The future of RT

Maybe 50-60% more melee physical damage and permanent fortify to RT node or new node behind RT?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
not sure why everyone wants to give RT a damage buff, tring to put RT in the same level as crit in terms of damage or clear speed will either end with lower damage than crit and remain a crappy node or above it in wich case it will be an overpowered node

it realy needs to be an utily node that trades crit for something else like

-remove elemental ailments from crit and give RT 40% to ignite/freeze/shock on hit

-cant crit, takes no extra damage from crits, gain resolution buff for 4 secs when taking a crit
"resolution buff": gain 1% increased damage for every "x" damage taken during the buff, 1.5% life regen per sec

1% reduced damage taken every 100 dex, % of remaining mana (not reserved or used) is added as chaos damage to melee attacks

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
caboom wrote:
not sure why everyone wants to give RT a damage buff, tring to put RT in the same level as crit in terms of damage or clear speed will either end with lower damage than crit and remain a crappy node or above it in wich case it will be an overpowered node

-remove elemental ailments from crit and give RT 40% to ignite/freeze/shock on hit

-cant crit, takes no extra damage from crits, gain resolution buff for 4 secs when taking a crit
"resolution buff": gain 1% increased damage for every "x" damage taken during the buff, 1.5% life regen per sec

1% reduced damage taken every 100 dex, % of remaining mana (not reserved or used) is added as chaos damage to melee attacks

Ignite? Freeze? Shock? DEX!!?

I think we're on two different planets when it comes to RT :) Which, of course, is OK.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
caboom wrote:

Ignite? Freeze? Shock? DEX!!?

I think we're on two different planets when it comes to RT :) Which, of course, is OK.

with a bit of imagination and poe magic everything is posible, it makes as much sense as a bodybuilding mage (iron will build) XD.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Resolute technique

"hits can't be evaded, never deal critical hit"

behind RT a split path

Master of steel

"gain 10% more physical damage per 2000 armor, -10 to max block chance"

Master of wind

"gain 5% more attack speed per 2000 evasion, gain 5% increased attack speed per 2000 evasion, -10% max dodge chance"

Master of energy

"gain 5% elemental penetration per 1000 energy shield, 20% less energy shield after elemental penetration calculation"

Can only allocate one of these passives at one time.

Alternatively you can focus purely on it being centered in the str area and go with something like.

Strong arm

"per 100% increased damage gain 8% life"

Strong will

"per 25% life gain 5% more damage"

Can only allocate one of these passives at a time.

Or allocating RT in the passive tree could provide one free branch point which would reduce the skill point requirement in total and lock the options to 1 by default.(reducing text bloat)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
caboom wrote:
with a bit of imagination and poe magic everything is posible, it makes as much sense as a bodybuilding mage (iron will build) XD.

Sure. I just see EO as the "elemental" version, crit as the "all-round" version and RT as a different version. Focusing RT on what EO focuses on (elemental) seems wrong in my head. There are a lot of fine ideas in this thread, though those idea focusing on more nodes behind RT, giving defsensive/offensive power - only available to RT users, seems nice.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Add this to RT or a node behind RT:
Mitigation from armour is applied before extra elemental damage calculation.

What it means is that when you have a monsters deal x% extra Damage as Elemental map mod, elemental damage calculation is based on mitigated physical damage. The more armour you have the better elemental mitigation will be at the cost of not dealing critical strikes.
"How come only evil forces were released?" - "Because there are no good forces."
"So, then. You don't believe that there is a God." - "There was a god."
"Well, then. Where is he now?" - "I killed him," said Kane.
It seems we have yet another league that completely neglects melee. Fun.
ive already explained why max damage wont do anything to 'bridge the gap'

the deviation of physical min and max on weapons is too small. you are barely gaining anything.

"but its something"

yes, its something. a raise of 100 dollars on a 100k salary *shrug* ok
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
not at all, that is faulty logic.
I think when a game presents choices, one of them cant be magnitudes of order worse than other alternatives, it ceases being a choice

The game is FULL of "choices" like this. It doesn't cease being a choice, just because it's a bad choice in late endgame.

again, choices that are magnitudes of order better than other choices cease being choices.

if you disagree, then by your logic playing with 2k hp in the endgame is also a choice. do you think we should be able to play with 2k hp ?

if not, then you should finally get the point about false

"

I've already told you I'm playing RT this league, and I've done almost everything. But I wasn't talking about me. Nor you.

then who are we talking about ? some players who want to beat everything with instant gratification and no farming ? who gives a shit about them ?

"

And that's what we're discussing here; changing the keystone, not the whole game.

where did I say anything about changing the whole game ? I literally said the keystone needs to be changed or removed

"
There are TONS of ways to make RT relevant and stronger, while still keeping the "always hit". It's just about thinking outside the box.

its absolutely hilarious that you equate outside the box to damage buffs aka the laziest and most basic 'fix' you can do in an arpg and poe in particular

those constant damage buffs to /EVERYTHING made poe a casualshitfest stroll in a park

"

And it's certainly not about stubbornness. I just think that they designed RT with a gap in mind. As a budget options.

"

Sure I can, and I've already told you. Several times. Hell, I even touched upon it in the OP.

RT was not relevant because it was a budget option. wrong AGAIN. you simply couldnt get enough crit in poe's inception, accuracy was scarce and reflect FUCKED YOU

melee builds worth tons of exalts didnt run crit in 2013 but RT, and not because they were on a budget. jesus. many crit nodes did not exist.

"

That's why I'm all about making the gap smaller, not make it disappear.

no one said making it disappear. you dont get that the next iteration of the game will widen this gap back up if you simply add some damage numbers. Im done arguing with you because you cannot foresee this somehow.
you truly believe raising damage on RT will bridge the gap when in reality crit builds will run away from RT even further

"

So what can we do to make those 100% non-crit hits a better choice? Make those hits stronger, and apply something crits can't.

apply something that crits cant = good as long as its not pure damage
make those hits stronger via damage = not good

the point here is that people wont ever take RT because of cant miss, but rather those damage bonuses so you might as well get rid of always hit. when the main tradeoff ceases being a thing, whats the point of it being in the game ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info