[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
CheeQu wrote:
"
_fenris_1985 wrote:
What you guys think about the talent Divine Fervour on the skill tree?
On the first sight useless for our build because of melee benefits.
But on the secong sight it maybe is good:

-25% increased melee criticasl strike chance --> more cyclon coc hits, more spells
-Damage with weapons penetreates 3% ele resis --> nice flat damage for our spells
-24% increased elemental damage with attack skills --> sadly useless
-10 to Str and Int --> flat life and mana

So over all maybe worth to invest the 1 skill point?!

Sadly the penetration doesnt work either. It's for "weapons", so again not spells included.

So it's basically just cyclone crit chance and str/int. Not that great, not terrible tho.

Damn you guys are right ;) Sad but true...

Btw. after your recomendation to switch the skill tree from Purity of Flesh to Tireless i went from 6350l+1100es to 6770l+1120es, no damage lost, because i skilled the 3 power charge skill points and an additional jewel.
Looking forward to your official rework of the build tomorrow ;)
Hi, it's my first coc build, check pls my items. What next to improve this build?
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
Sepyuu wrote:
Hi!

I've currently hit 44 and just re-adjusted my skill gems and gear to match the leveling guide but I'm finding my damage against bosses still lacking. Should I be using BV or something else alongside Cyclone/CoC-Frost Nova?

Hey, I heared lightning spire trap can help a lot.

Yeah, I posted about using Lightning Spire Trap ~50 pages ago (damn this build got popular, well done CheeQu). If you're using a Tabula, just put the CoC setup on a 5L and toss Lightning Spire in as the 6th gem. It should carry you through the Epilogue for bosses.
I may have missed it in the main post but is there a crit chance % we're shooting for when standing in town/hideout? I'm currently at 38% roughly and when I have 0 Power Charges I'm misfiring A LOT .. Due to using all the unique items we do capping res's is quite difficult while obtaining more critical chance.

This is also with full quality gems etc .. Some aren't 20 yet but that's not going to be a huge difference. I thought about grabbing the two life regen nodes in scion start, then putting a might of the meeks in. This should give a substantial boost and probably put me over 42-45% or somewhere close to that.

Thoughts?
Scratch part of that I'm a bit special. That does nothing but give me more multi, hp, and other things of possible use.
"
_fenris_1985 wrote:
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
_fenris_1985 wrote:
What you guys think about the talent Divine Fervour on the skill tree?
On the first sight useless for our build because of melee benefits.
But on the secong sight it maybe is good:

-25% increased melee criticasl strike chance --> more cyclon coc hits, more spells
-Damage with weapons penetreates 3% ele resis --> nice flat damage for our spells
-24% increased elemental damage with attack skills --> sadly useless
-10 to Str and Int --> flat life and mana

So over all maybe worth to invest the 1 skill point?!

Sadly the penetration doesnt work either. It's for "weapons", so again not spells included.

So it's basically just cyclone crit chance and str/int. Not that great, not terrible tho.

Damn you guys are right ;) Sad but true...

Btw. after your recomendation to switch the skill tree from Purity of Flesh to Tireless i went from 6350l+1100es to 6770l+1120es, no damage lost, because i skilled the 3 power charge skill points and an additional jewel.
Looking forward to your official rework of the build tomorrow ;)

Yeah, happy I discovered that node wheel! It will also help a lot with the mana problems that some people have.
Last edited by CheeQu on Jan 8, 2019, 2:23:15 PM
Does putting quality on the Cospri's do anything for this build? From what I can tell, it does not. Just curious.
"
Dralyne wrote:
I may have missed it in the main post but is there a crit chance % we're shooting for when standing in town/hideout? I'm currently at 38% roughly and when I have 0 Power Charges I'm misfiring A LOT .. Due to using all the unique items we do capping res's is quite difficult while obtaining more critical chance.

This is also with full quality gems etc .. Some aren't 20 yet but that's not going to be a huge difference. I thought about grabbing the two life regen nodes in scion start, then putting a might of the meeks in. This should give a substantial boost and probably put me over 42-45% or somewhere close to that.

Thoughts?

38 is around 90% effectively. Dont forget to use vortex (cospri offers 60% crit chance against chilled enemies) and manage diamond flask properly. You could also swap in ice golem if you prefer.
Last edited by CheeQu on Jan 8, 2019, 2:56:06 PM
"
Quore_23 wrote:
Does putting quality on the Cospri's do anything for this build? From what I can tell, it does not. Just curious.

Not really, some say it gives some phys damage which allow dread banner to gain stacks, but loreweave does that anyway.

Dread banner will be removed with tomorrow's guide update though, so that doesnt matter.
Last edited by CheeQu on Jan 8, 2019, 2:58:45 PM
CheeQu, just thought.. why Lycosidae? Isn´t it better to dual wield with one sword being a Hits cannot be evaded rare? :P
Mathils actual cat

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info