[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
Ksionor wrote:
"
nonooo wrote:
"
Ksionor wrote:
Tried Uber Elder couple times, it's hard damn. Evading things while you're trying to deal damage is near to impossible. You literally can't change direction while you have cyclone animation.

Hey, if i can help, i did it tonight. It was the first time i was trying the fight so it took me 3 shaper set to kill him. The two first were pretty much learning the fight and all the mechanics.

I manage to kill him but it's defintely not an easy fight. There are lot of phases which means u cannot cheese the fight with ur billions dps.
As you said, main issue is the cyclone lockdown and all the slow that come from everything. If you have cooldown recovery on belt i would try to switch to kaom root for the fight, it should help a lot. Other wise u gotta be patient. Just run in circle and wait for projectile attacks (ice spear and frost bolt) to pass next to you then immediately flame dash to the vulnerable target, do your dps for 1/2 sec and move away. If you stick in the same position for too long on one target, your are pretty much dead considering projectiles attack and beam almost one shot you (one shot you on crit for sure). GL!

P:S: Overall i would say the build is totally uber elder viable but probably not the the build u want to invest in if you wanna farm this particular fight. Those Howa ci aka immune to everything 250ex budget can do it better :p

I have a cooldown on my belt, will try with roots, but actually, don't see the connection =)
BTW also tried 3 shaper sets, best result was 50% HP both shaper and elder.
I also saw some variations, and one was to equip 2 swords, instead of sword-shield, I'm just wondering if it could help to boost dps and just kill them fast.

Tbh with you after investing about 80ex, I have come to terms with that this build isn't all that amazing for uber elder. 99% of the other content, yes you will have 0 problems with. But I myself with all my gear die to uber elder because of cyclone locking or when I try to burst him down I ll think that I can tank his hits ... but I flop sideways.

I have a storm brand character that I just run around with for my uber elder fights. Works like a charm and is cheap to build as well. Many streamers killed uber elder with like lvl 70 2-3 ex worth of gear as storm brand.
I have massive mana problems with this build. Before I had Pandemonius I used an amulet with -total mana cost and that made it a bit better but now that I have Pandemonius its really not working good at all. I guess I will either skill Mind Drinker or craft/buy an elder ring with mana gain on hit. If anyone has any other ideas lmk.

Spoiler
So has anyone tried Malachai's Artifice ring with a golem in it?

Also.. I crafted a pretty decent ring that already has Herald of Ice in it.. thats cool right? I can now use something else in a empty socket :P
Mathils actual cat
"
Seqqsy wrote:

Tbh with you after investing about 80ex, I have come to terms with that this build isn't all that amazing for uber elder. 99% of the other content, yes you will have 0 problems with. But I myself with all my gear die to uber elder because of cyclone locking or when I try to burst him down I ll think that I can tank his hits ... but I flop sideways.

I have a storm brand character that I just run around with for my uber elder fights. Works like a charm and is cheap to build as well. Many streamers killed uber elder with like lvl 70 2-3 ex worth of gear as storm brand.

Hey man, I feel you and empathise totally. I moved to BF and haven't looked back. No animation lock, more consistent damage, no weird pause after shield charging into mobs, faster movement over the course of a map (at least for me) and more precise and immediate movement in boss fights. Check my profile (it's scion but basically the same as the OP unnatural instinct tree).
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 11, 2019, 10:27:20 PM
"
Valicious wrote:
I have massive mana problems with this build. Before I had Pandemonius I used an amulet with -total mana cost and that made it a bit better but now that I have Pandemonius its really not working good at all. I guess I will either skill Mind Drinker or craft/buy an elder ring with mana gain on hit. If anyone has any other ideas lmk.

Spoiler

You can just put -mana cost on your rare ring (replace with one that allows you to craft it), or put on 6% of damage gained as mana, which will also fill you any time you take any damage. You can also just use a viridian jewel with +2 mana on hit with attacks, which won't be god tier mana, but you hit plenty with cyclone to fuel infinite mana. Viridian jewels can roll crit multi and stuff still, so no worries about that.

Also, boot craft for 1.5% (or 2% with uber enchant) life and mana regen if you've been hit recently accomplishes similar things for you.
El Psy Congroo.
Last edited by Patchumz on Jan 11, 2019, 10:52:38 PM
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Hey man, I feel you and empathise totally. I moved to BF and haven't looked back. No animation lock, more consistent damage, no weird pause after shield charging into mobs, faster movement over the course of a map (at least for me) and more precise and immediate movement in boss fights. Check my profile (it's scion but basically the same as the OP unnatural instinct tree).

Just had another look at your gear, seems we had a very similar idea with our Cospri's... :P Managing to push out around 300K Ice Nova damage out of a Scion is impressive, but damn that gear is getting expensive. UI is just a huge investment, but it's really cool to see another spin on the build.

I wonder what this is

pretty much a 17% more multiplier
"
DArkiller21 wrote:

I wonder what this is

pretty much a 17% more multiplier

It's used to simulate the effect of the Bonechill gem in the Vortex set-up, as PoB doesn't account for it yet apparently.

Vortex has a base chill effect of 10%, with Bonechill and Unbound Ailments increasing the effect of chill on enemies it brings it to around 17% unless you have more elsewhere, hence the 17% increased damage taken.
Guys and it happens :(!

T16 phoenix (alched)/ Masterminds liar/Xoph/Tul became impossible to do.
I dont know what i screwed but i have not enough leech of hp now and not enough DPS to do any of those things, also realized- my DPS went down, just put 2 jewels in my tree.

Got 3APS with cyclone, 24.5% crit chance, after killing mobs 45.5% crit chance, crit multi is decent 434%.

Can sm1 look on my tree and EQ and tell me where im missing that much dps that i cant do those endgame bosses and why my clearspeed (i dont oneshot normal mobs as it was) went down?
Characted on betrayal is: Papierzax

Please Guys help with some wise tips.
Last edited by premierunio on Jan 12, 2019, 2:40:49 AM
"
premierunio wrote:
Guys and it happens :(!

T16 phoenix (alched)/ Masterminds liar/Xoph/Tul became impossible to do.
I dont know what i screwed but i have not enough leech of hp now and not enough DPS to do any of those things, also realized- my DPS went down, just put 2 jewels in my tree.

Got 3APS with cyclone, 24.5% crit chance, after killing mobs 45.5% crit chance, crit multi is decent 434%.

Can sm1 look on my tree and EQ and tell me where im missing that much dps that i cant do those endgame bosses and why my clearspeed (i dont oneshot normal mobs as it was) went down?
Characted on betrayal is: Papierzax

Please Guys help with some wise tips.

you dont skill power charge nodes!!!!! very simple lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info