POE camera is more zoomed out than even Diablo 3, comparison pictures.

Wega52: it's the same except your char stands a tad more to the left.

Take references on screen borders you'll see you have the same view area
"
patroche wrote:
Wega52: it's the same except your char stands a tad more to the left.

Take references on screen borders you'll see you have the same view area

It might be almost the same horizontally, but vertically I'm missing a lot.

WIP: BM Dualist using bow.
Still no comment from a dev? :(

WIP: BM Dualist using bow.
1. Camera zoom level is the same for everyone.
2. 16:9 resolutions can see more area horizantally and it's just how it works in most games.
3. I agree with ness that there is serious perspective contortion along with an interesting placement of player lightsource.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
"
Wega52 wrote:
Still no comment from a dev? :(

They are aware of this, but I've not heard of their planned solution yet.

I like the fisheye FOV recommendation, but I'm not sure if their engine can do that transform currently.

They need to standardize the view by some method... the problem is that with the data that is sent to the client, a hacker has a SIGNIFICANT advantage against a PVP opponent because they will be able to see them MUCH further away.

I do not know what they can really do about this. They have done some things already, but I feel that there is more to be done.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
This thread is awesome. I am now going to play with a slightly decreased vertical window size.

Some quick comparisons (all windowed):

-across 1920+1680 at minimum height windowed
-across 1920 at minimum height windowed
-across 1920x1080 in windowed
-across 1920x842 windowed

I am going to play in something close to the last resolution probably (1904x800 in options.)

I definitely recommend forcing viewable area to max out at the highest reasonable aspect ratio. I also recommend adding a "full screen windowed" option so that the border goes away.

Note: Widths may be slightly lower than claimed. Windowed takes ~16 pixels in width, and then they might be ~10 more pixels smaller than that because I just stretched the window and didn't bother looking in options for exact values.
Last edited by Watlok on Apr 8, 2012, 8:48:37 PM
My view is also crazy zoomed in.
http://i.imgur.com/9qH8V.jpg
Im getting a bit of a headache. I have to roll my chair back to arm length to reach the mouse for it to be decent.
Set default to semi-zooomed in, so then people start out zooming out and they would never had a clue about it.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
"
Fruitdealer1 wrote:
Honestly we would be happy if everyone of us gets the same view as the OP.
I dont know why, but this is all the zoom i get in Public Beta.

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2846/pawigl4h_jpg.htm
That's my view too.

Apparently those of us who don;t have 2k by 2k monitors are screwed.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
This thread is VERY misleading, that zoom can only be achieved by playing in window mode with the window dragged to a weird size, call me old fashioned but I dont consider that an optimal way of playing and totally destroys immersion.

Also the issue isn't only the zoom (though that doesnt help) but also that POEs character models are larger than than those other games and the enemies detect you from off screen so in real terms even with the fudged window zoom you still get hit more by ranged mobs than in those other games, and often unfairly. Also combat is for speed freaks so melee range is closed down VERY fast compared to say T2 or D3 where the combat is slower and more deliberate.
Last edited by RodHull on May 12, 2012, 1:14:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info