[3.6] "The KnightKing" Budget League Starter -> 5+Mill Shaper DPS This Season

I'm lost,why call it ice spear build when you use winter orb?Also why use a ice spear gem along side winter orb?
"
lucian_22 wrote:
I'm lost,why call it ice spear build when you use winter orb?Also why use a ice spear gem along side winter orb?

The majority of the damage comes from Ice Spear's second form (3m compared to winter orb's 53k). Winter orb is there so you can get the damage bonus from CWC while also getting a bit of damage one the move since it lasts for a while. You can check the details with the Path of Building link.

On another note, would it be worth swapping Winter Orb and CWC for Slower Projectiles and Spell Echo since self-casting buffs? (PoB indicates a 0.5m increase in damage, but maybe Slower Projectiles messes things up(?))
"
Balantakos wrote:
12983719837129837 Million Shaper DPS...nobody cares.

How is it gonna perform in red maps? Survival etc...

It was Fantastic for me... I posted Shaper Run, and I have t15/16 footage that I'm still trying to edit through. The farming I did with this was Shaped Spider Forest and Tower primarily, and I ran 8 mod corrupts on those as well as the T16's that were dropped to get the shards.

on T15's I cranked through everything as well as should be expected without issue but on t16 I struggled a bit with -X to max res and High Crit multi/crit chance. The Flask of warding was really good for me on heavily curse moded maps.

Chimera was the hardest T16 map as the movement into the smoke clouds wasn't as fast as other chars I've played... so you took damage for a longer period of time without being able to avoid. Vaal Discipline worked for one instance, but if it wasn't up the next time it was a challenge.

Hydra and Pheonix were very easy... I died once in Hydra, but that was a huge player error.

Minotaur never killed me nor really came close... I kept distance and melted fast.

General Map farming was very efficient but i'd be lying if I didn't say I wanted more movespeed on the char.

The Shaper DPS does matter man, cuz that's how you kill bosses... the less time you are in the fight the more likely you are to get through it.

That said... Just by upgrading the gear, getting 2 more passives if you can afford the res's on the gearing instead of Alira, and the 10 additional points from leveling, you could easily get up to around 13K es without much of a problem.

Hope this answer's your questions!
"
returnofsnow wrote:
How would you start this in a new league ?

Same way I started in the last, Use a Tabula Rasa and hybrid Es/Life until you can get the levels and gear you need to switch. I unfortunately got the Shav's Really late last league and had to farm a lot of Syndicate for it. But I used the 5 link Shaped Staff to be able to farm until I could afford the Shav's and the switch into LL/Pain Attunement.

Let me know about specific questions you have.
Last edited by JN1K5 on Mar 6, 2019, 6:17:50 PM
"
Badfox14 wrote:
Great Build - Will you be updating this for 3.6 Synthesis? With all the new ES passive nodes & support gems any changes to passive tree or supports for WO/IS. Ice Spear got a buff while Winter Orb was nerfed - how will this affect damage & clear speed for the build?

I'm uploading a video to Youtube at this very moment to go through all of this!

Yes, We did very very well with the buff... But Vaal Righteous Fire was actually the biggest thing to inspire changes. Ice Spear was the only damage we were counting in POB and the only damage we were trying to scale... Winter Orb was and is just a cold based Channeling skill. The only effect it may have is in really deep delves, you may notice that the "shotgun projectiles" from Winter orb will not be sufficient to kill mobs... the damage nerf will not affect typical monsters in maps IMHO.

Clear speed was always done mostly at edge of screen with Ice Spear regardless... so that should not be affected

Ask me any other questions I didn't sum up in my recap of the 3.6 patch notes!
"
Hello, Nice build. Ill definitely try to follow it during synthesis.
One question regarding helmet slot...
What about the phys dmg taken as element for more tankyness? Is it possible to squeeze it in?
Or -% cold resist for nearby enemies.?

Are those mods even worth the slot on helmet?

Absolutely man, Those are great! Get Res and Aspect of the Spider on different Gear and you will be in great shape to put god mods on the helm... just don't give up too much ES
Perfect build, tree updated for 3.6?
"
lucian_22 wrote:

Totally understand your confusion. We are scaling all of the damage from the ice spear and not the Winter Orb. The reason we do this is to get automatic, Fast, High Damage and Highly effective casting of Ice Spear which cannot be achieved via hand casting (At least in 3.5) and is unmatched by Winter orb -> specifically when bossing.
I understand most of the proposed changes for 3.6 except for ditching Anger in favor of Hatred - since Hatred is a % of Phys. dmg and we don't do Phys. dmg it won't give us anything. or am I missing something?

oops....yes, I missed the change to this aura in 3.6 - a flat % MORE to cold damage..........YES !
Last edited by Badfox14 on Mar 6, 2019, 8:37:02 PM
"
Badfox14 wrote:
I understand most of the proposed changes for 3.6 except for ditching Anger in favor of Hatred - since Hatred is a % of Phys. dmg and we don't do Phys. dmg it won't give us anything. or am I missing something?

oops....yes, I missed the change to this aura in 3.6 - a flat % MORE to cold damage..........YES !

You got it man! Even without the *now confirmed* more Damage scaling on Zealotry, Hatred with "more cold damage" and the Watchers Eye Flat Cold added is indeed better than Anger. Also the change of the "non-Chaos as extra Chaos" on the want has been revamped to "(Single Elemental) Damage as extra Chaos... because of this dealing 100% cold is just going to be better!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info