[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

Want to give my thanks for this guide. Love this build, a really enjoyable and pleasant play style

managed to craft my sceptre(finally), I'm thinking the +X% cold damage over time multiplier slightly beats the X% minion increased damage with X% damage full life mods?
Did anyone consider the new ES leech keystone?
"
Zindae wrote:
Did anyone consider the new ES leech keystone?

previously on this thread people have said that the dot doesn't leech ES, only the first hit does. Sooo... not worth it.

With occultist asc and stacking shield recharge rate, we should be fine
"
Bowberry wrote:

managed to craft my sceptre(finally), I'm thinking the +X% cold damage over time multiplier slightly beats the X% minion increased damage with X% damage full life mods?

How exactly did you create this DoT version? Which crafting procedure? I was using the minion/full life and took UElder with it, so more dmg probably is just for more comfortable kill :D my got extra +2 to light gems instead of cold/DoT, so dmg on the Brand/Storm was pretty cool.
How would the Energy Leech Support fare in this build?
Since it says damage leeched as ES, would that make the DoT leech ES as well or not?

Because the damage boost the gem gives is pretty crazy.
Im wondering due to mana reserve number,

Malevolence being a multiplicative mod number, is it going to out perform Aspect of Spider?

Mana reserve rate is gonna be high. May just have to Drop 1 curse out of the double curse setup.

Im thinking, Manev + Disp + Temp Chains (With Impresence). A few mana reserve reduction nodes.

"
p4ndi0n wrote:
I updated my PoB to 3.6 and gonna use this: https://pastebin.com/hTCrbTL3
We can do a few variations on area dmg, more dmg, etc...

I see you have an extra DOT node over by Entropy. But it looks like you would get more DPS by choosing one of the Cold DOT multiplier over by Fingers of Frost. Is there a reason you chose to go this way?
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
"
BoiledGrape wrote:
How would the Energy Leech Support fare in this build?
Since it says damage leeched as ES, would that make the DoT leech ES as well or not?

Because the damage boost the gem gives is pretty crazy.

Only the initial hit of vortex/coldsnap leeches ES, the aoe dot left behind doesn't count as hits so there's no dot leech.
Great build man. Think this will be my leaguestarter for Synthesis coming out tomorrow.

ES and spellcaster builds are hyped ofcourse, but seeing as how you can craft everything yourself it doesn't really matter.

And the passive skilltree has been updated, I think it'll make this build even stronger. Don't know which new nodes I'm going to take but I'll figure that out along the way.

Very much looking forward to trying it out!

Last edited by De_Don on Mar 7, 2019, 11:24:25 AM
"
Opticazian wrote:
Im wondering due to mana reserve number,

Malevolence being a multiplicative mod number, is it going to out perform Aspect of Spider?

Mana reserve rate is gonna be high. May just have to Drop 1 curse out of the double curse setup.

Im thinking, Manev + Disp + Temp Chains (With Impresence). A few mana reserve reduction nodes.

Fitting in Malevolence seems to be tough and possibly not worth it. Damage numbers are still fine after all even without it.

From my knowledge, to run Malevolence you would need to:
- drop blasphemy curses and drop aspect all together
- if you want to keep a blasphemy curse, have a reduced reservation amulet of choice
- if you want to keep aspect, get Sovereignty nodes
- if you want to keep double course, use curse on hit or Bane

Either way you end up using up more sockets than you already are and we are already kinda starved on sockets. It would be nice if someone finds a way to fit in Malevolence but for me personally the costs seem too high.
Last edited by Monti_Jones on Mar 7, 2019, 12:20:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info