Melee needs Tuning - ASAP, Like Yesterday

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
I've noticed logic isn't a strong point for people arguing that melee is ok.

"but its tankier" yes by necessity since you have to tank some damage to do any dps as melee, not by choice

ranged builds just need to survive any .5s damage combo and everything dies from offscreen so taking damage isnt an issue to begin with

like that ms jugg for example, that very build known for being unkillable and thats great until you try doing maps at 100x the speed using literally any range gem

...huh?

you just described the exact point of melee vs ranged. especially when ranged more/less meant glass cannon for 3 years.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
I've noticed logic isn't a strong point for people arguing that melee is ok.

"but its tankier" yes by necessity since you have to tank some damage to do any dps as melee, not by choice

ranged builds just need to survive any .5s damage combo and everything dies from offscreen so taking damage isnt an issue to begin with

like that ms jugg for example, that very build known for being unkillable and thats great until you try doing maps at 100x the speed using literally any range gem

...huh?

you just described the exact point of melee vs ranged. especially when ranged more/less meant glass cannon for 3 years.

Then by your own logic wouldn't it make sense that ranged builds still be glass cannons to suit the basic fundamental distinction between the archetypes you highlight?

I don't see that in PoE - ranged builds are just cannons, no glass at all. Melee is the highest risk playstyle, with the lowest reward. Ranged is exclusively low risk/high reward unless you build in a handicap of your own voilition.
"
Nubatack wrote:
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
Nubatack wrote:
Hard to do this with any ranged build

Easier than doing this on a melee build.

And it's not just Berserker that's the problem. Any kind of close range melee playstyle is just worse than ranged in literally every respect.

Show me this amazing build do any hard boss. Every respect my ass lol
It wouldn't even be melee if it could do that (which is something people complain about too)

Idk if you noticed, but there's zero point in being able to beat hard bosses in PoE. As long as you can clear maps on an mf build, the world is your oyster.
"
Ðrakken wrote:

Then by your own logic wouldn't it make sense that ranged builds still be glass cannons to suit the basic fundamental distinction between the archetypes you highlight?

I don't see that in PoE - ranged builds are just cannons, no glass at all. Melee is the highest risk playstyle, with the lowest reward. Ranged is exclusively low risk/high reward unless you build in a handicap of your own voilition.

yeah, completely false.

the tankiest builds that can pve are melee.

if anything, the problem is just that the game is too easy. syndicate finally added some mediocre difficulty back to poe, and it was complained into an oblivion of nerfs.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

Last edited by robmafia on Feb 1, 2019, 8:02:03 PM
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Ðrakken wrote:

yeah, completely false.

if anything, the problem is just that the game is too easy. syndicate finally added some mediocre difficulty back to poe, and it was complained into an oblivion of nerfs.

Interesting that you find taking your own logic to its conclusion to be 'completely false'. Noted.

Let me pick your brain a bit further re 'tankiest builds' - what do you think is a more effective defense: having the ability to absorb more incoming damage on paper at any dps output, or having the ability to avoid all damage entirely whilst still doing your maximum DPS to a target?
"
suszterpatt wrote:

Idk if you noticed, but there's zero point in being able to beat hard bosses in PoE. As long as you can clear maps on an mf build, the world is your oyster.

What is the point of poe? Don't you clear maps fast so that you can get gear to do hard bosses?
"
Ðrakken wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Ðrakken wrote:

yeah, completely false.

Interesting that you find taking your own logic to its conclusion to be 'completely false'. Noted.

Let me pick your brain a bit further re 'tankiest builds' - what do you think is a more effective defense: having the ability to absorb more incoming damage on paper at any dps output, or having the ability to avoid all damage entirely whilst still doing your maximum DPS to a target?

ya right bosses dont move and chase after ranged charrs....
i know enough melee builds than can do far more boss dps even though their tooltip dps is a lot lower.
tooltip dps means nothing,if you cant make use of it.
"
Ðrakken wrote:

i forgot that all the cannons were avoiding all the damage from the syndicate in the first few weeks, which is why this forum/reddit wasn't chock full of the cannons all complaining about syndicate damage and one shots and etc.

also, that wasn't my logic's conclusion. that was you jumping to a separate conclusion and then pretending it's what i said.
[Removed by Support]

"
Ðrakken wrote:
The sheer number of builds you can excel with in this game without actually playing has gotten absurd, the risk/reward imbalance of melee builds is vastly ignored & attempts to make this game more 'challenging' to ranged builds for the sake of gameplay only pushes an interesting playstyle further into the abyss.

You put melee in this game for a reason, time to pay attention to it for once -- I value gameplay in my games, not AI/broken balance playing the game for me. Please return the 'Action' element to your Action RPG: fix it, there's no excuses at this point.

I think you're out of touch with how to build efficiently. My chiefton molten strike has 9.5k hp, 1k es, 2 millions hideout dps. Molten strike is perfectly fine after the nerfs you just have to build with excessive dps, and hp in mind.
Meta = cattle

-ty men
"
I0wa wrote:
"
Ðrakken wrote:
The sheer number of builds you can excel with in this game without actually playing has gotten absurd, the risk/reward imbalance of melee builds is vastly ignored & attempts to make this game more 'challenging' to ranged builds for the sake of gameplay only pushes an interesting playstyle further into the abyss.

You put melee in this game for a reason, time to pay attention to it for once -- I value gameplay in my games, not AI/broken balance playing the game for me. Please return the 'Action' element to your Action RPG: fix it, there's no excuses at this point.

I think you're out of touch with how to build efficiently. My chiefton molten strike has 9.5k hp, 1k es, 2 millions hideout dps. Molten strike is perfectly fine after the nerfs you just have to build with excessive dps, and hp in mind.

Oh fuck this I'm going in this is basically your reply to him ''MELEE IS FINE CUZ MOLTEN STRIKE IS FINE''

Of course molten strike is fine it's 50 times better than it's other skills
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info