[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

I updated my PoB to 3.6 and gonna use this: https://pastebin.com/hTCrbTL3
We can do a few variations on area dmg, more dmg, etc...

Last edited by p4ndi0n on Mar 6, 2019, 8:07:43 AM
"
p4ndi0n wrote:
I updated my PoB to 3.6 and gonna use this: https://pastebin.com/hTCrbTL3
We can do a few variations on area dmg, more dmg, etc...

Nice :) adding to my PoB!
So is this guide still viable for 3.6 or would it need massive tweaking?
"
DanThePaladin wrote:
So is this guide still viable for 3.6 or would it need massive tweaking?

Read the previous page scroll down to Lysithea post. Near the bottom.
As Vortex is linked to Elemental Focus and Hypothermia.. Does it rely on Cold Snap / Frostbomb to chill the enemies?
"
Helmsman527 wrote:
"
GraphixArts wrote:
is this build viable without the crafted afix "Trigger blablabla" ? Items with that goes for like 100+ ex (wtf) ands in Standard i cant get that afix so... what can i do? i really wanna play this build.

help me please :(

yes it works!
I was playing it without triggers during whole betrayal league and it works just fine.
Bind "right mouse button" to "Vortext" cast and "Q" & "W" to cast EO skills.

The build is very cheap and powerful!
Buy tabula, as soon as you get "Vortex" gem and late game buy clear 6 link "Vaal Regalia" to craft ES on it for the end game. Don't re-roll for a perfect tier 1, tier 2-3 is enough!
I crafted mine very cheap - spent 30 chaos for a 6 link and then spend around 20 to get 400+ ES on it.
With discipline and Enfeeble I have 7500 ES in game.

Actually, I have enough currency to buy 700+ ES body armor but decided to save it.

Bottom line - manual casting works pretty well.

thank you for your answer my friend!ill try that build next league!! :)
"
Lysithea wrote:
"
Do you use leech? Or not? Because i dont see any leech source
Thanks

Our DoTs cant leech. We use regen/recharge which is more than enough.

"
GraphixArts wrote:
is this build viable without the crafted afix "Trigger blablabla" ? Items with that goes for like 100+ ex (wtf) ands in Standard i cant get that afix so... what can i do? i really wanna play this build.

help me please :(

Jun will now be core next patch, you'll get trigger enchant unveiled relatively easy or you could just get someone from betrayal with it unlocked to craft it for you in standard once they completed the migration process. It will be cheap.

"
dcamp25 wrote:

I was wondering what your thoughts are on the changes to crit that just came out, now that the minimum is going to be capped at 0%, meaning that with controlled destruction and elemental overload, we're going to get zero crits to proc ele overload.

"
daimonxp wrote:
Could run concentrated effect over controlled destruction? I see it keeps it near the same dps.

"
Zenos456 wrote:
I've seen some builds drop orbs of storm and link an increased critical strikes onto storm brand, that should proc eo right?

We didn't really procc EO with with vortex anyway, we procced it mostly with storm brand/oos in our weapon trigger while also proccing EE.

Example:
Mainskill - CD... some other supports = 0crit chance, unless you got crit increases somewhere else.
Supportskill... some other gems = still crits for us.

Nothing changed, we still use vortex (or any other skill for that matter), our weapon drops any of our linked spells in it. Those skills crit, we gain EO.

"
Ayam1414 wrote:
May I ask how hard it is to craft the needed item in early league.

You don't need any specific items early league. Generic rares works just fine. Lvl as life -> life+mom -> life+mom+eb -> swap to CI once you got good enough es gear. Some lvld as CI as soon as they got vile bastion.

------

As I see it, nothing has changed for us so far except that some tree changes might make us want to path slightly different. We still need to see the complete patch notes but I don't think they'll change vortex a lot. There's bigger fish out there that was a huge problem last league, vortex potential is still sort of capped by the cooldown it has and the nature of the skill.

Thank you bud, i appreciate all the help you give here!
With the Nerfs to CritChance, do you think we need to Link Orb of Storms with Increased Critical Strikes, in order to proc EO ??.

Also please note, that the updated path of building, does have the Updated tree, but have not updated the damage on any skills yet, so nerf and buff to skill gems are not reflected yet.
I've tried to conjure a version of this build with reservation reduction nodes + reduced reservation shield implicit to try and fit in Malevolence Aura (assuming a 50% reservation as in the video).
I also used the discipline reservation helm enchant, but it isn't needed if you lower the level of clarity instead (or drop it if you aren't using the Watcher's Eye and can handle the mana).

PoB Link

It does require dropping the 2nd curse, but I didn't really feel I needed the extra reduction last league.

It can probably do with a lot of tweaks as I've never really tried to modify builds before, so if you have any pointers they are certainly welcome.

Edit: On closer inspection, you can drop two int nodes above Unnatural Calm and connect through two more damage nodes near Cold Walker.
Last edited by Ragnarok37 on Mar 6, 2019, 3:25:07 PM
deleted.

Malevolence is really good with this build I feel
Last edited by zeturka on Mar 6, 2019, 7:20:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info