[3.6] "The KnightKing" Budget League Starter -> 5+Mill Shaper DPS This Season

arelil
Thank you for the exhausting work. I'll do my best to follow your directions.

again thank you.
hey guys need some advice i'm currently l 90 and die in maps mines and vs syndicate much to fast though i have decent gear ! can someoene look ath my build give me soem tips ty !
my ing is killwitches
Not sure if the question already got asked.

I have a T1 crit multi + Damage per power charge wand at my hand.

What are my 3 best prefix multimod options for this build? What exactly should I craft?

?
"
gaser wrote:
Not sure if the question already got asked.

I have a T1 crit multi + Damage per power charge wand at my hand.

What are my 3 best prefix multimod options for this build? What exactly should I craft?

?

I'd say:
- Spell Damage/Non Chaos as Chaos
- Flat Cold Damage to spells
- Non Chaos as extra Chaos damage (if it's possible with the multi, can't check by myself)
Hi folks!

Currently looking for some advice as I think of myself as being blind with no selfawareness atm. Build feels very squishy for me and it's not that my damage is skyrocketing. I often try to flame dash out of something but nothing happens. Have been doing a couple of t5-8 maps yesterday and went fast from 71 to where I am now, 76ish I guess, but still: the feeling of top damage, clearspeed or tankiness is not really there. Should it be there with my current setup?

I am missing:
-Ulab
-6l Shav
-Webs ring with enough res to cap out

Any ideas on how to proceed most effectively with my WannaBeNightKing? More detailed:
-Skilltree rework?
-Switch gems now?
-What to switch back in when?
-What to farm for xp right now?

TL;DR: pls roast me, daddy!
"
Baltasar wrote:
Hi folks!
Spoiler

Currently looking for some advice as I think of myself as being blind with no selfawareness atm. Build feels very squishy for me and it's not that my damage is skyrocketing. I often try to flame dash out of something but nothing happens. Have been doing a couple of t5-8 maps yesterday and went fast from 71 to where I am now, 76ish I guess, but still: the feeling of top damage, clearspeed or tankiness is not really there. Should it be there with my current setup?

I am missing:
-Ulab
-6l Shav

Any ideas on how to proceed most effectively with my WannaBeNightKing? More detailed:
-Skilltree rework?
-Switch gems now?

My approach on almost every char is:
1. Try to cap resists with the most strongest Jewelery I can get.
2. Get the most def stat out of the "filler items" (in this build ES) and try to reach stat reqs.
3. Look for DPS
4. Upgrade, upgrade, upgrade

My approach on your Gear (I try to add some search examples):

You are way to high overcapped (108 in Hide is enough) and Chaos isn't that important (the Game is designed around that the most people have around 0).

1. Jewelery
On Rings you got 2 major options: 2 Shaper Rings (cheaper, slightly les dps, easier to cap stats+res - can have flat cold, spell dam, ES, Crit Multi and decent stats as well as res) or 1 Elder Ring + Mark of the Shaper (expansive, slightly more DPS, hard to cap stats+res - Elder Ring can have flat fire, Crit Multi, ES, Stats, Res - more the gimmick Ring, DPS comes from the Mark).

My rings (dont know exactly know what I've paid, but they were more on the cheap site - like not more as 40c each, without Spider craft):

On Amu you got 3 Options: Shaper Amu with Damage Penetration, Elder Amu with Non Chaos as Extra Chaos or the normal Route with Spell Damage/Cold Damage. Nice Rolls to get: ES/%max ES, Crit Multi, Stats, Res.

My Amu (I've paid an insane amount of 1 Chaos for it):

2. Filler Gear
On boots I personally use the Fenumus Boots as they provide a nice addition to the Spider Aspect (I've used them from the beginning even if I just got the Aspect like 1 hour before):

Another Spider Web (more Damage), Energy Shield on hit (nice QoL), 25 MS decent) and Res (why not).

On Gloves you have 2 major options: Gloves with faster casting (waymore expensive)or without. Here you can get your ES, Res and Stats.
My Gloves (paid like 30c):

On Helm you got some Options: The Vertex (cheap start, good ES, easy Enlighten 4 due to +1 Gems, Chaos Res), Doedre's Scorn (DPS) or a Rare (fill out Stats and Res and for the rich one -9% Cold Res).

My Helmet (bought today for 1.4 Exa):

Your Belt is good but I would fit in some 3 Stat Jewels without that much Res (unfortunately I had to use one Res stat too to fit my Wise Oak Caps).

On Flasks I'd suggest a Wise Oak (optimum res balance is all on the exact same number except chaos, but important is that cold res is the highest), Atziri's Promise and I'd suggest Bottled Faith (expansive) + 2 utility flasks (one with anti bleed and one is anti freeze). I personally dont like Dying Sun (which is without a doubt a nice flask for the build), because of the fuck up on Wise Oak (you need to have min 50% more Cold res than Fire Res to not loose the Penetration of the Oak).

I hate the Flask Pianio Play so mine are no way near optimized.

3. DPS Gear
On Weapon you got 2 major Options: Wand with Damage on Power Charge (cheaper) or Wand/Sceptre with Non Chaos as Chaos (can get ultrapricy when Handcrafted). I personally look for Spell/Cold Damge, Flat Cold Damage, Crit Multi and the Damage Stat as mentioned.
My Wand (it was 13 C):

I run a second Winter Orb link here with increased duration for QoL on Map Clearing (lasts 9 instead of 6 seconds).

Let's get to your Passive Tree:
You have some pathing notes which are not needed (you tree is double connected). I'd personally change the tree to that one at he moment:

Explanation:
On the lower end of gear I'd took the ES-Leech Cluster near Pain Attunement and on the top left near Unnatural Calm. You get a decent amount of maximum Energy Leech Rate which opts out on 2.000 ES per Sec to leech (you got 1.300 at mom). This was a huge change of QoL for me.
I personally prefer the Influence Aura Cluster (top right) over the Sovereignity Cluster (left side). I dont need that much reduced Mana reserved and it gives more Aura Effect.
On Top I'm not using the double curse. I'm not he guy who is manual curseing, so more than 1 Curse on Cwdt is not managable. If you are Ok with the Bane cursing, you can later on reintegrate the double curse. For the moment the other changes have a greater impact on my opinion.

At the end my actual passive tree:
I took the Duration Cluster but thats just a QoL on lazy walking for Map Clear.

I hope this helps (and is understandable - english is not my native language).

BR

Borat
"
Baltasar wrote:
Hi folks!

I am missing:
-Ulab
-6l Shav

-Skilltree rework?
-Switch gems now?

borat makes a ton of good points, but a few things to add / expand on. Fenumus spinnerets are a huge part of the reason you're running aspect of the spider, the ~20 ES on hit you get is huge, as with this build youre shooting a ton of projectiles and hitting tons of stuff. I would run with these until at a minimum you pick up a watchers eye that gives either +ES on hit while affected by discipline or +ES leech while affected by zealotry. This would be the first thing I do as the boots are super cheap and should give you a pretty noticeable leech bump. I ran them all the way to uber elder (and killed him while using them).

Secondly, your rings really arent doing much for you, the ele resist is nice, but its easier to pick up elsewhere on your tree (or even running purity of elements to boost as I have been). If youre looking for dps + survivability pick up an elder ring with T1-T2 ES and as much ele resist as you can afford, then pick up a mark of the shaper for your second ring for a free +100% spell dmg boost.

Third, pick up an 'energy from within' jewel, and socket it in the top center of your tree (where you have vivid ruin currently). Then respec your points from practical application below through heart & soul, and pick up cruel preparation over to the left of the jewel socket, should be an easy +1k ES.

You're also spending quite a few points inefficiently. Over on the right-hand side of your tree (near the written in blood node) you have a 'loop', de-spec from the point in intelligence + the two 5% ES nodes in the loop that dont path towards the notable (take a look at my tree if youre confused on this one). Likewise, on the 'Unnatural Calm' wheel, you have some point allocated in the ES wheel that arent leading anywhere. While ES is never bad, its typically considered to be best practice to move towards one of the larger nodes to get more stats out overall.

Thanks to you guys!

Tree:

"
You have some pathing notes which are not needed (you tree is double connected). I'd personally change the tree to that one at he moment:

"
Third, pick up an 'energy from within' jewel, and socket it in the top center of your tree (where you have vivid ruin currently). Then respec your points from practical application below through heart & soul, and pick up cruel preparation over to the left of the jewel socket, should be an easy +1k ES.

I did the double connect from witch start to the top and then left with the intent to respecc there for "energy from within". Have one sitting in stash.

The skill tree totally needs some rework. I'll think about the leech vs. more ehp and the pathing for sure.

Gear choices:

Rings are not changed from my levelling gear when playing life based. They are wasted, absolutely. Sitting on 180+ res after adding all my energyshield gear from other occultist. This needs to be looked at.

I'm honestly not so unhappy with the boots, helm, gloves, wand and amulet. Most was selfcrafted for budget reasons, I have to say. Let's go through it:
Wand for example has t1 power charge dmg, 89% spell, crit multi and spell crit t1.
Boots and gloves are complementary to each other with decent shield and 2 t1 and 1 t2 res of all three types. Good start to get that capped. At least with the helm needing strength enchant to free a pathing towards another str node on the left side of the tree near ele overload. Everything I looked at was way more expensive and in the end providing +100 energy shield for 6+ ex.
Amu with high dex and t1 shield crit multi and perfect t3 crit chance roll, well.

Didn't find any upgrades with my current budget of 2ex 100+c. Maybe I am watching for worst possible and overpriced combinations?!

The Shaper's mark + Elder ring with Spider's web is beeing looked at. As I'm constantly playing braindead tired atm I would like to have a higher pool of shield than way more damage, I guess. I'm currently stupidly bad at avoiding things.

I even forgot to change flasks. The 'I can't flame dash out' was because of freeze/slow. And I didn't have a flask for that: i was still running around with life flasks from kitava fight. No april fools, admittedly.

Changed that to a budget setup with diamond, silver, quicksilver and basalt. Feels way better now. Insert facepalm here.

I will stop it here, I guess you two see where this is getting. I will come back to you when I reworked stuff and still suck.

Again, thx to you!
Last edited by Baltasar on Apr 4, 2019, 1:54:12 AM
"
Baltasar wrote:
Thanks to you guys!

I've made a quick shopping list for your budget on actual offered Items:
Ghoul Knot (15C): https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/7l5277C5
Rift Spiral (7C): https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/KJDv4Ei5
Sol Talons (15C): https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/XqDv3BTP
Oblivion Pendant (5C): https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/0B8Ojpsg
Grim Glare (10C): https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/6ZkdK0sG
Morbid Oculus (25C): https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/6ZkdK0sG
Oblivion Dew (1 Exa): https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/Ey6MPKt5
Kraken Star (50C): https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/y9RkaqUR
The Wise Oak (I'd suggest a 14% roll): ~15C
Atziri's Promise (max Ele roll): ~15C
The Vertex (270 ES+): 15C
Fenumus Spinnerets (180+Eva/ES): ~5C

That's a total of 1 Exa and 167C and will result in a Burst optimum damage of way over 700k on 7k ES at your current level of Gems and over 1.5 Mio on 6l and max level gems (without further Damage scaling on tree). Should be more then okish.

You have to adjust the enchants a bit. And if you wanna go full ham, you can buy yourself a Fenumus in an Orb (the orther half ex left after these buys) and craft Aspect on Spider on the Ghoul Knot. Here is the PoB for my thoughts: https://pastebin.com/q9v6aEKx

Last edited by Borat187 on Apr 4, 2019, 5:56:02 AM
Thanks a bunch for the work on this build and thread. I am currently doing a version of this, where I just adjusted a few skills slightly, and it's a blast!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info