The future of RT

This nod is taken a lot by beggar 2h mace and axe users.
Lyco and the 2ex mod on craft favorise better 1h users.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Feb 13, 2019, 11:02:53 AM
I suppose they can up the base dmg of close range melee skills like heavy strike to make melee more viable too. Why should casters have more dmg and range as a bonus to it.
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
Question for GGG: why do ranged get bonuses like "far shot"

30% MORE proj damage the further away you shoot? WTF is this supposed to mean, something like : "fuck melee, in poe the further away the better"

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Feb 13, 2019, 5:55:54 PM
what about putting 3 small and 1 bigger node after resolute technique like these:

3 x resolute blow:
4% chance to deal double damage

1 x resolute master:
10% chance to deal double damage
5% chance to deal triple damage if you inflicted double damage in the past 4 seconds

So, for extra 4 nodes you get 22% more damage and conditional extra 10% more damage quite often with high enough attack speed.
"How come only evil forces were released?" - "Because there are no good forces."
"So, then. You don't believe that there is a God." - "There was a god."
"Well, then. Where is he now?" - "I killed him," said Kane.
adding double damage chance is just a band-aid until next power creep breakpoint
"
grepman wrote:
adding double damage chance is just a band-aid until next power creep breakpoint

Yes. Let's just leave it alone instead.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
grepman wrote:

might be true. but boosting it at least a bit somehow is perhaps better than leaving it as is.
"How come only evil forces were released?" - "Because there are no good forces."
"So, then. You don't believe that there is a God." - "There was a god."
"Well, then. Where is he now?" - "I killed him," said Kane.
My idea was always to give it just another bonus:

"Damage from your hits is lucky"

There!
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

Yes. Let's just leave it alone instead.

I did not say it's better to leave it alone - you did.

I just pointed out it's a bandaid that doesn't address the more global problem of what RT really is - foregoing any crit multi + on crit perks for getting 100% accuracy. And ironically enough, only builds that DO want super high accuracy are crit builds because of double roll accuracy on crits

Crit multi is only limited by sum of multipliers over items and jewels

double damage (and chance to do double damage) has an obvious cap and its a fairly hard one. So it needs to be quite high to even start scratching the surface.

Even for ele overload builds that do 40% more damage on crits, for RT to compete it has to be like 25-30% at double damage chance at least.

So, the issue is that theres not much room left. Soon enough even 100% chance to do double damage won't be enough.

RT as a concept (cant miss vs no crit) simply does not fit in today's game. Lack of accuracy is not an issue in today's game, and builds that want high accuracy want crit.

Even builds like guardian dom blow/summoner that DO take RT, do so only because its nearby and for QoL.

So if concept doesn't fit, it needs to be either reworked or removed. Adding high numbers on top of concept will sorta work until the numbers on the alternatives start going up. So you end up always increasing that chance on double damage, then what ? Go into triple damage territory ?

edit: also, chance for double damage is additive across all gear, which diminishes the value even more
Last edited by grepman on Feb 13, 2019, 6:53:23 PM
"
Scherge wrote:
My idea was always to give it just another bonus:

"Damage from your hits is lucky"

There!
this is better than chance at double damage, but it simply isnt enough.

unless you use heavy lightning damage, the range of your hits isnt nearly enough to offset going against crits or even ele overload

and honestly, I didnt do the numbers, but Im fairly confident that all-lightning damage 2 hander build will do more damage with EO than with RT even if all hits are lucky

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info