POE camera is more zoomed out than even Diablo 3, comparison pictures.

@MythzFreeze you are making a mistake to compare PoE's and Diablo's cam view, in Diablo games cam is a bit lower, you can see chars faces and you can see more FOV. in uper tight direction.
"
Astrapoys wrote:
@MythzFreeze you are making a mistake to compare PoE's and Diablo's cam view, in Diablo games cam is a bit lower, you can see chars faces and you can see more FOV. in uper tight direction.

I feel like this is actually a significant factor due to the way that humans process visual information about people... since we get a lot of extra information from the face. Not being able to see the face well, or at all, is a pretty big factor when it comes to overall effect.

The biggest issue with lowering the camera is that you shorten the view distance at the bottom, which is already truncated due to the camera position... which is a problem in fixed camera pvp.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
zeto wrote:
"
Astrapoys wrote:

I feel like this is actually a significant factor due to the way that humans process visual information about people... since we get a lot of extra information from the face. Not being able to see the face well, or at all, is a pretty big factor when it comes to overall effect.

The biggest issue with lowering the camera is that you shorten the view distance at the bottom, which is already truncated due to the camera position... which is a problem in fixed camera pvp.

Path Of Exile could use a bit wider Field-Of-View, that would allow the edges to curve a little showing slightly more of the surroundings while still having the actual camera position at the same height with a small re-positioning. Diablo 3 has a slightly higher FOV too, which makes the view a bit more natural than in Path Of Exile.
I assume you mean fish-eye FOV... an interesting idea. For instance, Skyrim significantly benefited by increasing the view that way.

My biggest thing is that they need to eventually fix the FOV exploits that allow some users to view more space than others depending on their resolution and how they manipulate their client window.

I think that experimenting with a fish-eye FOV increase might be worthwhile.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
zeto wrote:
I assume you mean fish-eye FOV... an interesting idea. For instance, Skyrim significantly benefited by increasing the view that way.

My biggest thing is that they need to eventually fix the FOV exploits that allow some users to view more space than others depending on their resolution and how they manipulate their client window.

I think that experimenting with a fish-eye FOV increase might be worthwhile.

Yea increasing the "fish-eye" FOV while adjusting the camera position might be a really good thing to experiment with. Make sure this happens ;)
My PoV/Zoom Level is much much closer than the screenshots and I'm at 1900x1200
yeah, I'm at max resolution and WAY closer than those screenshots. I asked for a zoom-out in chat once but was promptly 'shot down' (heh) by people saying that'd give ranged players a massive advantage.

At the resolution posted by OP, I agree completely.

At mine, not so much.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Forgot to say that I'm at 1920x1080 on a 22inch monitor.
Sweeping Maid
"
zeto wrote:
Standardizing the view with all resolutions will be important for the future of PvP.
"
zeto wrote:
It's a weird world when people buying a new monitor and actually seeing a benefit from it is an "exploit".

Maybe we should lower everyone's framerate down to the lowest of anyone in the match to prevent any input or reaction time imbalances. Maybe GGG should run some invasive code to determine if you're using key-macro software. Actually why allow more than two buttons, or more than three buttons, on the mouse at all? Some people have them and some people don't. ADVANTAGE.

Personally I'd prefer all the "rawr pvp must be 100% fair" people realised that there is fundamentally no guarantee of fair competition unless you sit down in a local tournament setting with controlled hardware and software. Least of all in this genre, and this game: PvP matches will regularly (I dare say the vast majority of the time) occur between people whose characters are not the same level and where one has better gear then the other, but those imbalances don't rate a mention compared to apparent screenspace imbalances and other such things. It's absurd. If you want fair, organise a tournament, or play console games at the very least. Otherwise, leave the rest of us to our non-standard setups.
Wow. I'm running at 1920x1080 and my zoom level looks like the alpha screenshot the OP posted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info