Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.6] "The KnightKing" Budget League Starter -> 5+Mill Shaper DPS This Season

"
Hi,

Noob question:

Why do this build say to make sure to get "crit multiplier while affected by anger" on the watcher's eye jewel? As far as I can tell I'm not affected by any anger, at least not in game!

Thankful for help with clearifying this.

I do not understand either. I am using the version with clarity and hatred
"
Nordicus wrote:
(Posting from my old PC account, as I've just come back to play on my PS4).

Loving this build and having a lot of fun with it already. However, there's one point I don't understand, which I hope someone can clarify:

I noticed that the build includes some crit nodes, including "Annihilation". However, everyone seems to be using "Controlled Destruction" on Winterorb, which removes crit from the spell alltogether.

Why would you invest in crit nodes, if you remove crit from the spell setup of Winter Orb? Do you use the crit on the frostspear or?

Thanks a bunch for the clarification!

That's not how Controlled Destruction works. 100% reduced Crit refers to the base Crit of a Spell. Ice Spear for reference has a base crit chance of 7%, so Controlled Destruction reduces your global Crit chance by 7%. Winter Orb has a base crit chance of 6%, so CD reduces your global WO Crit Chance by 6%.

"
Stressman wrote:
"
Hi,

Noob question:

Why do this build say to make sure to get "crit multiplier while affected by anger" on the watcher's eye jewel? As far as I can tell I'm not affected by any anger, at least not in game!

Thankful for help with clearifying this.

I do not understand either. I am using the version with clarity and hatred

This is an artifact of the old 3.5 Version. On that time Hatred and Zealotry weren't in the build but Anger was. It was simply overwied on revamp I think.
"
Borat187 wrote:
"
Nordicus wrote:
(Posting from my old PC account, as I've just come back to play on my PS4).

Loving this build and having a lot of fun with it already. However, there's one point I don't understand, which I hope someone can clarify:

I noticed that the build includes some crit nodes, including "Annihilation". However, everyone seems to be using "Controlled Destruction" on Winterorb, which removes crit from the spell alltogether.

Why would you invest in crit nodes, if you remove crit from the spell setup of Winter Orb? Do you use the crit on the frostspear or?

Thanks a bunch for the clarification!

That's not how Controlled Destruction works. 100% reduced Crit refers to the base Crit of a Spell. Ice Spear for reference has a base crit chance of 7%, so Controlled Destruction reduces your global Crit chance by 7%. Winter Orb has a base crit chance of 6%, so CD reduces your global WO Crit Chance by 6%.

Ah cool, thanks for clarifying! :)
It seems that our master "JN1K5" has given up the build.. ????
Probably suks.....
"
Stressman wrote:
It seems that our master "JN1K5" has given up the build.. ????
Probably suks.....

nah the build is fine, just requires modifications to tackle endgame content. I downed uber elder fairly painlessly with a setup similar to what Im currently running.
arelil
You kill uber elder this league with your currently gear ?

your amulet gives you how much energy shield ??

thanks
"
Stressman wrote:
arelil
You kill uber elder this league with your currently gear ?

your amulet gives you how much energy shield ??

thanks

yes, I killed uber with my current setup. Im sitting at 9.1k ES and ~3million shaper DPS (with flasks) with current gear setup. Current setup also allows me to run 7 auras, so I've brought anger back into the mix for more dps. If you want even MORE dps, you can sub out spinnerets for skyforths, which will handle your power charge generation for you. With that covered you can sub out power charge on crit for elemental focus in your 6L setup, boosting shaper dps up to ~3.4mil

yes, I killed uber with my current setup. Im sitting at 9.1k ES and ~3million shaper DPS (with flasks) with current gear setup. Current setup also allows me to run 7 auras, so I've brought anger back into the mix for more dps. If you want even MORE dps, you can sub out spinnerets for skyforths, which will handle your power charge generation for you. With that covered you can sub out power charge on crit for elemental focus in your 6L setup, boosting shaper dps up to ~3.4mil[/quote]

oK. My bigest problem is ES , only have 7.1k . Must work on it. Maybee change the skill tree.. Thx for the reply.
"
Stressman wrote:

yes, I killed uber with my current setup. Im sitting at 9.1k ES and ~3million shaper DPS (with flasks) with current gear setup. Current setup also allows me to run 7 auras, so I've brought anger back into the mix for more dps. If you want even MORE dps, you can sub out spinnerets for skyforths, which will handle your power charge generation for you. With that covered you can sub out power charge on crit for elemental focus in your 6L setup, boosting shaper dps up to ~3.4mil

oK. My bigest problem is ES , only have 7.1k . Must work on it. Maybee change the skill tree.. Thx for the reply.[/quote]

taking a look, your tree has some inefficiencies in it currently. Change it up a bit and you could boost ES pretty significantly:
-Lucidity wheel is doing very little for you, I would de-spec those points.

-Arcane wheel isnt a big enough boost to ES to justify the 2 points going into it, I would de-spec that as well,

-Ethereal Feast is ok, but Light Eater is better, I would despec that wheel and go into the other.

- I would re-do the entire way you're connecting across the top of the tree, youre wasting quite a few points just on travel nodes that arent getting you anything. I would instead path up through arcanists dominion (through crit chance nodes if you want more dps) and then unspec all the intelligence travel nodes all the way from where you turn into the heart of ice wheel to the jewel socket to the left of Chaos Innoculation

-get an 'energy from within' jewel and socket it in the top center of your tree (where the abyssal jewel is now), then spec into the life nodes around it (jewel converts life to ES, it ends up giving something like +40% ES). When you do this, unspec from practical application, and spec into heart&soul

-the arcane guarding tree is super inefficient to get to, I would despec from that wheel and the surrounding frost walker wheel, if you really want the +25% cold damage come at it from the bottom side. to save points.

-move your watchers eye to another jewel socket and put a tempered flesh in onto the left jewel node for free 40% crit multi.
double post.
Last edited by arelil on Mar 29, 2019, 4:32:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info