[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

"
GazCamp3r wrote:
Hey guys. Just a quick question (I hope its not answered yet). Just started this build, already in act6, but I dont understand why do I need a +1 chaos gem wand in my hand, if every skill that uses chaos dmg is needed to be 4 or more linked, so I can only put the moving, or the cwdt gems in my hand.
Im kinda lost with this...

edit: Another question is about the Spreading Rot jewel. The leveling guide says, that if you dont have it, use another skill, etc... I have the jewel, but I dont have any socket in the passive tree in it, cause until 80-90 points spent there still zero empty socket allocated.

+1/+2 wand is just to get you started and is a great boost to any chaos skill you may use in your wand.
Once you get 4 link items coloured correctly then you'll not be needing them and would be upgrading your wands as you go along looking for spell and chaos damage/NACDOT/etc.

Spreading rot just any socket on tree that has 40 int available (don't have to select the Int nodes). Looking at your Tree you have a free socket available south of Mind Over Matter which is the perfect place for this.
"
GooNSaucE wrote:
This is a super detailed guide and I enjoy it, but I'm confused by the POB for the first stage, there's nodes selected with nothing linking and the gem, frailty. Am I just that noobish I'm missing something or is it incomplete?

Thank you very much for anybody's time that they take to explain!!

There were quite a few changes to the tree and those behind Mind Over Matter were removed and not sure if they were relocated elsewhere on the tree.

To use MOM you'll def need a good mana pool of around 2k+ and possibly Essence Worm for Malevolence Aura which won't affect your mana.
Ideally you'll want to work towards Eldritch Battery/Mind Over Matter build so you can then start to use more aura's esp if you get the Devouring Diadem which helps with the mana reservation.
"
Trulls_Rohk wrote:
"
zcooxx wrote:
Hi - I'm digging the playstyle so far :) ... However, I've just got my first 4 link and made the Bane/Despair/Temporal chains/efficacy link... However, (and I might be too dumb for my own good here - I realize that) - How does the whole curse mechanics work? ... Does bane always cast despair? And what about Temporal Chains? As far as I see I only have two applicable curses with Whispers of Doom right? ... Are one of the three curses then just for boosting Banes dmg? And how do I control which one is my second curse actually afflicting mobs?

If you have Whispers of Doom and your using Bane with Temp Chains/Despair you'll apply the benefits of Bane plus the two curses.
You can test this out using Bane, you should notice monsters have two curse icons above them.

But don't we have 3 curses?
Bane, Despair and Temporal Chains?... So bane isn't a curse .. or?
"
zcooxx wrote:
"
Trulls_Rohk wrote:
"
zcooxx wrote:
Hi - I'm digging the playstyle so far :) ... However, I've just got my first 4 link and made the Bane/Despair/Temporal chains/efficacy link... However, (and I might be too dumb for my own good here - I realize that) - How does the whole curse mechanics work? ... Does bane always cast despair? And what about Temporal Chains? As far as I see I only have two applicable curses with Whispers of Doom right? ... Are one of the three curses then just for boosting Banes dmg? And how do I control which one is my second curse actually afflicting mobs?

If you have Whispers of Doom and your using Bane with Temp Chains/Despair you'll apply the benefits of Bane plus the two curses.
You can test this out using Bane, you should notice monsters have two curse icons above them.

But don't we have 3 curses?
Bane, Despair and Temporal Chains?... So bane isn't a curse .. or?

Yes and No, it applies the two curses, Bane doesn't surpass the curse limit.
Guys but I have 3 questions, please don't ignore:

1. How far to level gem Clarity? It is not mentioned in your guide and in PoE build there is no Clarity even. Do we need it or not?

2. I use the link Shield charge/fortify/culling strike/faster attack as you mentioned but I do not use icon of Fortify in the buff about. Does it work or not? I am even not sure if culling strike working?

3. I use CWDT-Immortal call-Chaos golem, you mentioned that CWDT should be level 8 and Immortal call level 10 but what about the golem? Max it and self cast him or not?

Please see my progression in the profile.
"
Mighty_fist wrote:

1. How far to level gem Clarity? It is not mentioned in your guide and in PoE build there is no Clarity even. Do we need it or not?

2. I use the link Shield charge/fortify/culling strike/faster attack as you mentioned but I do not use icon of Fortify in the buff about. Does it work or not? I am even not sure if culling strike working?

3. I use CWDT-Immortal call-Chaos golem, you mentioned that CWDT should be level 8 and Immortal call level 10 but what about the golem? Max it and self cast him or not?

1: Never used Clarity myself as you should be getting good mana recovery from "Patient Reaper" when you kill, maybe a mana flask will help in tight situations.

Also be aware that if your using MOM and your reserving all that mana with Clarity/Haste/Grace you won't be benefiting from MOM as your mana pool will be extremely low. The only time this works is when you spec into Eldritch Battery with off the Tree or using the unique helm Devouring Diadem.

2: Fortify will only occur when you shield charge monsters and if they're low on health then Culling Strike will finish them off.

3: Read the text on CWDT, it should state the max gem level u can use for it to proc. Your CWDT states gem lvl 52 or lower, but your Chaos Golem is level 62.
When CWDT is working correctly your gem icons should be greyed out and states skill cannot be used.
Fortify actually doesn't proc with wand. It proc if you are unarmed... Maybe a bug and patched soon ?
"
Trulls_Rohk wrote:
"
Mighty_fist wrote:

1: Never used Clarity myself as you should be getting good mana recovery from "Patient Reaper" when you kill, maybe a mana flask will help in tight situations.

Also be aware that if your using MOM and your reserving all that mana with Clarity/Haste/Grace you won't be benefiting from MOM as your mana pool will be extremely low. The only time this works is when you spec into Eldritch Battery with off the Tree or using the unique helm Devouring Diadem.

2: Fortify will only occur when you shield charge monsters and if they're low on health then Culling Strike will finish them off.

3: Read the text on CWDT, it should state the max gem level u can use for it to proc. Your CWDT states gem lvl 52 or lower, but your Chaos Golem is level 62.
When CWDT is working correctly your gem icons should be greyed out and states skill cannot be used.

Thank you so much for the answers. However, clarity does not reserve % but fixed amount. And since we have a lot of mana it is not very visible - it is like 10% maybe or even less. But still wanted to ask. Because I don't understand as in the guide it is mentioned but in PoB not.

Regarding fortify - well I am not THAT stupid haha of course I use it against monsters. It is NOT working.

Regarding golem - again I know about the support of it with CWDT. My question was do we need to LEVEL the golem and self cast or do we need to keep him for CWDT.
Last edited by Mighty_fist on Jun 11, 2019, 3:23:25 PM
Hi, loving the build so far, just a quick question ..

The PoB for the Life+MoM, Bane+2 Curses, doesn't state that we need the diadem for the 3 auras together, alas it's actually impossible to even have haste and grace at the same time, and with worm you can only have 2 max auras anyway, so are we dropping grace until we get the Unique helm? Thanks.
Can this build do HoGM in addition to Shaper and Uber Elder? If so, is there a particular flavor of the build that's best for that content?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info