[3.6] "The KnightKing" Budget League Starter -> 5+Mill Shaper DPS This Season

"
Stressman wrote:
"
Hi,

Noob question:

Why do this build say to make sure to get "crit multiplier while affected by anger" on the watcher's eye jewel? As far as I can tell I'm not affected by any anger, at least not in game!

Thankful for help with clearifying this.

I do not understand either. I am using the version with clarity and hatred

The watcher's Eye was a Mistake which I've now fixed. you are supposed to use the Clarity Enchant with the Hatred (Flat Damage) enchant.

I had forgotten to update from last season.
"
Stressman wrote:
It seems that our master "JN1K5" has given up the build.. ????
Probably suks.....

The build is awesome. Has been and will be... Many people have done uber elder and shaper at this point. and many of them posted here on the forums their success... The build is great... My luck this season??? I've leveled and played 2 characters this season and this one got to level 92... without a Shav's or even close to enough currency to buy one. Let alone link it. Being that the build was tested last season, with less DPS, Less leech, Less ES and Less everything. I have not given up... merely opted to scale a different build I hope to bring you in the near future.

If it sucked I would let you guys know and take the build down.
"
Killhard wrote:
hey guys need some advice i'm currently l 90 and die in maps mines and vs syndicate much to fast though i have decent gear ! can someoene look ath my build give me soem tips ty !

Unfortunately this build actually struggles a lot with Encounters where you are swarmed and have multiple bosses... Even in last season. Syndicate Encounters were it's bane... I would own T16 maps and shaper... Deathless... and be on top of the world... then a Syndicate would spawn and kill me in a t16... frustrating as shit... but this build needs space and to focuse fire your enemies in the cone of Ice Spear, with the second part of the projectiles... Effing Syndicate encounters make that hard. Best thing I can tell you is keep moving and don't get hit. Easier said than done I'm afraid. This was content I always did... but I'd say after playing a lot... was still dying ~15% of the time when Syndicate would bring in 3 or 4 masters with any levels on them at all.
"
Stressman wrote:
Great build. One of the best i made.
Thanks KnightKing :) Destroy everything.

PS. - Mandatory immunity to corrupted blood.

Great to hear man! Happy you went with it and I agree with the immunity to corrupted blood. Should have been in the guide i suppose.
Ok, I'm pretty much done now with my gearing (hitted a really lucky 45% Cold Res Exa Slam on Betrayals). Only things:
I can opt out for Elder Ring and Mark of the Shaper Ring.
Another Watcher's Eye with Clarity ES/ flat Cold Dam for min maxing (but I dont feel that it is much needed).
I need the Enchants on Helm and Boots (but I hate farming uber lab).
A +2 AOE Prism Guardian.

I really enjoy this build. Here is my "final" Gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by Borat187 on Apr 15, 2019, 8:20:17 PM
"
Borat187 wrote:
Ok, I'm pretty much done now with my gearing (hitted a really lucky 45% Cold Res Exa Slam on Betrayals). Only things:
I can opt out for Elder Ring and Mark of the Shaper Ring.
Another Watcher's Eye with Clarity ES/ flat Cold Dam for min maxing (but I dont feel that it is much needed).
I need the Enchants on Helm and Boots (but I hate farming uber lab).
A +2 AOE Prism Guardian.

I really enjoy this build. Here is my "final" Gear:
Spoiler

Your Eye isn't bad, it has the discipline ES on-hit affix which is the most important one with this build IMO. Other than that, yeah get Mark of the Shaper + Elder ring, then just buy a +1 Ice Spear Projectiles base & fossil craft it, shouldnt be too hard to hit the -9% ele rest roll with 300+ ES. You may also want to pick up a pair of Skyforths, with your survivability from the watchers eye you probably dont need spinerrets anymore. Skyforths will let you sub out Power Charge on Crit and run a higher DPS gem in your 6L instead. Other than that, we can talk skill tree but thats a bit more in-depth with the pro's / con's.
"
arelil wrote:

Your Eye isn't bad, it has the discipline ES on-hit affix which is the most important one with this build IMO. Other than that, yeah get Mark of the Shaper + Elder ring, then just buy a +1 Ice Spear Projectiles base & fossil craft it, shouldnt be too hard to hit the -9% ele rest roll with 300+ ES. You may also want to pick up a pair of Skyforths, with your survivability from the watchers eye you probably dont need spinerrets anymore. Skyforths will let you sub out Power Charge on Crit and run a higher DPS gem in your 6L instead. Other than that, we can talk skill tree but thats a bit more in-depth with the pro's / con's.

Yeah, went for more QoL then Damage. I feel like my damage is way more then enough (according to PoB 3.47 Mio burst damage on optimum conditions like 4 Stacks of Webs and all Flasks on). It can reach nearly 7 Million with perfect enchants and the rest mentioned.

At the moment I think to replace Controlled destruction with Energy Leech. My Crit will go up from 87% to 94%, DPS while Leeching is slightly higher (90k) where my Full ES DPS is lower. Hmmm maybe I prefer consistency over slightliy more DPS.

On Skyforth: I thought of them too, but as mentioned before do I really need the extra DPS in exchange of Ele Weakness Cap loss to lightning and - Chaos Res instead of a small +?
Hey man, really appreciate your guide here. But I tend to give up this build.

I'm not a hater. I like the idea to use winter orb to clear monsters close to you and focus on the bosses far away. And as you said, the dps is great. I have 6L Shav's, ice spear enchanted helmet. And I don't really die. My level is still low @ lvl 80. But I have no problem taking down bosses. Even with syndicates, I temporal chain them, dash away, and barrage them down. Not a problem.

The issue I have is speed. It takes time to charge up WO and start firing. It's specially difficult for synthesis mechanics because we are supposed to clear and run fast. With ice spear being my main source of dps, I just can't make the spear hit the batches fast enough. It doesn't scale with faster cast speed. When I turned around corners, I have to start channeling again. I started missing memories from T12, T13, because I can't channel fast enough. I had to rely on WO to clear the mobs but WO dps is low.

I might miss something here. I have played trapper, totemer and vortex. Maybe I'm spoiled by those builds. Let me know if you feel differently.
"
_WK_ wrote:

I'm not a hater. I like the idea to use winter orb to clear monsters close to you and focus on the bosses far away. And as you said, the dps is great. I have 6L Shav's, ice spear enchanted helmet. And I don't really die. My level is still low @ lvl 80. But I have no problem taking down bosses. Even with syndicates, I temporal chain them, dash away, and barrage them down. Not a problem.

The issue I have is speed. It takes time to charge up WO and start firing. It's specially difficult for synthesis mechanics because we are supposed to clear and run fast. With ice spear being my main source of dps, I just can't make the spear hit the batches fast enough. It doesn't scale with faster cast speed. When I turned around corners, I have to start channeling again. I started missing memories from T12, T13, because I can't channel fast enough. I had to rely on WO to clear the mobs but WO dps is low.

I might miss something here. I have played trapper, totemer and vortex. Maybe I'm spoiled by those builds. Let me know if you feel differently.

Get a quicksilver flask of adrenaline + socket in a phase run gem. Furthermore, If you boost your DPS enough you should be able to run through mobs with just WO. Also, your projectile weakness gem is wayyy too high level, meaning youre spending much more on dex than you need to. It scales quite well from quality %, I would focus on that over level. Same as your increased duration support, which is extremely minor in the grand scale. I would scale that back significantly as well, freeing up more affixes for other stats rather than having to focus on +str / +dex.
Last edited by arelil on Apr 16, 2019, 11:56:41 PM
"
arelil wrote:
"
_WK_ wrote:

Get a quicksilver flask of adrenaline + socket in a phase run gem. Furthermore, If you boost your DPS enough you should be able to run through mobs with just WO. Also, your projectile weakness gem is wayyy too high level, meaning youre spending much more on dex than you need to. It scales quite well from quality %, I would focus on that over level. Same as your increased duration support, which is extremely minor in the grand scale. I would scale that back significantly as well, freeing up more affixes for other stats rather than having to focus on +str / +dex.

I have high dex/str only because of my amulet. It has like +80dex/+50str. I planned to pick a different one once I git 20 quality. I don't think it changes dps that much. And I have quick silver. Keep in mind in mean clear speed. You can run without clearing. But you ended up surrounded by monsters. And yes, if I have high enough dps, I can clear with just WO. But then what's the point of CWC and Ice Spear? I can just have a WO build. Sure I can boost dps. But currently my investment is around 10ex, maybe slightly less. Sure I can invest more, but you know, every build is decent when you invest enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info