Melee needs Tuning - ASAP, Like Yesterday

Well, seems like 3.7 will be a horrible update for Rob and Co. Hope they keep the self mutilation at the thought of future melee improvements at bay.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/asf5ho/fluff_melee_patch_notes/

"
Bex_GGG
Community Director - @bexchangewords
246 points
·
6 hours ago

We try to focus on one area of balance with each major expansion to address that area as thoroughly as we can. Around the time that we started scoping 3.6.0, handcasting and lack of powerful spell variety were big topics both in the community and in our design discussions. We feel that the changes in 3.6.0 greatly improve the spellcasting situation and are very much looking forward to your feedback on these when you get to play the expansion.

As for melee, it's certainly on our radar and is likely to be the focus of 3.7.0 balance work. The design team have some good ideas that I'm quite excited about.

Thoughts and prayers guys, thoughts and prayers. Hopefully no one quits over this.
Last edited by johnce6 on Feb 19, 2019, 10:55:15 PM
oh, yay. someone's still strawmanning about this.

i think the power creep reveal of 3.6 along with the spell-based patch (lolwtf?) killed this, anyway.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
If charan wants to make posts that are provably factually incorrect when you and him and others have no idea what the fuck they're talking about, that's your problem

You seem to think English second language was some kind of personal attack. It was simply a way to explain your ignorance because otherwise you have literally no excuse for being this ignorant

Whether you like my definition of melee or not isn't relevant, what's relevant is that the skills I refer to are trash.

Also, in regards to your comment about frost blades, I've been suggesting adding melee splash to melee gems. Why the fuck would you add melee splash to a projectile skill? Jesus h Christ. "I don't like your definition of melee" rofl. SOMEBODY ELSE has to be seeing this shit

And you have the hilarious nerve to talk about bad faith and lies while defending the current state of melee LOL

You want to keep linking posts that prove you wrong about irrelevant issues by all means continue to do so

Tldr :
you do not know what 'facts' are.
You do seemingly not know what "proofs" are.
The world is wrong and you are right, I mean what else ?

How you could miss the fact that you were trying to make yourself look smart by trying to be condescending regarding the English language in a sentence grammatically incorrect is absolutely amazing.
I pointed it out and yet you still missed it ....
mind blowing

The rest is just circling, as usual, nothing new/interesting/useful.

"
robmafia wrote:
Here we are arguing and meanwhile GGG is introducing even more phys to ele conversion spells for maximum statstick abuse :)

Not directly related to melee, but those rework ... holy cow the direction the balance team is taking .... like what the flying fuck ?!

"
johnce6 wrote:
As for melee, it's certainly on our radar and is likely to be the focus of 3.7.0 balance work. The design team have some good ideas that I'm quite excited about.

This is not reassuring at all, if anything it's the opposite at this point, given the latest "reworks" ..
*sigh*
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Feb 20, 2019, 12:45:16 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
If charan wants to make posts that are provably factually incorrect when you and him and others have no idea what the fuck they're talking about, that's your problem

You seem to think English second language was some kind of personal attack. It was simply a way to explain your ignorance because otherwise you have literally no excuse for being this ignorant

Whether you like my definition of melee or not isn't relevant, what's relevant is that the skills I refer to are trash.

Also, in regards to your comment about frost blades, I've been suggesting adding melee splash to melee gems. Why the fuck would you add melee splash to a projectile skill? Jesus h Christ. "I don't like your definition of melee" rofl. SOMEBODY ELSE has to be seeing this shit

And you have the hilarious nerve to talk about bad faith and lies while defending the current state of melee LOL

You want to keep linking posts that prove you wrong about irrelevant issues by all means continue to do so

Tldr :
you do not know what 'facts' are.
You do seemingly not know what "proofs" are.
The world is wrong and you are right, I mean what else ?

How you could miss the fact that you were trying to make yourself look smart by trying to be condescending regarding the English language in a sentence grammatically incorrect is absolutely amazing.
I pointed it out and yet you still missed it ....
mind blowing

The rest is just circling, as usual, nothing new/interesting/useful.

ROFL, Fruz telling other people about facts

Classic pot calling the kettle black stuff, facts aren't your strong point so you'd do better to stick to the ad hominem and lies you're best at

Here's what facts are:
1. 80-90 means a number no less than 80 and a number no greater than 90.
2. 90.0000001 is a number greater then 90.
3. In poe it is practically impossible to unintentionally land at exactly level 90.0 without going past it

Therefore, it is factually incorrect to interpret 80-90 as "at least one character at or above 90"

Those are what facts are buddy. Difficult for you to comprehend, I'm aware.

But hey why actually know what the fuck you're talking about when you can just make shit up and find 3 ignorant people to agree with you so you don't immediately look like a jack ass?
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 20, 2019, 8:19:08 AM
Spoiler
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Sweep is a fuckin incredible melee skill.

Does anyone have a good list of melee skills that shouldn't be buffed in 3.7? Also a list of ones that should be nerfed.

Last edited by johnce6 on Feb 20, 2019, 10:50:35 AM
cyclone's due for a nerf.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
robmafia wrote:

Alright fair enough the base damage on that over the years (released 2016) has been well known to be way too high. So high that virtually everyone uses it for CoC since release.

Here is what I think should be done to tone down melee and convince others to try more ranged builds in this game.

Nerf:

Cyclone (too high damage and aoe)
Sweep (too high damage, mechanics too good)
Puncture (too high damage, mechanics too good)
Cleave (too high damage and aoe out of control)
Double Strike (bleed damage needs to be nerfed)
Charged Dash (why choose any other skill other than this one?, DMG is op)
Flicker Strike (doesn't require enough resources to use)
Wild Strike (too popular for a reason, needs to be made bow only)

These skills should not be buffed or have mechanics improved in anyway:

Heavy Strike (skill dominates nearly every melee build, mechanics alone set this apart from all others)
Glacial Hammer (new ice skill buffs in 3.5 make this one even stronger, mechanics make this one top tier)
Elemental Hit (hands down best melee skill, if you are melee this is what you use) After playing a melee Ele hit build this league I see no reason to ever use a bow over melee weapon.
Infernal Blow (dominates through superior aoe and requires almost no resources)

Last edited by johnce6 on Feb 20, 2019, 11:49:04 AM
"
johnce6 wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:

Alright fair enough the base damage on that over the years (released 2016) has been well known to be way too high. So high that virtually everyone uses it for CoC since release.

Here is what I think should be done to tone down melee and convince others to try more ranged builds in this game.

Nerf:

Cyclone (too high damage and aoe)
Sweep (too high damage, mechanics too good)
Puncture (too high damage, mechanics too good)
Cleave (too high damage and aoe out of control)
Double Strike (bleed damage needs to be nerfed)
Charged Dash (why choose any other skill other than this one?, DMG is op)
Flicker Strike (doesn't require enough resources to use)
Wild Strike (too popular for a reason, needs to be made bow only)

These skills should not be buffed or have mechanics improved in anyway:

Heavy Strike (skill dominates nearly every melee build, mechanics alone set this apart from all others)
Glacial Hammer (new ice skill buffs in 3.5 make this one even stronger, mechanics make this one top tier)
Elemental Hit (hands down best melee skill, if you are melee this is what you use) After playing a melee Ele hit build this league I see no reason to ever use a bow over melee weapon.
Infernal Blow (dominates through superior aoe and requires almost no resources)

I see you've been programming delete-melee.exe into the code base

Wait... Chris Wilson? Is that you?

Lol
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 20, 2019, 12:02:34 PM
"
johnce6 wrote:
Well, seems like 3.7 will be a horrible update for Rob and Co. Hope they keep the self mutilation at the thought of future melee improvements at bay.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/asf5ho/fluff_melee_patch_notes/

"
Bex_GGG
Community Director - @bexchangewords
246 points
·
6 hours ago

We try to focus on one area of balance with each major expansion to address that area as thoroughly as we can. Around the time that we started scoping 3.6.0, handcasting and lack of powerful spell variety were big topics both in the community and in our design discussions. We feel that the changes in 3.6.0 greatly improve the spellcasting situation and are very much looking forward to your feedback on these when you get to play the expansion.

Thoughts and prayers guys, thoughts and prayers. Hopefully no one quits over this.

That is fabulous & vindicating news. GG -- GGG!

Haters, start your hate-engines.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info