[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Mh, how do you manage your mana- Im running out if I replace warlords with enfeeble. I see no leech in your tree/items?
"
daiur wrote:
Mh, how do you manage your mana- Im running out if I replace warlords with enfeeble. I see no leech in your tree/items?

Do you play with queen of the forest?
Mana was never an issue for me, I have enough regeneration. I take the nodes "Coldhearted Calculation", "Heart and Soul", "Quick Recovery" and "Shaper".
Last edited by CheeQu on Dec 25, 2018, 5:12:34 AM
"
narutorage wrote:
Seems like a great build!

Quick question: is there any other skill to use instead of cyclone that doesn't make we lose a lot of dps?

I'm an old CoC fan, but I hate cyclone gameplay lol.

Blade Flurry is the next option. You will need more attack speed for that but it's definitely doable. The "Coordination" node, max roll attack speed on Cospri, Onslaught flask, attack speed on gloves and jewels and Lightning Golem instead of Chaos Golem should get you close to 6 APS (maybe Devoto's Devotion too for the bonus movement speed, but then you lose that juicy 100 Life).

The cheapest option would be to get around 5 APS and then use Vaal Haste to get close to 6 APS for single target. I'd check that on PoB to make sure you don't get over 6 APS though.
Last edited by CheeQu on Dec 24, 2018, 6:17:28 PM
I was one node short of Shaper (only level 83) I'll try again now :)

"
Great build, been looking for something like this that can clear some end game content.

Quick questions:

- How does this build do in low depths? Like 350 depth or so.
- How does it deal against syndicate members? They have the hobby to one shot people.

Delving is pretty smooth, fast and enjoyable. The tight tunnels are great for Cyclone and Ice Nova covers all of it.

After switching to Fortify as the 6th link and Chaos Golem (Was using controlled destruction and ice golem earlier, wasn't worth it) I can say I haven't died to syndicate members for quite a while at top tier maps!
"
daiur wrote:

Another tip for saving mana would be to cyclone a bit further away. With cyclone, you spend mana every time you initiate a travel. So if you spam cyclone on top of yourself you spend a lot more. Try that till you get that node :P
"
XaalNero wrote:
I've been following an iteration of this while trying to make it work for Occultist.

I think it would work though would be inferior overall(lack of crit vs dual curse)

Any thoughts on the viability of occultist for it?

Swapping skill points from your tree to occultist and filling the blanks shows a 20k ish average ice nova dps loss from body armor, likely due to the 9% less effective crit chance, didn't change around anything skill wise to compensate dual curse though.

I can definitely see Occulist working with great success. My only concern would be that curses tend to become weak against more and more content GGG is releasing (Delve bosses -80% less curse effectiveness, Mastermind -80% less curse effectiveness, Syndicate members -60% curse effectiveness, Shaper -80%, Elder -80%) so look out for those!
"
"
daiur wrote:

Another tip for saving mana would be to cyclone a bit further away. With cyclone, you spend mana every time you initiate a travel. So if you spam cyclone on top of yourself you spend a lot more. Try that till you get that node :P

Didn#t know that, thanks! I'm currently running acro (took heartseeker and herbalismn) as my gear is very low on evasion. Is it still worth it to run enfeeble with only 14% evade chance (no pandemonius either)?
"
iTsLee wrote:
1 crit trigger 1 spell, so since your cospris has 2 spells in it, i believe you need to crit 12 per second (6aps)

Yes that's right, it triggers 1 spell per critical. However, if 2 spells are socketed, Cospri's procs will alternate between the two. We don't need 6 frostbolt casts per second, 3 are enough. So we use the second Ice Nova for a total of 3 Frostbolts and 3 Ice Novas per second, resulting in more damage as this second Ice Nova also interacts with the Frostbolt projectiles and is casted twice (also resulting in more hits per second, helping us cap life leech rate faster).

Theoretically 12 crits per second would mean more damange for the Cospri Setup, but investing so much in attack speed would reduce both our overall Damage and our Defenses.
Last edited by CheeQu on Dec 24, 2018, 11:45:28 PM
"
Weist87 wrote:
Hi, I do not really some of the mechanics. Why ice Nova in cospri while you are already triggering the one in the chest?

Does the ice Nova triggered on chest interacts with the frostbolt from cospri?

Yes, both Ice Nova interact with the Frostbolt projectiles.
The reason we use a second Ice Nova is in the post above this one. I'll also include more info on the gem section of the guide about this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info