[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

Builds coming along very nicely! great to see all the effort and support you're putting into this amazing write up. Please continue to add and contribute to this!
For flasks: Cinderswallow Urn with Life regen craft (gives tons of mana and ES regen with Zealot's Oath + Onslaught) and Soul Ripper for perma Vaal Cold Snap

Also Solstice is too good to pass. It just scales with everything in this build, including flasks.

Started doing it when Waggle transformed into CI. So basically his build with a bit different tree, since I'm in SC. Won't push any more currency into it, because I want to hit my first 100 with Breachstones.
But yea, it's a fun build. Can do all the content and can do it easily.
Also just noticed that I need to div my belt and bless the ring.

13,5k ES atm.

Helm, Body, Boots, Sceptre, I crafted myself.

If I have any currency left over after 100, want to craft 900+ regalia, 500+ shield and 400+ hubris.

Last edited by Escape_Artist on Dec 30, 2018, 8:27:13 AM
Another quick tip for people leveling. Around mid act 7, you're gonna want to make sure you have a chaos resist flask. Chaos damage really ramps up in Act 7 and if you have a lot of ES and not a lot of hp, it's hard to notice when your health goes down. So make sure you're paying attention to your health bar!

Also, I saw you guys talking about this earlier, but 3-socket recipe is still in the game. You find all the vorici recipes in Delve. Go run your first delve again to find the early ones and then just keep running them until you find them all.
Still curious about frost bombs interaction with equilibrium.
Can anyone shed some light upon this for me?
"
clindberg88 wrote:

Im pretty sure that Frost bomb will apply a -% cold resistance and then it will cyle to the next two skills which both apply EE
As someone who is fairly new isn't Zealot's Oath a dead skill point since you have zero regen? Or is there something to this mechanic i am just not understanding?
"
IronBodyGamer wrote:
As someone who is fairly new isn't Zealot's Oath a dead skill point since you have zero regen? Or is there something to this mechanic i am just not understanding?

It makes life regeneration apply to our energy shield instead of hp. We get about 1.4% life regen (converted to es regen) from the tree, and also we use a sulphur flask which gives us 6% life regen (converted to es regen).

So that's 7.4% of our max ES regenerated per second when these are up. For example, if your ES is 8000, that's about 500 es per second.
What do you think about using Heretic's Veil in this build? It gives an extra gem slot in head as well as if we have second curse passive, we have ability to use two curse auras and have enough mana for casting.
Apart from a few changes this is extremely similar to Waggles build (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkGiRtHVGjA). I've been running it for a few weeks now. Got my DoT on my vortex to 770k while maintaining the 10k Es with 34% chance to evade. .
"
"
clindberg88 wrote:

Im pretty sure that Frost bomb will apply a -% cold resistance and then it will cyle to the next two skills which both apply EE

Correct, frost bomb doesn't proc EE for us but the -% cold resist is too good to miss out on. We don't need the EE proc for trash mobs which die easily anyway and on any tougher enemy we'll cast both vortex and cold snap one of which is guaranteed to proc our EE for the dmg boost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info