POE camera is more zoomed out than even Diablo 3, comparison pictures.

Seen a thread about this many times. Just wanted to show that Path Of Exile has the most zoomed out camera view point than Diablo 1, Diablo 2, Diablo 3 or even Torchlight.

Path Of Exile default view

Path of Exile wide screen view

Diablo 1

Diablo 2

Diablo 3

Torchlight (not very noticeable, but Path Of Exile wins by a very small margin.
Path Of Exile again (default view)
Widescreen POE

Don't understand how zoomed out people want their view. The developers have clearly listened to us, since the view has been zoomed out by a lot since alpha.

Path Of Exile Alpha

Path Of Exile Beta (default again)

The difference is A LOT. The camera is fine :)

Path Of Exile<3
Last edited by MythzFreeze on Mar 31, 2012, 9:01:43 AM
how do you zoom out? what keys do you press to zoom out?
34pre98qua
Yes please tell us how we can zoom out like the camera in the default beta.
"
Aerou wrote:
Yes please tell us how we can zoom out like the camera in the default beta.

That is the default camera position. I play at 1920x1080 resolution. If you press ALT+ENTER, that'll put you in windowed mode where you can make the game even wider, which will zoom out even more. There is no zoom-out button as far as I'm aware. :)
Maybe it is related to resolution? At 1920x1200 I am much MUCH closer than the pictures you are showing. I would be perfectly happy with the screens you have. I see about half as much of the game areas as you.
"
MythzFreeze wrote:
Seen a thread about this many times. Just wanted to show that Path Of Exile has the most zoomed out camera view point than Diablo 1, Diablo 2, Diablo 3 or even Torchlight.

Path Of Exile default view

Path of Exile wide screen view

That second picture has the same vertical field of view. So shrinking PoE will only increase the view distance on the left and right. It doesn't help when quick enemies spawn right above or below you just out of reach of your screen or when you want to shoot ice spear in that direction

Needless to say, shrinking your game window to gain more horizontal view is a very clunky way of increasing your view distance. If I could change both my vertical AND horizontal view distance, I would be glad. Current zoom level is not too bad, but seeing enemies above and below and using ranged attacks (especially ice spear) in those directions is a bit uncomfortable for me
Nice post -- but I would still like the ability to zoom out more.
My zoom level is also the same as OP's.

@LXj: I just look at their shadows ;D
Sweeping Maid
Honestly we would be happy if everyone of us gets the same view as the OP.
I dont know why, but this is all the zoom i get in Public Beta.

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2846/pawigl4h_jpg.htm
Last edited by Fruitdealer1 on Mar 31, 2012, 1:21:33 PM
At 1920x1200 I have always been very close.

Standardizing the view with all resolutions will be important for the future of PvP.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info