[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
premierunio wrote:
"
stauch3r wrote:
"
premierunio wrote:
Guys and it happens :(!

T16 phoenix (alched)/ Masterminds liar/Xoph/Tul became impossible to do.
I dont know what i screwed but i have not enough leech of hp now and not enough DPS to do any of those things, also realized- my DPS went down, just put 2 jewels in my tree.

Got 3APS with cyclone, 24.5% crit chance, after killing mobs 45.5% crit chance, crit multi is decent 434%.

Can sm1 look on my tree and EQ and tell me where im missing that much dps that i cant do those endgame bosses and why my clearspeed (i dont oneshot normal mobs as it was) went down?
Characted on betrayal is: Papierzax

Please Guys help with some wise tips.

you dont skill power charge nodes!!!!! very simple lol

You want to say if i dont have +1 power charge thats the reason i dont have enough dps?

He is wrong.

The reason why you deal much less damage is:
1) You are using the old version of the passive tree, check the new one;
2) You lack quality in your gems - our damage spell is Ice Nova, both your Ice Novas don't have quality 20;
3) You are using 'Increased critical strike damage' in chest, you have to replace it for 'Increased critical strike CHANCE';
4) You are using only one ring (don't know if you are updating your character while I write this);
5) You are using the budget version of the build, which deals significantly less damage than more expensive versions;
6) You are using Onslaught on helmet, which increases your attack speed, decreasing the times you activate ice novas;
7) You are using 'Abyss Jewels' in your passive tree jewels slots - replace them for actual jewels with more damage mods and % maximum life.
"
Lordrius wrote:

He is wrong.

The reason why you deal much less damage is:
1) You are using the old version of the passive tree, check the new one;
2) You lack quality in your gems - our damage spell is Ice Nova, both your Ice Novas don't have quality 20;
3) You are using 'Increased critical strike damage' in chest, you have to replace it for 'Increased critical strike CHANCE';
4) You are using only one ring (don't know if you are updating your character while I write this);
5) You are using the budget version of the build, which deals significantly less damage than more expensive versions;
6) You are using Onslaught on helmet, which increases your attack speed, decreasing the times you activate ice novas;
7) You are using 'Abyss Jewels' in your passive tree jewels slots - replace them for actual jewels with more damage mods and % maximum life.

thanks Bro so so!
Just killed U.Elder for the first time with this build, managed to get it in 1 set (barely on the last portal mind you).

Thanks again for the great build and write up op :)
"
JonesJM wrote:
"
Nordatheman wrote:
Is there a reason why we cant replace the shield for an other one hand mulimod weapon? Was thinking hits cant be evaded, trigger sockeded gems(auto cast vortex), and non-choas dms as extra damage with spell% on a shapet opal sceptor with 20% elemental dmg as extra chaos dmg. That would make dmg go up to a an other lvl. But I might be missing something:) Going to try to puch it in on path of building when I come home. Only losing 15% block and some life and gaining probably massive dps, 10% atk speed and quality of life with vortex.

Hits cant be evaded only applies to the weapon its crafted on and it also wouldnt proc any spell in your cospris.

Damn one-word difference can do so much:( Well we can still get all the other things and use that other prefix for more dps. With the mutimod sceptor it will give us a dps boost of 38% and the free vortex caster (no self cast needed). The dps boost take in the less hit chance (66% now) and still give us the 38%. BTW the secound weapon is not there to proc more times on cospris just casting vortex by it self.

The question now is the 38% dps worth it or do we lose other things just because of not hitting 100% accuracy?
"
Just killed U.Elder for the first time with this build, managed to get it in 1 set (barely on the last portal mind you).

Thanks again for the great build and write up op :)

Just a tip - you are missing quality in some of your gems, specially Ice Nova. Should improve a lot your damage :)
ive been looking into this build and wondered if its headhunter viable?
"
Nordatheman wrote:
"
JonesJM wrote:
"
Nordatheman wrote:
Is there a reason why we cant replace the shield for an other one hand mulimod weapon? Was thinking hits cant be evaded, trigger sockeded gems(auto cast vortex), and non-choas dms as extra damage with spell% on a shapet opal sceptor with 20% elemental dmg as extra chaos dmg. That would make dmg go up to a an other lvl. But I might be missing something:) Going to try to puch it in on path of building when I come home. Only losing 15% block and some life and gaining probably massive dps, 10% atk speed and quality of life with vortex.

Hits cant be evaded only applies to the weapon its crafted on and it also wouldnt proc any spell in your cospris.

Damn one-word difference can do so much:( Well we can still get all the other things and use that other prefix for more dps. With the mutimod sceptor it will give us a dps boost of 38% and the free vortex caster (no self cast needed). The dps boost take in the less hit chance (66% now) and still give us the 38%. BTW the secound weapon is not there to proc more times on cospris just casting vortex by it self.

The question now is the 38% dps worth it or do we lose other things just because of not hitting 100% accuracy?

It's not viable and a immense DPS loss not hitting at least 90% of the time. Almost every build aims for 95% or use something to hit 100%. Not viable at all.
"
Lordrius wrote:
Just a tip - you are missing quality in some of your gems, specially Ice Nova. Should improve a lot your damage :)

Ice Nova quality is just Area of effect, I dont understand how that would help single target damage at all

Edit: Quality ice nova would definitely make map clear a little bit smoother, but 10-15c for a 21 Vaal ice nova was pretty hard to pass up for a little inconvenience with map clear

Edit2: The quality gems i've skipped dont (shouldnt) effect damage at all, only QoL, bonechill increase chill duration is another example
Last edited by ChrisBiscuits on Jan 12, 2019, 8:42:56 AM
If you are going for the UI + 2x Meek setup, wouldn't starting as a scion be better to save a lot of points? Or are you missing out from too much of the assassins ascendancy?
"

"

"
It's not viable and a immense DPS loss not hitting at least 90% of the time. Almost every build aims for 95% or use something to hit 100%. Not viable at all.

But Path of Buiding is taking that in to account that we are only going to hit 2/3 times with the dps calculations. The 38% dps increas is still with 66% accuracy with 100% it would be 47% dps increase.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info