The future of RT

RT node must be buffed so long ago... GGG just forgot about that node
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead
Block and Dodge penetration would fit nicely the theme of the Keystone and would make HoGM less painful.
Yes it wouldn't contribute much to the rest of the game therefore it's a buff that could be implanted right away without being concerned to break the game.
RT should be buffed with a physical only buff to help poor non ele conversion melee... something like giving a chance for enemies to take double dmg. and maybe a little bleed flavor so like sprinkle in "Bleed damage over time multiplier"
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1819779/page/4#p14113211

This was discussed a long time ago. I'm unsure why none of this was implemented or at least tried in internal testing.

edit: The entire sword/dagger thing may be less accurate now given double corruptions, but buffing RT was discussed at least in context of a crit vs noncrit basis. Could also slap a "Less elemental damage" modifier to prevent damage conversion madness.
Last edited by Tsokushin on Feb 15, 2019, 8:20:53 AM
To me

1. crit is too easy to scale
2. base dmg ins't that easy to scale
3. lack of good noncrit suffixes on weapons (Attack speed, .. ? )
4. non RT accuracy fixes (Lyco, Champ)
5. Ele Overload exists

I could probably continue, but it would be nitpicking.
It's hard to offer suggestions or fixes for something like RT. Give it more AoE? More base dmg? More Attack speed? Base double dmg chance (as it is an item affix)

RT alone used to be great, powercreep made it obsolete as the power scissors opened up and RT remained behind.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

I SUPPORT FLASK MACROS
3.13 was the golden age. Down the drain we go.
"
Marxone wrote:
Spoiler
To me

5. Ele Overload exists

It's hard to offer suggestions or fixes for something like RT. Give it more AoE? More base dmg? More Attack speed? Base double dmg chance (as it is an item affix)

RT alone used to be great, powercreep made it obsolete as the power scissors opened up and RT remained behind.

Well, as scaling regarding RT damage hits a wall so soon before EO and Crit, it could even force the maximum damage values of the weapon to be dealt ALWAYS, or on every x hit / having x % chance, that "penetrating blow" to be dealt to the enemy - and it wouldn't even feel overpowering due to the current power creep...

Some bone thrown towards ONLY the RT users, that locks the "Hits can't be evaded" users with their other EO or Crit as scaling options...

It would be even so simple to add as a tag that epic "Your hits always deal the maximum weapon damage.", as a "fix"... And it would already be a meaningful change that goes perfectly in line with "Consistency trumping Potential"...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Feb 15, 2019, 1:42:58 PM
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
"
Marxone wrote:
Spoiler
To me

5. Ele Overload exists

Well, as scaling regarding RT damage hits a wall so soon before EO and Crit, it could even force the maximum damage values of the weapon to be dealt ALWAYS, or on every x hit / having x % chance, that "penetrating blow" to be dealt to the enemy - and it wouldn't even feel overpowering due to the current power creep...

Some bone thrown towards ONLY the RT users, that locks the "Hits can't be evaded" users with their other EO or Crit as scaling options...

It would be even so simple to add as a tag that epic "Your hits always deal the maximum weapon damage.", as a "fix"... And it would already be a meaningful change that goes perfectly in line with "Consistency trumping Potential"...

Max weapon damage would actually be pretty good, but without something to tie it to pure physical damage, it'd just be abused by elemental conversion.

Would be nice if RT became the go-to node for pure Phys/Bleed builds.
"
Tsokushin wrote:

I agree.

It's just out of control. Even the "Steel" skills, made to work best with physical damage, are better off converted.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Tsokushin wrote:
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
"
Marxone wrote:
Spoiler
To me

5. Ele Overload exists

Max weapon damage would actually be pretty good, but without something to tie it to pure physical damage, it'd just be abused by elemental conversion.

max weapon damage isnt as impactful as you think. most phys weapons have very low deviation of range

and again, the most you ever get out of it is double the damage of 'regular' average damage (for that to happen, your low range has to be 0, which is impossible). so flat lightning damage will be the way to go

the smaller the range between min and max is, the less damage you would do from such a feature. if your weapon deals 300-350, it adds 25 flat damage to base. hardly anything significant that helps RT out of the hole.

on other hand, if your weapon deals 15-250 damage, it adds close to 120 flat damage
Meh, even on full pen ele conversion RT with max weapon damage wouldn't be better than EO...

They could also add a few nodes after RT, where:

1 such node would add a % chance of double damage for phys, and some bleed bonus, like enemies with bleed get impaled

1 node would add a x % reduced damage taken, if you hit an enemy in a <16 radius with a melee attack, and a y % reduced damage taken, if you're from an enemy in a <16 radius while using a melee attack

and slap last node with player melee attack damage converted to chaos, enemy chaos resistance is always 13%, zz% LESS damage (at least 66%, at most 99%, but a static value), so we can finally have a "few" options regarding MELEE attacks with chaos damage

All of these forfeit a juicy % more multi and Crit, so they should be easier to scale...

PS: The maximum weapon damage would still apply, even though it would encourage the use of weapons with higher variation between min - max, it would also make players concerned ONLY about having the highest flat value for max damage on their weapon (which would be a new direction, not explored yet). It should also lock phys conversion to at most one element, the one used by the active skill - so a 100% cold skill wouldn't get any bonus from a further phys to lightning, lightning to cold conv, except if power creep for everything else mandates that...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Feb 15, 2019, 4:27:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info