[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

"
ZontableZz wrote:
First of all thx for the great guide, having lots of fun with it.

But here is my question, you mention getting +1/+2 frenzy on gear but where do you generate frenzy charges? i could not find the part of your gear/skills where you can generate the.

ty

The new Synthesized implicit is Minimum Frenzy Charges, not Maximum. This mod works as the same way the veiled crafted mod you can have on ring or amulet in Betrayal. +2 to Minimum Frenzy Charges means that you will have at least 2 Frenzy Charges in any situation, even without any generation. Although these permanent charges cannot be spend either so if you want to use some mechanics that rely on spending charges, this mod can be detrimental. Fortunately it's not the case in this build, simply benefits you permanent 8% more damage and 8% attack/cast speed.

To craft the implicit on a shield, you need 3 fractured shields with "32% reduced Attribute Requirements (of the Apt)" suffix. Ideally "of the Apt" being fractured mod so
you can scour regal annul to make one mod rares then it'll be 100% chosen in the synthesizing process. And finally, Minimum Frenzy Charges implicit is in the same group with Minimum Endurance/Power Charges. You can do nothing about it other than pray for RNG, 33% chance to hit either Frenzy, Endurance or Power.

Synthesizer mechanics I learned are from a reddit thread
Last edited by rootbef on Mar 12, 2019, 6:28:37 PM
Outstanding build and perfect detailed explanation for how the build works and how to level from scratch.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do it. Also, was not expecting that your stream will be extremely informative about trading as well.

10/10 all the best.
I have three phones, Blizzard. Three f***ing phones.
"
rootbef wrote:
"
ZontableZz wrote:
First of all thx for the great guide, having lots of fun with it.

But here is my question, you mention getting +1/+2 frenzy on gear but where do you generate frenzy charges? i could not find the part of your gear/skills where you can generate the.

ty

The new Synthesized implicit is Minimum Frenzy Charges, not Maximum. This mod works as the same way the veiled crafted mod you can have on ring or amulet in Betrayal. +2 to Minimum Frenzy Charges means that you will have at least 2 Frenzy Charges in any situation, even without any generation. Although these permanent charges cannot be spend either so if you want to use some mechanics that rely on spending charges, this mod can be detrimental. Fortunately it's not the case in this build, simply benefits you permanent 8% more damage and 8% attack/cast speed.

To craft the implicit on a shield, you need 3 fractured shields with "32% reduced Attribute Requirements (of the Apt)" suffix. Ideally "of the Apt" being fractured mod so
you can scour regal annul to make one mod rares then it'll be 100% chosen in the synthesizing process. And finally, Minimum Frenzy Charges implicit is in the same group with Minimum Endurance/Power Charges. You can do nothing about it other than pray for RNG, 33% chance to hit either Frenzy, Endurance or Power.

Synthesizer mechanics I learned are from a reddit thread

Thank you so much! I did totally ignore the fact that it's "minimum" and not "maximum".

One other thing I'm not understandig why the attack speed on weapons/jewels? I thought spells were not affected by attack speed. Or is it just pure QoL for whirling blades to be faster?

ty so much
Hey there, first of all - nice build, thank you for it. Im using it as a league starter. As i am filthy casual i have just now reached the maps. I have been thinking one thing - since you need about 40K lightning hit to shock shaper (not to mention uber elder) and brand does nowhere near that kind of dmg, why not go for elemental focus support instead of controlled destruction?
It prevents loosing the crit and overall increases damage - according to POB at least :)
And for clearing trash we dont need shock anyway - unless we go with inpulsa for booms.
Thoughts on this please?
"
cofiq wrote:
"
TheShayaan wrote:
H. The only things I did different was not get MoM because It made me die from not being able to attack and also not having that much mana from wrath.

Got same issues . What did you go for insed MoM?? Any sugetions??

Great if somewhat expensive solution to any and all mana issues is wathers eye with:
#% of lightning damage leeched as mana while affected by wrath.

Roll doesnt really matter, as even 0.1% would be more than enough with the dmg zou are dealing :)
Great guide, I love the level of detail!
Sick build, shame I suck at the game and keep dying!
Heeeya thi3n ! im just here cuz this guy got a great stream :D i will see you guys in there ! peace.
Thanks for all of the love in the comments I will try to respond to everyone here.

Just to give you guys an update - I was able to kill Uber Elder on Day 3 of the league with this build. For the next 60 days twitch.tv keeps my videos and since I play 100% on stream you can see my progress from being a washed up exile on shore to downing Uber Elder. Be warned! It's a ton of content and buying maps and quite the grind!!

"
Sorry can you summarize this s.v.p., I am about to use your build but now your saying the whole support gem Hypothermia is wrong, or?
Updated the "Questions I've Answered" section to clarify why Inquisitors should not be using Hypo.

"
For Ascendancy, why do we choose Instruments of Virtue and Augury of Penitence instead of the two consecrated ground nodes?

Never played Inquisitor before, so I'm curious about the pros and cons of either duo option.

(SSF Softcore)
I think the other Ascendancy points are more important. I do encourage people to try out things they think would make the build better because that's how improvements are found/made! Best of luck if you try that version and let me know how it goes!

"
Hi,

In our pob i can see you have brand recall lvl 7 and arcane surge lvl 7 at the end tree is this correct ? Why does it happen ?
Brand Recall can be corrupted into level 7. Arcane Surge is tied to the mana cost of the ability in your bar. I want the Arcane Surge buff with one cast of Brand Recall.

"
Thing i might go with zealotry over wrath, wrath is 19% more lightning damage at lvl 20, zealotry is 15% more but also gives 39% crit chance and can create conc ground giving 100% increased crit chance, opinions on this?
I leveled with zealotry this league actually until my crit chance was around 60% at which point I dropped it for wrath.

"
On rear occasions i log-in to leave a comment.

Great job, mate! Keep it up!

"
Vert nice thorough build guide.

"
Outstanding build and perfect detailed explanation for how the build works and how to level from scratch.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do it. Also, was not expecting that your stream will be extremely informative about trading as well.

10/10 all the best.

"
Great guide, I love the level of detail!

<3

"
About Warlords Mark-
I will make it more clear that I value the leech that this curse gives. It's worth noting that having it high level does not matter when it comes to the leech! So a setup I really like is CWDT - Immortal Call - Warlords Mark

"
In the act 2 leveling section you say

"If you have the Extra Orbs of Alteration - start leveling Controlled Destruction, Concentrated Effect, Elemental Focus"

when is the elemental focus gem used? I don't see it mentioned in the guide anywhere after this point.
I will remove this from the guide to prevent confusion. I think this was originally going to be a part of the guide where I wanted to encourage players to level gems in their offhand and give them options to link into their Storm Brand to change things up and see how it "feels" with different supports but I think it's best if players just follow the leveling guide exactly.

"
Is the reason we use controlled destruction over ele focus because we do shock things? Also i see ele focus and conc effect in the guide but not in the gems, what are they for, boss swap ins or something?

Also why does lightning spire trap use increase area if its just for boss dps wouldn't you want cocn for more damage or is the area on the skill so bad you need inc aoe?
You can't do damage if you don't hit them! If the boss is stationary then yes conc is better. In most fights (Izaro esp) I find the increased area helps get coverage with the trap and does lots of damage. Now if you're a targeting god then sure roll with conc. You should know by now that I love to encourage players to try their own versions of the build to make things work for them.

"
Can you update the POB as there is some changes at the right side of tree after POB update at 'Coldhearted Calculation'. POB only shows up to required level: 77. Thanks
Updated.

"
Thanks for the amazing guide, thi3n. I love watching your stream and your absolutely pro level potato mechanics. This the second time I'm rolling an old man build of yours; ran GC tots back in Bestiary. Running SSF this time, and this seems like a dream build, easy to gear for and powerful even with junk! Thanks again for all the hard work you put into the community as a content-maker. Good luck in 3.6, exile.
Yeah I mention this on stream but I do not have god-tier mechanics so any time I am killing Uber Elder deathless you know it's a testament to how strong the build is.

"
Thinking of going CI after I get 3-4k+ ES, should I replace 1 of the gems in the 6 link with Energy leech?
I have not entertained Low-Life or CI versions of the build but let me know how that goes!

"
I feel like this build is outdated? The PoB is not up to date with pathing and the skills gems in this topic do not correspond with the gems in Pob
Added a "Why is my PoB different" to the Questions I've Answered section of the guide.

"
Dont understand from where u get frenzy charges

"

"
Wouldn't using Kaom's Roots be counterproductive to pathing down to Phase Acrobatics on the tree?

"
"Unwavering Stance sets chance to avoid being stunned to 100% and sets evasion chance to 0%. It does not affect dodge chance."

Above two examples of the community helping each other with questions - great job!

"
Any idea how to improve my damage? I feel so weak
In general - more links means more damage. In general - more life and mana means more tankiness. That's my advice when people need damage or survivability. This guide doesn't have too many complicated mechanics when it comes to damage or survivability.

"
To thi3n or anyone else, i think the dual-wield circle in templar is for sure worth grabing. Either half the circle on the right for 4 points, or even the full circle for 6. I'm curious what would be a good chunk of 4 or 6 points (plus two travel nodes) to omit in order to skill here?

Thanks!
I have a really greedy (travel heavy) tree where I pick up Runebinder on one side and Phase Acro on the other. I really value these Keystones but makes my passive points pretty stretched. In a race scenario I think Dark Arts is actually insane for leveling quickly.

"
About Ele Focus-
Personally use Herald of Ice to shatter corpses so I stay away from Ele Focus but this is a great choice for bossing!

Last edited by thi3n on Mar 13, 2019, 12:50:01 PM
Just my .02 leveling with this as my league start. I couldn't find a good fireball build which I wanted to start with so it was maybe divine ire totems and this fell with almost the same tree. I like that later I can reallocate some points and be set if I wanted (thought I like the brands so far).

- Dark Arts is a great wheel for my dual wands and flame dash.

- Switched my ascendancy to take Pious Path. Immunity to elemental ailments is huge at least for me. CG proc's on the delay between each flame dash so up time is almost 100%

- Caucus Jack saved this build for me. Wasn't so much the damage improvement but the area. The brands move from pack to pack easily now were before it was a lot more casting.

Thanks to Thi3n, I played your Elemental Hit build and it may still be my favorite - you do good work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info