Trade Etiquette: Seller or buyer sends trade request first?

Why in the fuck does it matter?

If the buyer "opens trade" all it does is put another more easily accesible button for the seller to click rather than right click > trading, it's not like they have to click ok until they are ready or anything.

The only time I wouldn't open trade as a buyer is if there are multiple people in the instance, which could mean the seller has multiple trades occuring at once. Besides that, I always open trade when I get there as buyer, or when I'm ready to trade as seller.

"
SunL4D2 wrote:

I don't mind when I am buyer, but when I am seller:

1. I want buyer to never trade me first **when** I got out of map, because most often than not I want to dump stuff into stash first,

Why would that matter? Someone initiating trade with you doesn't stop you from dumping into a stash tab, or doing anything else. It's an unassuming OK button that can be used when you're ready.

Provided they aren't verbaling you or acting impatiently, simply initiating trade has no effect on the buyer at all.
Last edited by Pathological on May 13, 2019, 1:33:13 AM
I as the buyer almost always more often than not sends the request. I'm here for my items hand them over!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info