[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Spoiler

any tips?
Last edited by Ra1nbowca7 on Jan 11, 2019, 5:40:53 PM
Tried Uber Elder couple times, it's hard damn. Evading things while you're trying to deal damage is near to impossible. You literally can't change direction while you have cyclone animation.
Last edited by Ksionor on Jan 11, 2019, 6:06:39 PM
nm forgot abt cooldown
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 11, 2019, 6:54:34 PM
Do we need 14 cooldown recovery in god tier mode?
Im at 141% movespeed with flask now (half of that when Cycloning), any ideas how to go even faster without Vaal Haste? Feels like the build need just little more movement to clear really good. Maybe getting it to work as Pathfinder somhow, idk.
edit: gonna test

Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on Jan 11, 2019, 6:25:54 PM
"
Ksionor wrote:
Tried Uber Elder couple times, it's hard damn. Evading things while you're trying to deal damage is near to impossible. You literally can't change direction while you have cyclone animation.

Hey, if i can help, i did it tonight. It was the first time i was trying the fight so it took me 3 shaper set to kill him. The two first were pretty much learning the fight and all the mechanics.

I manage to kill him but it's defintely not an easy fight. There are lot of phases which means u cannot cheese the fight with ur billions dps.
As you said, main issue is the cyclone lockdown and all the slow that come from everything. If you have cooldown recovery on belt i would try to switch to kaom root for the fight, it should help a lot. Other wise u gotta be patient. Just run in circle and wait for projectile attacks (ice spear and frost bolt) to pass next to you then immediately flame dash to the vulnerable target, do your dps for 1/2 sec and move away. If you stick in the same position for too long on one target, your are pretty much dead considering projectiles attack and beam almost one shot you (one shot you on crit for sure). GL!

P:S: Overall i would say the build is totally uber elder viable but probably not the the build u want to invest in if you wanna farm this particular fight. Those Howa ci aka immune to everything 250ex budget can do it better :p
Last edited by nonooo on Jan 11, 2019, 6:42:02 PM
Is it worth doing step 12 (UI/MotM) at lv93? I feel like this was asked and answered, but that was somewhere in the last 40 pages or so.

Anyone tried and if so what did you think
Excellent guide m8, thank you so much for the indepth description on everything, great job.
Currently leveling this bad boy, its a ton of fun!!
"
Dkodr wrote:
Im at 141% movespeed with flask now (half of that when Cycloning), any ideas how to go even faster without Vaal Haste? Feels like the build need just little more movement to clear really good. Maybe getting it to work as Pathfinder somhow, idk.
edit: gonna test

PF is an excellent choice. Probably my #2 choice with innate flask buffs she easily makes max crit all the time too being she's perma flask queen. She won't be as beefy tho (cant make life wheel) or have cull.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 11, 2019, 6:34:13 PM
Two things, for those of you moving onto uber elder, and finding it difficult to complete with cyclone - give blade flurry a try.

Next thing, can we talk about how cyclone crits?

I've been playing around with both cyclone and BF, and while cyclone does hit twice per attack (as we know, hence the halved aps thresholds compared to BF and other one-hit-per-attack-skills), its crit chance is still, afaik, determined only *once per attack* (not once per hit!).

You can see the difference when you are cycloning around with around a 90% crit chance - quite often (one in ten times, feels like more!) you will just cyclone through a group of mobs without anything happening. And then bam, all the mobs will get deleted as your two hits (one attack) crits on the next attack.

By contrast, blade flurry determines crits once per hit (and once per attack, as it only hits once per attack). With your BF at 6aps, you very rarely get a situation where, for the length of a cyclone animation, you don't get a crit.

BF feels smoother as a result, with less spikey damage - to me at least.

tldr:
- BF at 6aps hits just as often as cyclone at 3aps
- BF at 6aps has twice as many crit rolls as cyclone at 3aps (b/c cyclone determines crits once per attack, not once per hit)
- BF feels smoother as a result with less spikey damage pops
- Cyclone baseline damage is much more sensitive to diamond flask uptime than BF
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 11, 2019, 6:43:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info