Melee needs Tuning - ASAP, Like Yesterday

some melee skills are vastly better/worse than other melee skills.

same with ranged, really.

it doesn't mean melee sucks. 'monsters' nerfed into oblivion and people foregoing defenses because of it (and getting complacent/entitled about it) is the MUCH bigger problem, imo.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
Ðrakken wrote:
The sheer number of builds you can excel with in this game without actually playing has gotten absurd, the risk/reward imbalance of melee builds is vastly ignored & attempts to make this game more 'challenging' to ranged builds for the sake of gameplay only pushes an interesting playstyle further into the abyss.

You put melee in this game for a reason, time to pay attention to it for once -- I value gameplay in my games, not AI/broken balance playing the game for me. Please return the 'Action' element to your Action RPG: fix it, there's no excuses at this point.

What would you have GGG do?
5%-6% damage increases to melee skills?
Add more melee totems?
Add more ranged skills with a melee tag?
Add more spells skills with a melee tag?
Cripple AOE?
"Adjust" melee targeting?
Add another movement skill (got a huge bet on this being what they do next)?
Create another version of Fortify?
Add more anti-melee mechanics?
Ignore the problems more?
Throw stat sticks at the problem?
Add more supports?
Create "The Derek Zoolander Center For Devs Who Can't Melee Good And Who Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too"

They have long since proved they can't solve "The Riddle of Melee"

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Hey, I'm currently playing with Charged Dash on LMB. Totally a melee build. Melee's fine.

Spoiler
*coughIloveCWC*

Melee: Totally fine as long as you do not play it.
Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
crafted a 3 ex sword yesterday.

a 5 c spellcaster build still does more damage.

LUL
People need to accept that the problem with melee isn't so much the gems. Double Strike, Molten Strike are pretty fucking strong. They still don't get used over ranged skills. Why?

Even if you buffed every melee skill to Double Strike and Molten Strike tier melee still isn't competitive with ranged. Too much of the content in the game is only threatening while in melee range. You can safely ignore enormous amounts of damage just by being ranged.

We need monsters that offscreen, monsters that use movement skills, monsters that are able to close in and hit the player almost immediately after being visible on the screen. As long as 99% of the game is slow moving monsters waiting to die ranged is and will continue to be king.
Why would i play melee if i can cast winter orb\storm brand\totems and avoid insane damage mobs throwing at me? It will cost me 15 chaos orb to be succesful with those builds, which will also do more damage, than any 2ex melee build, except molten strike. Now try that with melee, without molten strike.
Last edited by Zloberik on Feb 2, 2019, 11:32:35 AM
i want brutality resolute technique blood magic starforge cyclone juggernaut to have the same dps as blade vortex elementalist. oh, how dare i wish such things?!
dead game
bring back 3.13
Last edited by Tainted_Fate on Feb 2, 2019, 12:18:21 PM
"
robmafia wrote:
some melee skills are vastly better/worse than other melee skills.

same with ranged, really.

it doesn't mean melee sucks. 'monsters' nerfed into oblivion and people foregoing defenses because of it (and getting complacent/entitled about it) is the MUCH bigger problem, imo.

Yes I think we all understand and agree with this which is why I always have to make the distinction between real melee and current melee

Current melee is fine. Ggg "fixed" melee by adding gems with the melee tag that function like any ranged build

The problem is that didn't fix the old gems and some of us would still like to use those
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
I agree with the guy who said that "melee" vs "range" builds isn't the real problem, but the lack of mobs that threaten a ranged character. Currently, the only thing that's hard for ranged characters is proximity shield, doors, and tight areas. Everything else is a piece of cake. Those threats can be resolved by simply avoiding them. Avoid running maps with doors and tight areas, then skip all mobs with proximity shields.

For melee, on the other hand, there's no avoiding anything because you need to get up close and personal with everything.

What this game needs are quick leapers that are immune to damage while in mid air and can interrupt spell casters, so that Practical Application and Nimbleness (passive nodes) can finally have some use. I don't even think anyone is using those nodes. Mobs that teleport and back stab coming from the edge of your screen, just like intervention can suddenly come out behind you. Zombies that can run fast. Rare pack leaders that can either meat hook you in the middle of a slow pack or back stab you then teleport you in the middle of his pack. Gargoyles that, if you are not within a certain range from them, fly and turn to stone (making themselves immune to spells or any damage, and removing any debuff like chill), then drop like bombs toward you.

These mob suggestions are not all in favor of melee, in fact, it will be challenging to both melee and range builds. It's just that with these suggestions, range builds will need to rethink their build and not put all into damage. Enough with the glass cannon meta.

Also... elemental hit damage should be 3/4 when used with bows. It is too OP.
lolz @ so many claiming the game needs more mobs that threaten ranged chars/etc.

hello?

syndicate, pre-nerfs?

...hello?
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
I don't know why anyone would make the claim that more anti-ranged mobs and maps need to be introduced. The melee gems themselves need to be fixed, not the entirety of the game's content fixed so shitty melee is as good as ranged melee.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 2, 2019, 6:57:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info