[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

Thanks for the nice build including the leveling guide. I have a question and a few minor remarks:

The question:

"
What might not be natural is weaving in "attacks" every so often to get the benefit of instruments.

Could you expand on what you mean with "weaving"? And you do mean actual attacks, like shield charge, right?

Now to the remarks:

For Act 2:

"
the +1 Lightning weapon

The +1 Lightning gem level vendor recipe is no more, but this is the only (last?) mention of that.

For Act 3:

"
At that point also drop your wand or scepter setup for a shield/dagger for Shield Charge or dagger/dagger for Whirling Blades. In Act 2 you can purchase Faster Attacks.

It's possible to use a wand/shield setup for Shield Charge. This wasn't always the case (changed around 3.6 iirc). So you can keep one of the wands you were using before.

"
Head out of the sewers and hug the sides to enter to Crematorium. Make sure you do your Trial of Ascendancy here. Kill Piety and head back to town.

That's the slums you were referring to, right?

"
eduardlaser7 wrote:
Hi everybody,

im currently in Act 4 and the build and playstyle are very smooth for me. Great guide btw!
Can someone explain me why we use "increased critical strikes support" and "controlled destruction support" together? It seems contraproductiv to me or am i missing something?

greetings and happy metamorph league

As far as I understand it:

Both of these instances modify the increased critical strike chance. So -100% from controlled destruction and, say, +60% from increased critical strikes add up to a mere -40%. On top of this, if I read the act 10 tree correctly. we have +300% critical strike chance from the tree. In a way, we can mitigate the downside of controlled destruction.

There might be builds where the reduction in crit chance is (relatively) very high and the extra flat damage does not outweigh it, but apparently, this is not one of these.

You can also check on your tooltip if controlled destruction actually adds dps.
Whats a good tooltip DPS for this build? I have 7k with this gear
I'm at tier 3-4 maps and it takes forever to clean a map, single dps its not amazing either. what to do to increase dps?

I am a warrior. I was born to fight and death is my brother. I do not fear him. I see him in the eyes of the men and beasts that I kill. I feel him traveling beside me to this new land, this Wraeclast. He will take me to meet the ancestors when I am ready, and I am not ready.
I am kind of having the same issue with this build. Everything was SUPER great until Yellow Maps.

I do not know if it is because Bosses are harder and it just feels a bit worse... but the single target was only.... meh. I am trying to find ways to squeeze more damage, but I am thinking it is a gear problem right now and just need more Multi or better mods converting elemental damage as EXTRA Chaos or something.

Do we shock often? i just got these gloves and consider using them... i dont have problem with res so its just small life boost and maybe DPS increase

Guide's working great for me so far. Been using Lightning Spire Trap and vaal RF to supplement my damage and most Metamorphs/bosses up to red tier are deleted during vaal RF's duration. Chain felt great for clear up until about red tier maps where I needed to switch to added cold for damage and safety (chill/freeze mobs).

Not sure why the guide recommends an instant mana flask. The build isn't mana hungry so the persistent effect of the enduring mod allows for enough mana to cast even after mana gets bottomed out. The only time when casts fail is the split second after a big hit, which I would not be able to react to pot anyway. That split second is the only reason I still have blood magic as a link to whirling blades.

Lots of the top-end stuff like awakened added lightning seems heavily contested by arc players (8ex).
Last edited by Aerobus on Dec 18, 2019, 1:13:50 AM
I could use some help. My wife is a beginner and has mostly been playing totem builds. I figured this is enough like a totem build and is "beginner friendly" so I encourage her to try it.

She likes the skill, but she's sucking down potions and dying a lot. She asked me why her life doesn't come back after she gets hit, and I can't figure out how to fix it. As far as I can see there's very little life regen or leech. I don't see a lot of complaints about this in the comments, so I assume I'm missing something. I see that Warlord's Mark was changed in 3.6 so it only works with attacks. How are you guys recovering your life when you take damage?

Thanks.
"
Freeven wrote:
How are you guys recovering your life when you take damage?

Thanks.

Just starting the build so I don't know if it holds up in the endgame, but you could try a berek's grip, Doryani's Invitation lightning version, or incursion amulet with lightning leech
making sure your atziri's promise is up also gives some leech
"
Freeven wrote:
I could use some help. My wife is a beginner and has mostly been playing totem builds. I figured this is enough like a totem build and is "beginner friendly" so I encourage her to try it.

She likes the skill, but she's sucking down potions and dying a lot. She asked me why her life doesn't come back after she gets hit, and I can't figure out how to fix it. As far as I can see there's very little life regen or leech. I don't see a lot of complaints about this in the comments, so I assume I'm missing something. I see that Warlord's Mark was changed in 3.6 so it only works with attacks. How are you guys recovering your life when you take damage?

Thanks.

There are very cheap amulets with leech on them, this is an example of it:

Here is a search to buy one:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Metamorph/kMY6J5c5

Should only cost 1 alchemy - 1 chaos. You can add elemental resistances to the search yourself, too

"
Mikizzek wrote:

Do we shock often? i just got these gloves and consider using them... i dont have problem with res so its just small life boost and maybe DPS increase

Yep, that's a dmg increase. But maybe not against shaper and uelder, since they now have something like 90 million life? So now you need ONE HIT of at least 180'000 dmg to shock him for the minimum.
Last edited by Bastrd on Dec 18, 2019, 4:19:02 AM
Nevermind, Reading fail
Last edited by qsaaiman on Dec 18, 2019, 9:15:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info