Melee needs Tuning - ASAP, Like Yesterday

"
robmafia wrote:

...you just said glad is weak offensively, though?

this is getting hilarious.

Yeah lol, like wtf.

By the way, in a purely offensive as dps aim, outmatch and outlast gives more dps than the bleed branch.
Not speaking about clear speed, but pure dps, because you can then use phys-> ele addition/convertion after the 10% more damage, and it gives you free frenzy charges while clearing ... for 2 ascendancy points, not 4.

Yes, Deadeye is as much as a "bleed oriented" class as Gladiator.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
great example of a thread completely destroyed by two posters. nice one

point still stands. if melee is 'ok' then everything else is god-like. if everything else is 'ok' then melee is - what it is - pure garbo (with its uses like boss melting with MS but spells can do that just as well)

winter orb with 10ex budget BLOWS OUT OF THE WATER all melee crap any of 'melee is fine' defenders can show (they wont even try, hide behind a stupid images and oneliners). all of it. be it clear speed, bossing and - yes - widely understood tankiness.

same goes for traps, brands, bows..

just like in life: you do not need 'credit score' (aka tankiness), you need money (aka being tanky enough to survive stuff that did not evaporate instantly)

melee on a 'reasonable' budget is GARBAGE and all it has to talk about is tankiness that.. from what i can guess 'melee is fine' crowd says is 'gain life on block'. totally melee only mechanic i guess :)

oh, before our 'delve hero of the past'. deep delves might me nice for melee for two reasons: a) no space to really exploit ranged gameplay b) LGOH with certain skills. point is - deep delving is pointless. the rewards ARE there but the cost TO GET THERE is enormous. how much sulphite and time it is to get 450+? 100k? 500k? 1mil? you cannot buy sulphite so you have to speed farm it with melee build.. nty

meanwhile 60-68lvl zones drop fossils like candies for 50sulph a pop. you cannot get 'random as all hell' boss rings to drop there? people delving deep are not dropping them neither :)

so deep delving is NOT eco-viable strategy. unless you do not know how to calculate total opportunity cost of getting there.. GGG dropped the ball AGAIN with 'best rewards are in pre map zones' oh well.
"
sidtherat wrote:

melee on a 'reasonable' budget is GARBAGE and all it has to talk about is tankiness that.. from what i can guess 'melee is fine' crowd says is 'gain life on block'. totally melee only mechanic i guess :)

for intents and purposes, YES. that is, assuming that you mean "recover" and not "gain."

it's horribly unoptomized for spells and wanders, and would generally require a gg shaper shield (or wand, i guess)... which brings lolz to your less than 10 ex budget claim.

"
sidtherat wrote:
great example of a thread completely destroyed by two posters. nice one

point still stands.

if it stood, it wouldn't have been "destroyed."
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
cheapest (in standard) entry-level life on block shield with 90+ life is 10c..

i think i can manage that. and while it might be better for melee - only thanks to easier access to block nodes - ill gladly just kill stuff before it can hit me.

vs bosses that recovery is pointless anyway. degens cannot be blocked and one enemy (because everything else is dead) hits like once per 1-2 seconds.

been there, done that. it is cool. but relying on block instead of simply killing stuff quickly is just stacking credit score when people around you are gathering wealth..

Spoiler

got that last league for 25c or something like that, you can easily craft it with dread(?) essences. hardly an investment worth talking about. youll have to spend A LOT more on weapon to carry your melee hero while my spell gem auto-leveled to 20 for free (and i have 6 chances for 21 corruption)

after trying 10ex winter orb and storm brand last week there is no going back to melee. it is GARBAGE in comparison. 'recover life on block' or whatnot does not change that a bit
"
sidtherat wrote:

i think i can manage that. and while it might be better for melee - only thanks to easier access to block nodes - ill gladly just kill stuff before it can hit me.

vs bosses that recovery is pointless anyway. degens cannot be blocked and one enemy (because everything else is dead) hits like once per 1-2 seconds.

been there, done that. it is cool. but relying on block instead of simply killing stuff quickly is just stacking credit score when people around you are gathering wealth..

Spoiler

got that last league for 25c or something like that, you can easily craft it with dread(?) essences. hardly an investment worth talking about. youll have to spend A LOT more on weapon to carry your melee hero while my spell gem auto-leveled to 20 for free (and i have 6 chances for 21 corruption)

after trying 10ex winter orb and storm brand last week there is no going back to melee. it is GARBAGE in comparison. 'recover life on block' or whatnot does not change that a bit

lolz!

1. the game isn't balanced on standard.
2. good luck getting high block/spell block without making large sacrifices
3. storm brand and winter orb? THAT'S your basis of comparison? arguably the 2 most OP skills in the game? hahaha
4. you made it clear you don't do anything challenging. your highest char is 93. on standard. you talked shit on deep delving. you obviously didn't play against the syndicate. so yes, when you're doing nothing even remotely challenging, you'll be just fine without defense. esp on standard. lolz.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

Last edited by robmafia on Feb 19, 2019, 2:53:53 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:

Is melee (apart from MS) bad compared to those new fotm broken skills ? (or aberration like arc traps)
Yeah, that's for sure.
I don't want to take those craps as a balancing standard though, but the more it goes, the more it seems that GGG is doing exactly that tbh ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
robmafia wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

Spoiler

lolz!

1. the game isn't balanced on standard.
2. good luck getting high block/spell block without making large sacrifices
3. storm brand and winter orb? THAT'S your basis of comparison? arguably the 2 most OP skills in the game? hahaha
4. you made it clear you don't do anything challenging. your highest char is 93. on standard. you talked shit on deep delving. you obviously didn't play against the syndicate. so yes, when you're doing nothing even remotely challenging, you'll be just fine without defense. esp on standard. lolz.

Oh. We are 90's yet again with Profile Wars. How cute when done by someone forever hiding behind private profile.

By your metric your highest char is lvl 0 and you have no idea.. cute isnt it?

And again you dance around.points that are convinient for you bringing some nonrelated.stuff to dilute and distort the facta you peesonaly dont like.

Again. It is like im.young again and 90's are in full swing..
"
sidtherat wrote:

Oh. We are 90's yet again with Profile Wars. How cute when done by someone forever hiding behind private profile.

By your metric your highest char is lvl 0 and you have no idea.. cute isnt it?

And again you dance around.points that are convinient for you bringing some nonrelated.stuff to dilute and distort the facta you peesonaly dont like.

Again. It is like im.young again and 90's are in full swing..

...is this even english?

are you going to post about standard and a 23% block/29 life shield (umm... this is worse than the surrender in almost every way and literally every way that matters) and credit scores again?

i'm still trying to figure out why you thought that shield was a good idea to link.

nice evasion, though. every single point. way to pretend it's about profile wars instead of what was actually said, though.
[Removed by Support]

Last edited by robmafia on Feb 19, 2019, 4:24:04 AM
"
Fruz wrote:

Facts are what I just showed, what you wrote.

The fact that you got called out of a [self-censored] lie and that everyone jumped on it ( even Charan did ) is also a fact, how you can still believe otherwise is mind-blowing at best ( and not to sound very rude ).

And you just proove my point again, "frost blade is not real melee"
/ROFL

*sigh*

Frost blade is a melee skill in Path of Exile, and nobody gives a flying shit what your standards about melee are.
Feel free to start your own "buff Legatus-melee thread" and see it either die, or turn into a troll fest because of yourself.

You see, the thing with lies and bad faith, is that it does not get better the more you try to cover it up with more, it get worse, and I'm pretty sure that many don't take you seriously at this point anyway.

The grammar here is AMAZING, trying to call somebody out on the language this way is .... hahahaha

You really are too much, WOW.

This is indeed actually hilarious lol :'D

If charan wants to make posts that are provably factually incorrect when you and him and others have no idea what the fuck they're talking about, that's your problem

You seem to think English second language was some kind of personal attack. It was simply a way to explain your ignorance because otherwise you have literally no excuse for being this ignorant

Whether you like my definition of melee or not isn't relevant, what's relevant is that the skills I refer to are trash.

Also, in regards to your comment about frost blades, I've been suggesting adding melee splash to melee gems. Why the fuck would you add melee splash to a projectile skill? Jesus h Christ. "I don't like your definition of melee" rofl. SOMEBODY ELSE has to be seeing this shit

And you have the hilarious nerve to talk about bad faith and lies while defending the current state of melee LOL

You want to keep linking posts that prove you wrong about irrelevant issues by all means continue to do so
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 19, 2019, 7:50:52 AM
Here we are arguing and meanwhile GGG is introducing even more phys to ele conversion spells for maximum statstick abuse :)

"
oh, before our 'delve hero of the past'. deep delves might me nice for melee for two reasons: a) no space to really exploit ranged gameplay b) LGOH with certain skills. point is - deep delving is pointless. the rewards ARE there but the cost TO GET THERE is enormous. how much sulphite and time it is to get 450+? 100k? 500k? 1mil? you cannot buy sulphite so you have to speed farm it with melee build.. nty

I have two shaper rings with lgoh for spells. Its my only way of regenerating hp (skyforths for hp build, no leech). Its enough, I almost never die, sometimes only bosses with no adds are a problem because I dont hit often enough. Why even play melee at this point?

Seriously, all old melee skills should just get a +30% dmg multiplier so melee would be considered a clunky but strong boss killers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info