[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
HDTanel wrote:
CheeQu, just thought.. why Lycosidae? Isn´t it better to dual wield with one sword being a Hits cannot be evaded rare? :P

Hey! Sorry didnt answer your last post, getting lost with more and more posts everyday :D I saw you keep improving!

Unfortunately this doesnt work, that mod is local - meaning only hits with that rare will not be evaded. Cospri's hit will be evaded normally. Also Cyclone will alternate between the two weapons for each hit, meaning half cospri procs overall.
While I cannot complain about damage (nor praise it), I do feel ridiculously squishy with not too impressive leech. Maybe I could push it to 5k with more levels and better life rolls on rares, but that's not gonna cut for end-game content I think. Not when you barely can tell what's going on during a fight.

What am I doing wrong? I'm pretty much following this build to the letter. PoB: https://pastebin.com/AbUK8Tqq
Any thoughts on swapping Starkonjas out for for a life/%life/-cold res helm, assuming the attack speed can be made up elsewhere? Thanks!
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
HDTanel wrote:
CheeQu, just thought.. why Lycosidae? Isn´t it better to dual wield with one sword being a Hits cannot be evaded rare? :P

Hey! Sorry didnt answer your last post, getting lost with more and more posts everyday :D I saw you keep improving!

Unfortunately this doesnt work, that mod is local - meaning only hits with that rare will not be evaded. Cospri's hit will be evaded normally. Also Cyclone will alternate between the two weapons for each hit, meaning half cospri procs overall.

No problem, understand when seeing how your thread blew up :D you´ve done a good job with the build and guide. Will be keeping an eye out what you are gonna think out for next leagues etc :)
But atm yeah this is my endgame build for forseeable future. I am trying to level a WinterOrb now that I downed Shaper :P I see people struggling with Uber Elder with this and yeah I would say a huge negative for this build is the melee range.. other then that it melts everything with ease.
Id say only bosses with stages are the only ones that anyone would kinda like "struggle" a bit.. and to be fair.. only T16 Guardians and Shaper have been any sort of "trouble" so far.. but as this is not a endgame boss farmer so to speak I think this is an incredible COC build.
Mathils actual cat
"
Laue wrote:
While I cannot complain about damage (nor praise it), I do feel ridiculously squishy with not too impressive leech. Maybe I could push it to 5k with more levels and better life rolls on rares, but that's not gonna cut for end-game content I think. Not when you barely can tell what's going on during a fight.

What am I doing wrong? I'm pretty much following this build to the letter. PoB: https://pastebin.com/AbUK8Tqq

Guide is getting a big update tomorrow (tree, gems, gear progression) and survivability will increase a lot. Look out for that!
"
Vankwish wrote:
Any thoughts on swapping Starkonjas out for for a life/%life/-cold res helm, assuming the attack speed can be made up elsewhere? Thanks!

Will be hard to find a good enchant on that, but it could be good definitely!

Also keep in mind Dex will be a pain to get.
Last edited by CheeQu on Jan 8, 2019, 4:20:25 PM
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
Vankwish wrote:

Will be hard to find a good enchant on that, but it could be good definitely!

You can get the enchanted base very easily this league, and fossil craft for fairly cheap (pristine + frigid). Then pick up the coordination node for 1 point, and adjust cospri attack speed as necessary. Good option imo, probably better than stark if you're willing to craft it.
Last edited by boomersoonr on Jan 8, 2019, 4:20:50 PM
Why do we use Hypothermia and not Cold Penetration?
Just wanted to say that I am really enjoying this build atm. Even though I am a bit worried about FPS later (I don't have Cospris yet because I am still leveling).

One thing I want to suggest is that for anyone having trouble with bosses/labs with just Warlord's Mark before Cospris + Leech:

Torment makes you mostly invulnerable during boss fights and you can drop Warlord's Mark for Herald Of Ice as well. Atm I am always carrying Torment in inv and swapping on more annoying bosses and in lab trials and it works very well.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Jan 8, 2019, 4:29:16 PM
"
HDTanel wrote:
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
HDTanel wrote:

No problem, understand when seeing how your thread blew up :D you´ve done a good job with the build and guide. Will be keeping an eye out what you are gonna think out for next leagues etc :)
But atm yeah this is my endgame build for forseeable future. I am trying to level a WinterOrb now that I downed Shaper :P I see people struggling with Uber Elder with this and yeah I would say a huge negative for this build is the melee range.. other then that it melts everything with ease.
Id say only bosses with stages are the only ones that anyone would kinda like "struggle" a bit.. and to be fair.. only T16 Guardians and Shaper have been any sort of "trouble" so far.. but as this is not a endgame boss farmer so to speak I think this is an incredible COC build.

Yeah many people also forget how skill dependend fights like these are. If people need a build that can do uber elder while braindead, this is not it.

Many people managed to do it deathless with this build, and Ive never failed a set myself even though Id never done the fight ever before this league, and also hadnt played PoE for about 9 months, so Im not any crazy good player or something (yet :P).

As long as you know how to do the fights, all end-game is managable even without expensive gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info