POE camera is more zoomed out than even Diablo 3, comparison pictures.

I'd rather see a skill gem that temporarily zooms out the camera at the cost of mana and charges. It could be white so everyone could use it.
I don't see why vertical FOV has to be restrained, while the horizontal can be adjusted.

I have just been killed by a medicine chest boss on the second difficulty. He hit me with ice spear from below before I could see him. I was frozen instanly and couldn't do much until I was dead. If he was coming from left or right I would have enough time to at least try and dodge his ice spear!

So why is the game should be harder depending on what direction monsters are coming at you?
I dont know why restricting zoom-out zoom-in in the game.
Would be better to just put it manualy.

People saying that it would give adventage to ranged classes ,how it would??

You see further just like melee class would ,but your attack range isnt increased.
And the current attack range is set to USE IT, thats the adventage of being ranged ,TO HAVE RANGED SKILLS for god sake.
You can always reduce the attack range ,whats the problem in it.

Plus making zoom manual you would remove the annoyance of enemy hiting you while you dont see it ,and thats darn problem.
Last edited by herflik on Apr 6, 2012, 3:36:50 PM
"
zeto wrote:
Moved for potential reply...

Thanks a lot Zeto :)

WIP: BM Dualist using bow.
The limited field of view wouldn't be such a problem if monsters couldn't start shooting at you before you can see them. I still get a claustrophobic feeling while playing the game when I have to go straight upwards or downwards, though.
Zoom in and out is a must in my opnion.
And I meant both the zoom-in-to-see-my-cool-armor and the adjustable zoom
Because life is short, you shall make rains of all sort - Amarena, the Iron Man
-
My IRON MAN witch build video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOUcu0ioL4
-
Do you want your witch wearing PANTS? check
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19769
It's not about camera zoom but camera angle and perspective distortion (see road from poe beta ss in the upper part of the screen it looks like viewed from like 30-40deg angle but in lower part of the screen it looks like viewed almost directly from above).
View distance in direction of top corner of the screen is more then twice view distance in direction of lower middle edge of the screen = since mobs range is fixed no matter from what direction they attack you it creates issues with dealing with mobs 'below' you and it would be real pain in PVP (flickers from out of the screen and being 'click-locked' by ranged chars attacking you from below even though you can't see them).
What's more because of this view distance disparity most open areas of the game are designed to be played from side to side or from south to north. It limits area topography randomization somewhat, making gameplay more repetitive.

There's always some view distance disparity in izo view games between the corners and the middle of the edges but here it's just too much.

btw a little comparison with d3. See the difference of camera angle, less perspective distortion and notice that char in D3 is placed a bit higher (above the center of the screen) then in PoE thus creating more space below him.

It's about zoom too. Many, if not most don't see what you see.

Standing in the same exact spot with almost the same size image.

If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
zeto wrote:
It's about zoom too. Many, if not most don't see what you see.

Standing in the same exact spot with almost the same size image.

true, up/down is same area, but u got some missing on left/right.

Now i have one suggestion: Lowering the camera angle would have a real better effect on gfx.

Though, it means that you'll have a larger view distance at top of the screen than the view distance at screen bottom.

This is not an issue, except for PvP.

Now there is a way to go around the problem: Why not designing PvP "arenas" (imagine a map, with west-east-north-south coordinates), that can be displayed from two point of views.
One player (or team) would spawn at south of the map (bottom of the screen being South, top of the screen is North).
The other player(team) spawns at north, with an opposite view direction (bottom of the screen is north, top of the screen is south).
Camera is still fixed for all players. Opponents now "face" each other, having their respective opponents on top of the screen, with the same view range for both teams.
Not having the same view range on top/bottom of the screen isen't an issue anymore that way, and camera angle can be changed.

not sure if description makes sense, hope so.
"
ness wrote:
It's not about camera zoom but camera angle and perspective distortion (see road from poe beta ss in the upper part of the screen it looks like viewed from like 30-40deg angle but in lower part of the screen it looks like viewed almost directly from above).
View distance in direction of top corner of the screen is more then twice view distance in direction of lower middle edge of the screen = since mobs range is fixed no matter from what direction they attack you it creates issues with dealing with mobs 'below' you and it would be real pain in PVP (flickers from out of the screen and being 'click-locked' by ranged chars attacking you from below even though you can't see them).
What's more because of this view distance disparity most open areas of the game are designed to be played from side to side or from south to north. It limits area topography randomization somewhat, making gameplay more repetitive.

There's always some view distance disparity in izo view games between the corners and the middle of the edges but here it's just too much.

btw a little comparison with d3. See the difference of camera angle, less perspective distortion and notice that char in D3 is placed a bit higher (above the center of the screen) then in PoE thus creating more space below him.

Nice comparison! If only my PoE was zoomed out as much as the SS you show here, I would be happy. to bad it isnt :(
Here is a view of mine:

WIP: BM Dualist using bow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info