BSOD with only POE

Windows 7 x64 24GB RAM, Xi-Fi Titanium PciE.

Only had a few crashes in Act 1 but in Act 2 it crashes a lot more often.

If it matters I didn't run with the overlay map on much in act 1 but have it on all the time in act 2.

The beta drivers seemed to help so far. Xi-Fi Titanium.

Previous post link didn't work:
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/adpzr
BSoDs with Creative Audigy 4
What i did:
Installed 2007year driver - not worked
Installed 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 years update in various combination- still no effect
Installed KX drivers (Compiled by russian community for this sound card)-not worked
Changed frequency of sound card from 16 bit 44100 Hz to 24 bit 192000 Hz with all intermediate values фтв still no effect
Also read all th same themes, made all suggested solutions and still BSoD'ing

P.S. I Liked PoE music\sound effects SUPER GOOD and cannot imagine how will I play with --nosound
I'm getting this error a lot. I just purchased a beta key and I haven't even been able to make it past character creation.

I do use my on-board sound for other things so instead of disabling it I'll set it to default for the time being.

Win 7Pro 64bit
AMD Phenom II X4 955
4GB RAM
SoundBlaster X-Fi
AMD Radeon HD 6800 series (6850 I think) - with HD Audio disabled.
Anyone still has this BSOD PAGE FAULT CRASH/Bluescreen ?

They give us the ability to chose software mode for creative users.
This should fix the problem because XRAM dont get touched in soft mode.
But the sound is just not the same like in hardware mode.

For all they still play with --nosound or with OnBoard because BSOD/CRASH
with CREATIVE Sound Device, PM me if u want try a other soluion.

REMEMBER THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SOLUTION!! TRY IT AT OWN RISK!!
Problems? PM
I have the same Blue screen with prtcls.sys, my sound card is Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium PCI Expresssound card (not HD). For a few times I also had blue screen but with different errors, didn't remember them
--softwareaudio works for me
IGN: MinimaLSUXXX
Last edited by MinimaL6077 on Jan 14, 2013, 6:35:38 AM
I just got the STOP 3B portcls.sys bug with Path of Exile. ONLY game to have ever done this on my system.

Have Windows 7 64-bit and a Creative X-Fi Titanium. All latest drivers.

You have to fix this before this game goes out of beta, or I WILL NOT BE PLAYING YOUR GAME, and neither will millions of people worldwide with a Creative card.

Please hire someone who knows how to code a PC game sound stack. Anyone will do, seeing as how NO OTHER GAME has this kind of issue.

Hell, make a Kickstarter project to fund fixing this stupid bug, if you have to, I'll pay!

What kind of sound card are you using internally to playtest anyway? What high end sound card DOESN'T produce this crash? I'm not seriously considering switching soundcards to play ONE game, but just curious.
Last edited by ElektroDragon on Jan 19, 2013, 8:23:25 PM
Ha! So I thought there was something wrong with my computer.

Getting the same BSOD as everyone else here. Windows 8 Professional x64. System specs in sig.
MSI Z77 MPOWER | Core i7 3770k | eVGA GTX680 FTW 4GB | 16GB G. Skill PC2100 DDR3 | X-Fi Titanium PCI-E | 2x Samsung 128GB SSD | 2TB WD Enterprise | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold RS800 | Antec DF-85 | Yamakasi 30" Sparta300 S-IPS 2560x1600 16:10
I get an 000007F blue screen all the time recently when playing POE. It doesn't matter if I play with sound, without sound, with software sound or whatever. Sometimes it works fine for half an hour, sometimes for a bit more, but mostly it's gone after roundabout 5 to 15 minutes.

And yes, I also got a Creative soundcard, Creative SB X-Fi Fatality XtremeGamer Sound Card. It produces great sounds and the whole system works fine since November 19th in 2009.

Hope that gets fixed anytime soon. But I know, some bugs are harder to remove than others, especially if it includes Creative and their official drivers from the stone age.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info