[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

"
qwerty_342 wrote:
Hello. I have been playing Your build since the start of the league but after a while I found that relying on Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics is kinda dissapointing. I have made few changes. I Made a triple hybrid of Life, Energy Shield and Mana (MoM). I can easily clear Uber Elder (swaping boots for Kaom's), Shaper, T16 guardians etc. Feel free to give me Your thoughts about changes I made. Thanks !:)

Did you try EB with that set up? You’re so close to it on the tree.
Did you try EB with that set up? You’re so close to it on the tree.
I never tried EB before, I dont know what diffrence would it make to my build right now honestly. If You could explain this to me I will be gratefull.
So to settle any questions on storm brand viability 3.7. I killed Uber Elder with a 5L Loreweave....( I've spent 3.5 ex on fusings to get 6L and just have been really unlucky in that regard.) So far delving and mapping are going great. I'll probably farm T16, or Shaper I'm not really sure yet. Since the changes to immortal call and warlords mark I've been running a single 4L setup CWDT, Lightning Golem, Steelskin, Enfeeble. Still get one-shoted sometimes cuz I've only got 4.3k life but that's more specific to my gear and all, haven't switch to Kaom's roots yet which would instantly bring me up to 4.7k. I also have been liking the flexibility of the build, you can choose lots of different gear, helmets, amulets, boots, shield/no shield... This build's a winner.
I used this build on my last toon, got end of act 5 HC and died. I didn't feel like I had enough single target DPS. Can you suggest a solution? Used to play POE about 4years ago (Vaal release) so basically it's a new game to me now
"
DyirX wrote:
I used this build on my last toon, got end of act 5 HC and died. I didn't feel like I had enough single target DPS. Can you suggest a solution? Used to play POE about 4years ago (Vaal release) so basically it's a new game to me now

were you using lightning spire? It really boosts single target DPS.

what did you die to? especially before you finalize a build, (and even a lot of builds remain squishy) it's easy to get one-shot by specific things.

How often were you critting? This build is based around critical strikes. If you're not critting enough, take elemental overload and learn how to play around that.

It's hard to suggest a solution without an actual issue to correct. "I don't feel like I'm doing enough damage" isn't enough information.
Last edited by venomizer88 on Jul 21, 2019, 6:08:57 PM

Here is where I am currently in terms of progress, I just have to take a few more levels and buy my gems in 21/23 and I will be satisfied. I just have one question, what is the best 6 links for Storm brand in terms of dps, I saw that in the gems category and gear category, the links are not the same.

By the way, thank you Thi3n for this cool build !
So I decided to try this build last season. My hope was to kill Shaper for the first time - that was easy. Went on to try and kill Uber Elder, which was tricky since I didn't know the fight but I succeeded after a while.

This season, I thought the nerf to Warlords mark would be a problem. Turns out it wasn't. Just swapped Choir of Storms for a temple amulet with lightning dmg leeched as life and threw on the life/mana leech enchant on my Kaom's. Killing Uber Elder deathless over and over again, swimming in cash.

I am, however, not going hypothermia but focusing on lightning/shock. That 4-link LST that is mentioned might be good but I find it redundant. Pretty much onetap all the guardians and Shaper anyway. Thanks for you contribution, man! I thoroughly enjoy the playstyle.
Is really necessary the key stone passive skill "Acrobatics"? reduce your armor and shield drastically, thats worry me
I'm trying this out on SSF and it is going well. Thanks for the guide.
"
Is really necessary the key stone passive skill "Acrobatics"? reduce your armor and shield drastically, thats worry me

No I don't find it necessary but its solely because I think its too far for thi3n's tree. The ES and armour reductions aren't significant because this is a life and evasion based build.

If you don't plan on taking acro, you can spec into alchemist, dmg nodes, or the life cluster (purity of flesh) near runebinder.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info