[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

sup guys? I'm thinking about using this build as a league starter for blight. I never really played any brand skill only for fast leveling my caster characters. But I heard it's very good even for endgame.

I want a reliable build as a starter which can progress through the atlas and kill uber elder with no problem. I think I don't want to play summoner right at the beginning because I wanna see how it develops and then pick my desired zombie/golem build.

Last league I startet with ED contagion and could handle all content fine. After a while I played vaal stomcall and tornado shot which are ver cool builds but I want something to kill bosses at the start and a fast mapper as my second character.

what do you guys think? anyone starting with stormbrand too? we have now runedaggers and maybe need eldritch battery or something as a mana source?
Righteous Providence reads "increased Critical Strike chance against enemies not affected by an elemental ailment"

does that mean that u get the crit chance if enemies are not affected by elemental ailments (ignite, shock, freeze), or only if u have posion/chaos dot on them?
"
randagast wrote:
Righteous Providence reads "increased Critical Strike chance against enemies not affected by an elemental ailment"

does that mean that u get the crit chance if enemies are not affected by elemental ailments (ignite, shock, freeze), or only if u have posion/chaos dot on them?

It means that your first hit on an enemy will have 100% increased crit chance because there is no ailment on them. When you crit you inflict an ailment and now you have 45% crit multi when you hit that enemy again. When the ailment (ignite, shock..) runs out you have the 100% crit chance on that enemy again.

I'm near red maps atm and the build runs realy smooth. Bought an essence worm very early and now just need more life and damage.
"
Trapt_oO wrote:

I'm near red maps atm and the build runs realy smooth. Bought an essence worm very early and now just need more life and damage.

I'm mid yellow and it's not bad, though I'm still getting the hang of the play style and die if I get in the middle of mobs.

I noticed you're using withering step over whirling blades. How do you like it?
"
melink14 wrote:
I noticed you're using withering step over whirling blades. How do you like it?

I'm using whirling blades with fortify, faster attacks as my main movement skill. I use flame dash when I have to cross gaps and whitering step instead of phase run to .. run faster when I don't attack. :D

Most of the time I engage the mob pack with whirling blades then immediatly use brand recall and whitering step to run through them. When you hit enemies mith whirling blades you get fortify and the cast speed buff from our ascendancy.

Atm I don't know if I should use Inpulsa or Loreweave? Inpulsa should have the better map clear and Loreweave is better for uber elder I guess.
Last edited by Trapt_oO on Sep 9, 2019, 1:24:17 PM
"
Trapt_oO wrote:

I'm using whirling blades with fortify, faster attacks as my main movement skill. I use flame dash when I have to cross gaps and whitering step instead of phase run to .. run faster when I don't attack. :D

Most of the time I engage the mob pack with whirling blades then immediatly use brand recall and whitering step to run through them. When you hit enemies mith whirling blades you get fortify and the cast speed buff from our ascendancy.

Atm I don't know if I should use Inpulsa or Loreweave? Inpulsa should have the better map clear and Loreweave is better for uber elder I guess.

Haha, I have the same whirling blades setup but for some reason missed it when looking at your profile. I'm not using any sockets on my other sword so I'll try your wither step setup.

Does it actually proc onslaught often?

I wasn't considering inpulsa (thought I know it's popular on the old elementalist builds) but it does seem like it could be a good choice.
Very nice build for leaguestarting indeed.

I've annointed Battle Rouse into my amulet (8% of damage taken gained as mana, so it's p much 70% of dmg goes to life and 22% goes to mana), and it really fixed my mana problems with little investment (3c for the oils I think, I dropped them)
It's very hard to clear blight events on map. How you guys do it?
"
Weltfremd wrote:
It's very hard to clear blight events on map. How you guys do it?

same.

feels like proximity shields prevent stormbrand from doing dmg as long as u are not inside them or?
Last edited by AisaHimegami on Sep 13, 2019, 4:11:08 PM
So far I have no trouble clearing blights.
Have yet to run my first blightened map, so can't talk about those.

I'm running a build with holy flame totem and lightning spire trap.
So I can place the totem wherever I need to delay a lane and drop the LST if I need to AoE somewhere else. Brands usually deal with the rest.
Miniontowers so far assist me often, so lanes bunch up and can get branded pretty well.

So far I only failed blights with me noobing the placement of the towers, due to annoying design or beeing brain-afk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info