Melee needs Tuning - ASAP, Like Yesterday

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
I don't know why anyone would make the claim that more anti-ranged mobs and maps need to be introduced. The melee gems themselves need to be fixed, not the entirety of the game's content fixed so shitty melee is as good as ranged melee.

Because we already have examples of melee gems that can output enormous amounts of damage, (Blade Flurry, Double Strike, Molten Strike etc...). The option exists and it still isn't popular. Why?

Because there is no point. The game is just so much easier on a ranged build that no amount of damage buff to melee will fix it. The top melee skills already have the highest damage potential in the game and people don't use them over ranged skills. There is no where else to go when just looking at the gems.

Trying to solve the issues with melee being weak by only looking at the gems is a waste of time. They've done that. Melee still isn't popular.
tl'dr:

melee's fine.

the problem is that the game is so braindead easy and has been for so long that few use defense and are convinced that's the way the game should be.

ie: december.

at the same time, the easier it's been (and the less people use defense), the more people complain about the death penalty, so...

the problem/pattern is obvious.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
And when long distance melee skills are added people say it's not melee :/
hahaha, long distance close combat ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Nubatack wrote:
long distance melee skills

Are you saying those words with a straight face, sir?

My avatar perfectly depicts the state of my face at all time, pretty much..
On a side note, I watched a little bit Quinn's stream yesterday ... and he is SSF HC Betrayal at level 97; on a ... elemental hit claw juggernaut, and the clearspeed is not bad, neither is the dps it seems.
I didn't expect it, but ancestral call seems to be a godsent for single target melee skills, he was crushing his elder maps with ease, including syndicate.

But Juggernaut is a ridiculously tanky class, it is likely significantly more difficult to just go face with single target melee skills with most other ascendancy classes (unfortunately)
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:

But Juggernaut is a ridiculously tanky class, it is likely significantly more difficult to just go face with single target melee skills with most other ascendancy classes (unfortunately)

*laughs in gladiator*
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

"
robmafia wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

*laughs in gladiator*

Did you read the "most" in the post you quoted ?
*laughs in most*
[Removed by Support]

"
Kahirn wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
I don't know why anyone would make the claim that more anti-ranged mobs and maps need to be introduced. The melee gems themselves need to be fixed, not the entirety of the game's content fixed so shitty melee is as good as ranged melee.

Because we already have examples of melee gems that can output enormous amounts of damage, (Blade Flurry, Double Strike, Molten Strike etc...). The option exists and it still isn't popular. Why?

Because there is no point. The game is just so much easier on a ranged build that no amount of damage buff to melee will fix it. The top melee skills already have the highest damage potential in the game and people don't use them over ranged skills. There is no where else to go when just looking at the gems.

Trying to solve the issues with melee being weak by only looking at the gems is a waste of time. They've done that. Melee still isn't popular.

Yes I agree, that's why I said fix them, not increase the damage

Increasing the damage is what they did with double strike and it KIND OF worked, the builds with that gem are good now, but yes they'll still never be as fast as meta clear

Which is why I think they need to made some big changes to those specific old gems that actually change their mechanics into providing movement and/or aoe as baseline functionality of the gems and work from there

For example consecrated path is both movement and aoe all in one package and I think it is serviceable in concept. If they did that with the older gems (splash as baseline, movement or move speed buffs as melee support gems) I think it would be a step in the right direction for many of those older shitty melee skills
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 3, 2019, 2:16:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info