Please remove/repurpose the XP gain penalty

Agree 100 % with TheNightFly, and I am willing to bet the majority of players do. If this forum would have upvotes these posts about xp penalty would have a ton of thumbs up.
Also I don't see the tragedy about being in fact able to reach the max level, it's like saying it is wrong to have fun playing a game, and this is just the attitude that makes me, and a lot of other players, always come back to single player games.
"
AwokenGiant wrote:
Agree 100 % with TheNightFly, and I am willing to bet the majority of players do. If this forum would have upvotes these posts about xp penalty would have a ton of thumbs up.
Also I don't see the tragedy about being in fact able to reach the max level, it's like saying it is wrong to have fun playing a game, and this is just the attitude that makes me, and a lot of other players, always come back to single player games.

Nothing is stopping you from reaching lvl 100.
Are we still talking about the XP gains from monster outside of your level bracket?
"
vmt80 wrote:
"
JeroenXP wrote:
A real punishment would block me from doing map tier 12 and above or whatever for a day just to give an example although bit extreme.

I wouldn't really mind such mechanic. I only despise regression mechanics on ARPGs.

Since people haven't brought up alternatives to 'prevent zerging', I'd really like you guys to consider a system like this. Of course what Jeroen writes is pretty rough sketch only, but I like the general idea of it. It'd slow down zerging much more than current system and it'd be an alternative to a regression mechanic that is XP loss.

Honestly, for my taste it would be much better than current XP loss system is, and could be made to affect mainly end-game.

It could be called 'death fatigue' or something.
"
vmt80 wrote:
"
JeroenXP wrote:
A real punishment would block me from doing map tier 12 and above or whatever for a day just to give an example although bit extreme.

I wouldn't really mind such mechanic. I only despise regression mechanics on ARPGs.

Since people haven't brought up alternatives to 'prevent zerging', I'd really like you guys to consider a system like this. Of course what Jeroen writes is pretty rough sketch only, but I like the general idea of it. It'd slow down zerging much more than current system and it'd be an alternative to a regression mechanic that is XP loss.

Honestly, for my taste it would be much better than current XP loss system is, and could be made to affect mainly end-game.

It could be called 'death fatigue' or something.
My suggestion is still the best.

1 death penalty for map -> if you screw up repeatedly in a single map, you won't loose additional XP in the same map so if you overestimate your ability and die in a single map 4-5 times, only 10% per that map is lost.

Normal grinders to 100 will still be affected so building build properly is still key to victory

Loosers like myself capable dying 3-4 times on guardian fights, every single freaking time!, it might actually help by not loosing all the XP progression and basically have a hard stop in progressing further since i don't consider skipping content to be much fun.

For Delving - it's more risky, more rewarding , there you will loose XP on every single mistake.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Marxone on Jan 11, 2019, 9:48:42 AM
That penalty feels, als least to me, like a Idea grown out of time and I would gladly trade this shit with something else.

Limit the number of portals more on hard maps or stuff like this.
"
Marxone wrote:
My suggestion is still the best.

1 death penalty for map -> if you screw up repeatedly in a single map, you won't loose additional XP in the same map so if you overestimate your ability and die in a single map 4-5 times, only 10% per that map is lost.

Normal grinders to 100 will still be affected so building build properly is still key to victory

Loosers like myself capable dying 3-4 times on guardian fights, every single freaking time!, it might actually help by not loosing all the XP progression and basically have a hard stop in progressing further since i don't consider skipping content to be much fun.

For Delving - it's more risky, more rewarding , there you will loose XP on every single mistake.

Apply an XP gain penalty instead of XP loss on death. For example, you get a 50% XP gain penalty for 10% of your current character level. And, if you die more than once before the penalty wears off, it extends the penalty another 10% of the current level or to the end of it.
Last edited by TheNightFly on Jan 14, 2019, 12:56:50 AM
Well, you could have such mechanic in addition to game simply not letting you do content = or > level you died on while mapping, say, for the next RL 6 hours.

Actually this would hurt justly those no-lifers who are zerging to 100 with offensively built character. There -a mechanic punishing zerg deaths which contains no regression.
Well, you could have such mechanic in addition to game simply not letting you do content = or > level you died on while mapping, say, for the next RL 6 hours.

Actually this would hurt justly those no-lifers who are zerging to 100 with offensively built character. There -a mechanic punishing zerg deaths which contains no regression.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info