Melee needs Tuning - ASAP, Like Yesterday

The sheer number of builds you can excel with in this game without actually playing has gotten absurd, the risk/reward imbalance of melee builds is vastly ignored & attempts to make this game more 'challenging' to ranged builds for the sake of gameplay only pushes an interesting playstyle further into the abyss.

You put melee in this game for a reason, time to pay attention to it for once -- I value gameplay in my games, not AI/broken balance playing the game for me. Please return the 'Action' element to your Action RPG: fix it, there's no excuses at this point.
Last bumped on Feb 23, 2019, 11:43:35 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You should specify that berserker is the problem, not just melee. 5/8 of your characters are those. 2 Juggs you have do well, right?
Hard to do this with any ranged build
"
Nubatack wrote:

Easier than doing this on a melee build.

And it's not just Berserker that's the problem. Any kind of close range melee playstyle is just worse than ranged in literally every respect.
I've tried all melee variants, but I appreciate you looking at my character to see what I'm playing now: it doesn't change the fact that most builds regardless of ascendancy will never compete with a vanilla totem or minion build that simply needs to walk into an area to 'play' effectively.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
Nubatack wrote:

And it's not just Berserker that's the problem. Any kind of close range melee playstyle is just worse than ranged in literally every respect.

Show me this amazing build do any hard boss. Every respect my ass lol
It wouldn't even be melee if it could do that (which is something people complain about too)
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
Nubatack wrote:

seriously?

you're seriously comparing aul at that depth to... a level 68 map?
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
Nubatack wrote:
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
Nubatack wrote:

Show me this amazing build do any hard boss. Every respect my ass lol
It wouldn't even be melee if it could do that (which is something people complain about too)

He made his point quite well, illustrated with evidence that ranged builds often take zero effort to execute on.

I don't think all those supporter packs you've collected are a valid substitute for logic & evidence mate.
Love talking to walls :)

Why even bother with different classes, when everything could do everything. Nice 3k life he linked there, that can't kill anything but white 68 mobs
"
Nubatack wrote:
Love talking to walls :)

No surprise there considering your contribution to this discussion includes zero evidence & logic, simply an unjustified subjective opinion, for which I thank you but no longer need further details on that front.

I would imagine you'd have more fun petitioning GGG for a "Fanboi Feedback & Suggestions" section where your non-contributions could be applauded?

Seriously if you have any hard evidence to the contrary of my original post, please share it, I've been searching far and low for a way to make a melee build that acts like its in an action RPG. But I can't find any zero-button/ignore positioning/passively outDPS gameplay mechanics builds anywhere outside of ranged specs.

We're all ears!
I've noticed logic isn't a strong point for people arguing that melee is ok.

"but its tankier" yes by necessity since you have to tank some damage to do any dps as melee, not by choice

ranged builds just need to survive any .5s damage combo and everything dies from offscreen so taking damage isnt an issue to begin with

like that ms jugg for example, that very build known for being unkillable and thats great until you try doing maps at 100x the speed using literally any range gem
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info