Melee needs Tuning - ASAP, Like Yesterday

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
lolwut?

no, you keep telling me that a KB gladiator will be just as tanky and good as a melee gladiator.

this isn't the same statement. at all.

also, you completely evaded that claim/thread. it's as if there's a pattern.

Nononoonono, not "as tanky and good", just flat out better. Please do not ever misunderstand me as claiming a melee build would be as good as kb, even a gimped kb will vastly out pace melee.

Sure the melee glad will have slightly more survivability with some lgoh, but then again kb kills everything instantly from a screen away so who cares? It won't be taking any damage to begin with.

and like before, bullshit hath been called.

and like before, you won't back this up with anything to support it.

there's a reason why one of us makes it past level 90 and the other can't and buys lab carries.

hint: one of us understands the mechanics and the other just makes a lot of accusations
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Feb 6, 2019, 1:40:24 PM
"
robmafia wrote:

and like before, bullshit hath been called.

and like before, you won't back this up with anything to support it.

there's a reason why one of us makes it past level 90 and the other can't and buys lab carries.

hint: one of us understands the mechanics and the other just makes a lot of accusations

Yeah well, I'm calling bullshit on your bullshit, and you've yourself not backed up your claim with even a shred of logic, let alone any actual evidence. Your entire post is filled with lies from top to bottom, and the only things that AREN'T outright lies are simply baseless claims. Beyond baseless and into senseless territory... calling bullshit on KB clearing faster than glacial hammer, what-the-actual-fuck.jpg

Did I miss anything? Or?
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 6, 2019, 5:55:24 PM
aaaaaand back to strawman.

aaaaaand backpedaled from tankiness to clearing.

aaaaaaaaaand backpedaled all the way to glacial hammer.

yeah, i definitely never made any posts about gladiators. in delve. with proof. nope. never happened. leg said so, and he's not a liar! right?

oh, wrong.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

"
robmafia wrote:

yeah, i definitely never made any posts about gladiators. in delve. with proof. nope. never happened. leg said so, and he's not a liar! right?

oh, wrong.

You seem to have trouble keeping up with conversations. Or you have a short memory. Or you just like to lie about shit.

1. I was never NOT talking about clearing. YOU keep talking about tankiness.
2. I was ALWAYS talking about melee splash "real melee" skills when referring to melee
3. When the fuck did anyone give a shit about deep delving? It's neither the best XP nor the best profits

The first two points I've stated so many goddamn times by now I'm getting sick of writing it BUT APPARENTLY NINE PAGES ISN'T ENOUGH FOR YOU TO GET IT
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:

oh, wrong.

You seem to have trouble keeping up with conversations. Or you have a short memory. Or you just like to lie about shit.

1. I was never NOT talking about clearing. YOU keep talking about tankiness.

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
The theoretically crappy KB gladiator should concievably clear faster than any "real melee" build I can imagine without losing any survivability,

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
How about a gladiator with 82% block using kinetic blast with wands?

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"Super far from optimized", I see no reason why a phys KB wander build wouldn't work better than any melee build with that ascendancy. The fact that you believe it's "super far from optimized" (which is correct) only further proves the point that melee is crap. It retains the same defenses and still clears faster with the not-optimized ascendancy. I don't see how that demonstrates any point for you at all.

so... yeah, you did.

and i didn't say anything about deep delving. ffs.
[Removed by Support]

Last edited by robmafia on Feb 6, 2019, 7:48:51 PM
"
Prizy wrote:
Spoiler
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

Well, in an ideal scenario, where PoE would actually be "BALANCED", that would be the normal stance, regarding having MEANINGFUL CHOICES concerning the playstyles, so each of them: melee vs ranged vs cast vs minions vs traps/mines/etc. excels at some points, and is lackluster at totally different aspects... That is lacking, and it shows in a very disappointing way...

Of course in the current scenario, any ranged/cast/ranged "melee" build ROFL STOMPS all real melee skills with the exception of Molten Strike and maybe Vaal Double Strike...

Melee needs serious buffs either at damage output, either at survivability or heck, even both, as it will always be the "second" choice in the "speed meta"...

The trick is to have each playstyle provide an option. TencentGGG seem adamant to let us crank the difficulty dial to 1000% by going REAL melee, instead of having that as a viable alternative to those other various options...

Hopefully they will get it right before 4.0/5.0 hit...

I don't think we will ever get "balance" in the traditional sense. I think GGG will reintroduce something that allows the power level of stat sticks for melee again at some point just to meta shift.

GGG loves to meta shift, not balance. It's what (they think) keeps the game fresh for all players.

I totally believe we will have a melee league at some point where people will laugh at spell users like they do melee currently.

It's just a question of when.

As I said, it's not even about "balance in the traditional sense", but more about each different playstyle having their purpose.

The stat stick power level wasn't "OMFG OMEGALOL BROKEN", it was more about having stat sticks better than ANY kind of playstyle for an ATTACK BUILD - the current fiasco where stat sticks still boost conversion spell damage to oblivion get TencentGGG dev & balance teams the 100% deserved "1K pretzel eating meme status" - and it should have been the actual "de facto" base damage for all those REAL MELEE skills for them to even be a "blip" on the players radars regarding build choices...

I don't mind having "the meta shift" regularly, but TencentGGG need to understand that they need to have REAL ALTERNATIVES concerning the playstyle choices, and make each of melee vs ranged vs cast vs minions vs traps/mines/brands/etc. come with special differences, and excel and be lackluster at various DIFFERENT aspects as a CORE DESIGN DECISION...

Beside, I'm still waiting for REAL MELEE skills to be the highlight during a league, and I started playing PoE since it's 1.0 release. "When", might be too little, too late, especially as PoE lost most of it's ARPG roots (read "meaningful choices") and became a great arcade shooter...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Feb 6, 2019, 11:18:01 PM
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

I don't mind having "the meta shift" regularly, but TencentGGG need to understand that they need to have REAL ALTERNATIVES concerning the playstyle choices, and make each of melee vs ranged vs cast vs minions vs traps/mines/brands/etc. come with special differences, and excel and be lackluster at various DIFFERENT aspects as a CORE DESIGN DECISION...

Couldn't agree more.
"
robmafia wrote:

so... yeah, you did.

and i didn't say anything about deep delving. ffs.

ROFL GUY

Obviously survivability has to be a part of the fucking build genius, it's not the point of the damn conversation and is only relevant because YOU keep bringing it up talking about your shitty gladiator that nobody cares about

The POINT which after 10 pages you still aren't getting is that ranged builds are all vastly superior to any of the real melee gems in xp and wealth generation INCLUDING HC

And yes you are talking about deep delving because you keep mentioning your gladiators tank ability which for delve is ONLY RELEVANT AT LARGE DEPTH

KEEP DEFLECTING THO BRO YOU'RE DOING GREAT WORK HERE BUDDY. I'M SURE EVERYONE VALUES YOUR INPUT LINKING OUT OF CONTEXT QUOTES TO MAKE AN IRRELEVANT AND INCORRECT POINT NOBODY CARES ABOUT LOL

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 7, 2019, 7:49:44 AM
it was the ENTIRE point, since it was my premise and the single point you decided to disagree with and argue about. hence, your posts about survivability.

(my premise = melee is generally ok compared to ranged because of the trade-off. less dps, more survivability)

i can prove this with more quotes, as well.

i guess it's time for you to accuse yourself of lying?

"
And yes you are talking about deep delving because you keep mentioning your gladiators tank ability which for delve is ONLY RELEVANT AT LARGE DEPTH

delve was a league, you know.

and the main point with delve was facetanking aul. but it's not like i didn't facetank chimera all league, either.

no idea why you'd jump to the bizarre (and dead wrong) conclusion that tankiness only matters in the mine. i seem to remember months of complaints about the syndicate being too hard...
[Removed by Support]

Last edited by robmafia on Feb 7, 2019, 10:35:40 AM
"
robmafia wrote:

(my premise = melee is generally ok compared to ranged because of the trade-off. less dps, more survivability)

i can prove this with more quotes, as well.

quotes.. lol. you - the one and only source of 'truth' - can prove that melee is ok with quotes :) amazing, ill literally take a photo and then print it. priceless

i know it is nice to feel 'unique' but there is a reason why noone takes you seriously - because melee sucks. your junk melee gladiator is tanky? cool, wander can be JUST AS TANKY but deal LOTS more damage with 10 times better clear speed.

but why bother when absurd tankiness (or is it? block does nothing vs dots) is rather not needed and if there is anything that carries people it is AOE damage and general coverage. even the most AOE'ish 'melee' skills are GARBAGE compared to tornado shot, KB, winter orb or even damn Blight

not to mention that you have literally no evidence proving you actually know what you are talking about. on the contrary your posting history is VERY sketchy..
Last edited by sidtherat on Feb 7, 2019, 11:56:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info