[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

Really been looking forward for someone to make a really in depth build like this. I'm very excited. Theres a large gap in guides for vortex cold snappers
Thanks for the build guide! Been wanting to try this out. I know you're still working on the leveling trees, but where do I go after 50? I noticed your POB tree looks different from the leveling trees (pathing near the str/dex nodes). So not sure where to go from here.
Love this build! Highest level character so far and plan to hit 100. So far have killed Elder and Shaper with ease - the damage is insane! I think I just need to work on energy shield min/max now.

Here's the POB for anyone who cares: https://pastebin.com/B30nFYHM

"
bridgeburner wrote:
Thanks for the build guide! Been wanting to try this out. I know you're still working on the leveling trees, but where do I go after 50? I noticed your POB tree looks different from the leveling trees (pathing near the str/dex nodes). So not sure where to go from here.

Went to bed last night instead of continuing to work on it!

I just got my coffee, see the love im getting, and am going to start plugging away right now!

As for the pathing on the tree, I specifically went that way for the 30-50 route because I was having a huge problem wearing any gear or leveling any gems without str and dex, and that was an easy pathing fix for it that can be undone with only a few of the quest line respecs.

I will add some notes and color to the leveling section soon!

Also... BRIDGE 4!
Last edited by Idarroc on Dec 29, 2018, 1:07:23 PM
"
Idarroc wrote:
"
bridgeburner wrote:

Went to bed last night instead of continuing to work on it!

I just got my coffee, see the love im getting, and am going to start plugging away right now!

As for the pathing on the tree, I specifically went that way for the 30-50 route because I was having a huge problem wearing any gear or leveling any gems without str and dex, and that was an easy pathing fix for it that can be undone with only a few of the quest line respecs.

I will add some notes and color to the leveling section soon!

Also... BRIDGE 4!

Thank you! Back to leveling!

Also, some quick tips for other people leveling this build.

1) Wait til you get phase run to do the lab. It makes it so much easier.

2) Start getting used to hitting phase run instead of a life flask. It's good muscle memory. The length of phase run (assuming you have charges and inc duration) is enough time for our ES regen to kick in (which doesn't get interrupted after it starts thanks to our first ascendancy node)

"
bridgeburner wrote:

1) Wait til you get phase run to do the lab. It makes it so much easier.

2) Start getting used to hitting phase run instead of a life flask. It's good muscle memory. The length of phase run (assuming you have charges and inc duration) is enough time for our ES regen to kick in (which doesn't get interrupted after it starts thanks to our first ascendancy node)

Good points here!

I am going to add a section to the guide and credit you for these.
I dont know if it's that great for leveling for us since we dont get CI til late but ive been using Light of Lunaris Spirit shield that adds 38-60 cold damage to spells and 479% increased ES. im level 40ish and im assuming it will only start to shine more and more as we unlock more es nodes/es gear. It's a little more on the expensive side "non starter" but if running 5 6 or even 7th char like i am not that big of a deal.
Last edited by Kaintgitrite on Dec 29, 2018, 2:11:31 PM
"
Kaintgitrite wrote:
I dont know if it's that great for leveling for us since we dont get CI til late but ive been using Light of Lunaris Spirit shield that adds 38-60 cold damage to spells and 479% increased ES. im level 40ish and im assuming it will only start to shine more and more as we unlock more es nodes/es gear. It's a little more on the expensive side "non starter" but if running 5 6 or even 7th char like i am not that big of a deal.

Not a bad idea!

I would assume at that low of level too, having a 170ish ES shield is quite massive.

It looks like they are 7ish chaos, and though not entirely budget, thats not bad at all. I would probably recommend to pick that up and use it till you hit an end game shield at level 79ish!

I will add it to the general tips section of the guide in a minute!

Hi guys, I really enjoy the build so far but I'm having a hard time clearing content above 60+... I'm not even finished with all the 10 acts and dying really a lot. I have a total of 2,2k life (including ES) and getting one shotted so many times.

Can anyone recommend me some decent leveling items to avoid getting one shotted that often?

I'm working with Malachais currently and swapping gems regularly to boost my elemental resistance but that still doesn't help. I know that I have quite bad gear as I'm new to PoE and don't have a big budget to invest into starter / leveling gear.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks OP for the guide, really great work! =)

"
circleback wrote:
Hi guys, I really enjoy the build so far but I'm having a hard time clearing content above 60+... I'm not even finished with all the 10 acts and dying really a lot. I have a total of 2,2k life (including ES) and getting one shotted so many times.

Can anyone recommend me some decent leveling items to avoid getting one shotted that often?

I'm working with Malachais currently and swapping gems regularly to boost my elemental resistance but that still doesn't help. I know that I have quite bad gear as I'm new to PoE and don't have a big budget to invest into starter / leveling gear.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks OP for the guide, really great work! =)

Do you have Immortal Call and Cast with Damage Taken setup? that provides a huge amount of defense.

The other part is resistances.

Link me your gear and what level are you? I can provide some options :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info