(HC/SC) Facebreaker + Cyclone - Fists of Fury Duelist [Videos Included]

Hmm, I don't really see how that unique shield increases damage, as it only CONVERTS 25% of your damage to fire damage. It shouldn't be increasing damage at all, or I'm just misunderstanding the shield. Nevertheless, that enfeeble on hit would work great with Cyclone.

Unfortunately I don't have the Daresso's Courage shield, though I'm trying to get my hands on one. It gives you +20% physical damage, and should do just that - increase damage of infernal blow / cyclone by 20%.

About Explosive Arrow being more efficient than Cyclone: I believe Cyclone is going to see some changes very soon. Brian_GGG has told us that data is being collected regarding Cyclone and may be adjusted, just like they did with Incinerate.
EndOfEnds: back to ressist - exactly as you said.
Its not a big problem to get the ressists, but for example my current problem is that I have change some parts of equip and I have a 100+ fire ressists and other ressists suffer :-D

its really hard to get exactly what we need :-D am I trying to alchemy every iron rings, prismatics and just hope that something nice will proc :-D

I will not wrote what we need, because you already wrote it :-D

Currently I have only 1 diamond skin (So I will probably take second one + body and soul or just ressists in marauder tree and later on I will respec it when I will finally drop something with cold or lightning and not fire :-D)

currently I have only 75 fire and something around 60 in other resists :-(

Yeah, Daresso's Courage unique shield gives you a boost to all resist, whereas Chernobog's Pillar only gives fire resist. If you can get it, I would definitely recommend getting Daresso's Courage and using that instead.

Try to get Prismatic rings that have +all resists, life and flat physical damage, and you shouldn't have any problems getting to max resists.

Edit: Are you using Purity? That could fix your issue in the short term.
Last edited by EndOfEnds on Mar 14, 2013, 6:46:21 AM
endofend: I am waiting for changes to cyclone :D I think than in 2 weeks we will see some which will make it viable :-D

The shield ... uff :-D Do you want formulas? :-DDDDDDD

but here it is :-D

Let say that you have bonus to fire damage and elemental damage (currently I have only only 107% increased fire damage + elemental damage - it will be more later)

Let say that you have this shield....
and thanks to this shield you will take 25% of yout total physical damage and apply on that part your 107% bonus.... Most of the time you have also added fire damage etc ... (thats the reason why the only things where you should put any point is fire damage, elemental damage and speed.

ps. I need to check it at home but it seems that you will maybe receive even higher bonus for cyclone than for infernal blow ... (because there is already 50% converted to fire). Here you will convert from 100%. Which means that damage increase will be maybe nearly 20%. Need to check it, because for every other characters with weapons formulas are absolutely clear and working, but for unarmed it simply work somehow and I dont know how :-D

So to know whats the best I must simply trying ... putting points, respec etc ... Thats the way how I get to explosive arrow + facebreaker combo :-D (I hope that I will be able to use cyclone more after few patches :-D)

its maybe like this :-D
very short counting = 1000 DPS + 200 DPS from increased physical damage = 1200
converted damage to fire = 750 physical dps + 250*2 fire damage = 1250

But I realize that I have different equip with increased physical damage (its definetly multiplicative). I will test it and count and post you result from which point its better to use fire shield, or if its simply better to use the physical one)
endofend: I have purity for all mana users :D But I am going blood :-D I really cant take it :-D I need to invest 4 points into ressits now and problem will be solved. (I dont want but I simply must now and I dont need to take care about ressits at all.)

When I get better proc on rings I will respec it.

I want to change the chest to something else and again +40 % fire + 40% lighning etc ... I dont know why it cant proc 40 light and 40 cold :-D (everything in my stash have fire fire fire fire)

the other problem is that i have different ressits on quiver (expolosive arrow) and on shield :-D which making everything little bit more complicated :-D (thats the disadvantage of explosive arrow + facebreaker combo). You need to get the ressits to 100 :-D (I have max ressits with quiver, but this new shield complicate it little bit because it adding only fire. And I already have all the rings and everything with fire ressits)
Last edited by antarian on Mar 14, 2013, 7:02:09 AM
endofend: which gems are you using with cyclone?

I am currently using

cyclone
melee physical damage
added fire damage
faster attacks

I would like to add concentrated effect + increased aoe (but I will see). But I dont have 6 link :-D and even then I will need to check it if its not better to improve infernal blow :-)

I dont use life leech I have around 10 - 15% life leech without gems, so I dont need it and it will decrease mine damage even more...

maybe very important note to cyclone is:

it adds +2% attack speed + 4% damage!!! (not many skills have a such a great bonus!!!)
it means that on lvl 20 it will have +40% attack speed and 80% increased damage and this skill will be maybe much more viable when we will finally levele it up to 20...

Especially attack speed bonus ... is multiplicative (so maybe I am just not patient enough :-)))) )

But still hitting all mobs twice per spin will be nice and it will be probably enough to use it as aoe :-D

ps. SORRY FOR THIS SPAM :-D
Last edited by antarian on Mar 14, 2013, 7:11:19 AM
actually I'm curious here, you can use facebreakers and bow/quiver?
you have 2 weapon slots and every facebreaker build.

Even the one with cyclone should invest into
AOE, attack speed, elemental (fire damage)

nothing else will increase our damage :-D

And this is exactly what is improving damage of explosive arrow :-D So you will just let them all explode with explosive arrow and if you want you will kill them with facebreaker ...

But facebreaker is only usefull when you need additional survivability from shield and when you fight with some boss (simply when you need single target).

I also use poison arrow normally to fill the gap after stacking explosive arrows on targets.

edit: explosive arrow also take advantage from added projectile damage - but its impossible to get fire damage, elemental damage, projectile damage. So you still need to choose what you get. In my example I am going aoe, elemental, fire of course, because all my skills will benefit from it...

flame totem, molten shell, infernal blow, eplosive arrow, cyclone with fire shield and added fire damage gem.
Last edited by antarian on Mar 14, 2013, 8:04:08 AM
Before I have also ranger build which will have in the end around 100% attack speed increase which leads to really powerfull single target DPS with infernal blow. But absolutely low aoe damage....

Until now if you want some aoe damage you must take FIRE damage.

Now with cyclone .... this attack speed increase build will benefit from it and it will double the cyclone damage (but I still dont have a time to try it and I am too lazy to try it :-D). It can be very interesting way how to build character. I will maybe try it with cyclone later, but I this character have low level and I am lazy to invest time into it:-)

this is also the reason, why I dont think that you build it correctly. You have a low attack speed, low aoe bonus, no fire damage, elemental damage ...

it will lead to horrible results in the end...

you must go fully for improving of cyclone damage (increase attack speed as much as possible. maybe fire - but you can live just with attack speed and it will be probably better)

or you should go for aoe, fire, elemental....

you are currently somewhere in the middle.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAMwB3AOWBS0K_w6tFSAXHRjbGYYb-iHAJd8mlSfVKaUqTSzpMgk1hjZ7N4o6szsoPydAoEOcQ9JHfkp9UzVVS1uvXQlfOWBDYEthIWVNZ6BsFm1sbXtuPW5pbqpyu3TtdPF4DXjreu99W4PbhNmE74d2ks2ZK5stm7Wdqp65pBmpbqvFrEezDrVItfK5zb2Bvoq-p8APwzrEWMS4ykrLQc5x0EfSTdN-1e3V-NyC3Q3d4-KA4urnCuss707vevxL_MX_kw==

this is something similar what I want to build with ranger before, but I canceled it due to lack of AOE...

but currently, if they little bit change how cyclone works, this build can be viable ...

It have much lower HP and worse ressits than your build, but it will have nice physical damage reduction + ressists you can get from equip :-D It will be only little hard :D

Damage wise it will be stronger so even life leech will be stronger. And with higher overall resists and higher damage leech is stronger and stronger.

But I will rather wait until i will see some changes :D

ps. I put it together really quickly, I just want to show direction ..... SPEEEEED SPEEEED SPEEED :-D this is what you need with facebreaker if you want to run cyclone :-D Maybe fire damage but Speed should be enough :-D
Last edited by antarian on Mar 14, 2013, 10:32:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info