The future of RT

I've been playing an RT character this league. Enjoyed it a lot, and have done most content (besides the two major Uber's). While this character is fairly strong, my gear is probably worth around 15-20 ex. It made me think; is there ANY archetype I could've built for 15-20 ex, that would've been weaker than this?

I think it's time for an RT buff.

I realize that RT is supposed to be a budget choice. An "easy way out", so to speak. You remove the upper ceiling when it comes to scaling, but you get QoL in return, making your character more predictable and easier to gear. Fair enough, I guess. But is it worth it? At all?

But these days, crit and accuracy are VERY easy to get. Hell, accuracy haven't been a real problem for years, and there's even 2-3 ascendancies that makes you forget that accuracy is even a thing. These facts make RT an indirectly worse choice than it was a couple(??) years ago.

In addition to that, you have Elemental Overload. It is arguable stronger than RT in every way possible, and becomes yet another reason to not go RT. And for spells, EO is a MUCH greater buff than RT is for melee, if you choose to go non-crit.

My point? Well, has the game evolved past RT? Is it even worth buffing? Or should GGG just remove it? Or are they supposed to keep it, just as an example of a "not so good choice", giving you the chance to explore better choices, as part of the learning curve?

I say buff it. They can buff it quite substantially while still keeping it a budget choice, or as GGG prefers calling it: "A not so good choice, making other choices seem better". It used to be a fairly popular node. Please make it an OK choice again?

My tip? Add a small "chance to deal double damage" on it.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Feb 12, 2019, 3:49:14 AM
Last bumped on Feb 19, 2019, 9:38:26 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I feel a bit of grudge that gaem has become that way different (casual?) for RT to be a reasonable choice. I even remember FB witches taking it to avoid reflect oneshots.
yeah it can use a buff or three. problem with it is that its downside is really restrictive and its upside like youve mentioned is rather easily mitigated nowadays

Also ele overload exists... Only endgame builds that take rt are Dom blow summoners I think
Also 2H melee could use some buff. Or is there any Tier 1 2H build?
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
Last edited by Filousov on Feb 12, 2019, 5:05:42 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
Add a small "chance to deal double damage" on it.

+1

Also why in general discussion?
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Filousov wrote:
Also 2H melee could use some buff. Or is there any Tier 1 2H build?

Tier one 2H? Have to be CoC. Not strictly melee, though.

"
Head_Less wrote:

+1

Also why in general discussion?

Old habit. It'll be moved anyhow, I guess.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Feb 12, 2019, 6:32:25 AM
+1

Cool idea with the chance to deal double damage. Heavystrike 2H Mace RT build anyone? :D
::::::::▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄::::::::::::::
::::::▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌:::::::::::
:::: ▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█:::::::::
::  ▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌:::::::
::▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄:::::
Yeah the Juggernauth is the new RT now lmao

But you know history repeat itself, seem GGG can't even learn from it I mean

There was a time were crit was too easy to get they nerfed it and now we are back to what it was before even worse its easier with certain ascendencies.

There was time where Item quantity and Item rarity was everywhere, you were disavantaged if not running with them, they nerfed it, and then it went back to square 1 again with best build use bisco, vendor etc as much as before.

Those are the most obvious but I'm sure there is other example.

for me RT should be all about the defence, buffing its damage makes no sense becouse then its would be a nerfed crit build that dosent need to invest into accuracy

either that or remove ailments from crit and give RT a big chance to ignite/freeze/shock on hit, then we will have crit for raw damage builds and RT for ailments builds

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
caboom wrote:
for me RT should be all about the defence

While I see the point, you sacrifice so much offensive power (EO and crit) by taking the node nowadays, that if it should've had a defensive buff, it would need to be so huge that you could save a lot of defensive passive points, that you could put in offense instead.

I still feel that the idea behind RT is offensive. Even the wording. So i feel it suits the idea with a small chance of double damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info