respecing.

"
Kashdan wrote:
You got full respec in D2? No. So .. Next.

Is this game called Diablo 2? I wasn't aware.
From Patch 1.13, Diablo 2 players can now respec; there are two ways to perform a respecialization.
The first such way is to complete the Den of Evil quest, granting one respec per difficulty completed in 1.13. If this quest is completed before 1.13, one free respec will be given to players on Hell difficulty.
The second way to get a respec is to obtain the four essences as random drops from the Act Bosses.
Twisted Essence of Suffering from Andariel or Duriel
Charged Essence of Hatred from Mephisto
Burning Essence of Terror from Diablo
Festering Essenece of Destruction from Baal
Combining this four objects in a Horadric Cube will create a Token of Absolution, granting the desired respec.
"
pluppmupp wrote:

I'm not saying it should be free, but there should be a possibility to respec. For instance lets say you spec a certain way and then a patch hits you in your face which makes your max leveled char now totally useless. Happened to me in D2 and in other games and that made me quit since I like to min/max my chars in all games and patches tend to impact on skills and builds. Not being able to cope with that makes it a lottery.

In the past when GGG have released major patches that screwed significantly with things, they gave free respecs. It was possibly more when the skill tree was changed, however.

The game is still in development so if they do nerf a build you're using, stick with it for a bit and if you can't compensate well for the nerf after some thought, let them know. This'll help them get a better balance of what was nerfed if it was too far.
Respecs would make things better. they don't have to be free... Let the cost be 500 scrolls of wisdom, 1000 or whatever, 20 alchemist stones, 5 rare items, i have no idea, but a respec option SHOULD be added.
"
Retpwnzyalol wrote:
but a respec option SHOULD be added.

There is one already.
You have respec points from quests and orbs of regret.
"
pluppmupp wrote:

I'm not saying it should be free, but there should be a possibility to respec. For instance lets say you spec a certain way and then a patch hits you in your face which makes your max leveled char now totally useless. Happened to me in D2 and in other games and that made me quit since I like to min/max my chars in all games and patches tend to impact on skills and builds. Not being able to cope with that makes it a lottery.

Thats is why when they patch and change the tree THEY ALSO reset your tree (giving you a full respec).

So yes GGG is fair in that regard.

This game has plenty of respec already.
Standard Forever
People forget one thing here. As soon as you've good gear to grind, you can grind easy and drop into last difficult areas in a couple of days since we've just 3 Acts for now.

Respecs as they're right now are fine. You get some free points, from quests, to change some misclicks and that's all. If you want to try new builds, make new chars and grind the game faster then the first time. Game would be boring if all what you want is to try new builds and nothing more while grinding a new char can give you more fun and even find new uses for your char.
"
ProNab wrote:
People forget one thing here. As soon as you've good gear to grind, you can grind easy and drop into last difficult areas in a couple of days since we've just 3 Acts for now.

Respecs as they're right now are fine. You get some free points, from quests, to change some misclicks and that's all. If you want to try new builds, make new chars and grind the game faster then the first time. Game would be boring if all what you want is to try new builds and nothing more while grinding a new char can give you more fun and even find new uses for your char.

you sure like grinding.

My current opinion of the game is that it is more suitable for the asian markets where grinding is loved.

i don't say working on you char or items, but the lack of current content and story worsens replayability a lot more than a respec would as currently to go through normal takes 4-5h and you start doing same thing you just did a couple of hours ago.

replayability is not about forcing you making a new char, replayability is about content and stuff you can do in game.

a game is to enjoy yourself, not to have another fulltime monothonic job where you kill same mobs from 6 till 11. it sounds more like an angry boss yelling for a mistake and making you stay for unpaid overtime.
"
l0wl wrote:
if respecing is supposed to be a cheep form of replayability, i would suggest an experience loss in exchange; less savage when trying to test out a new formula or correct a long term mistake.

Yes.

I suggest a 100% loss of XP on a respec.

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
"
darkmeiun wrote:
replayability is not about forcing you making a new char, replayability is about content and stuff you can do in game.

How does easy buildswitching to do a small portion at the end of the content over and over again differently somehow offer more replayability than rerolling and experiencing entire content in a different way?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info