[3.5] Suck's First Level 100 Winter Orb Elementalist Guide! (BSC) Uber Elder/Atziri

"
derwaynez wrote:
does this build also work good without the green dream?

Yes. I killed Shaper without it, and don't have the Sceptre that the OP recommends.
Using 2 Shade of Solaris.
Damage is...decent but doable.
"
derwaynez wrote:
does this build also work good without the green dream?

I guess you meant The Green Nightmare, not the Dream one? This is kind of OP jewel to some exntent, but i killed Uber Elder and Uber Atziri without it. It's good, but there are a lot of other things that better to spend money on, especially considering that the price has recently increased by ~40% (5 -> 7 ex) most likely due to the popularity of this build.
Last edited by Hoceto on Jan 15, 2019, 3:50:28 PM
You need to edit your guide with suggestions for leveling weapons. Your "Shade of Solaris" doesn't cost "only 10c" anymore. The cheapest one on trade is .8 exalt.
So what 6L is best with AND without Empower Lvl4?

Winter Orb
Controlled Destro
Efficacy
Slower Projectiles
GMP
Hypothermia
Cold Penetration
Winter Orb
Controlled Destruction
GMP
Cold pen (yes even with pandemonius, frost bomb and 50% ele added as chaos)
Hypothermia (no brainer)
Added cold (more dps) or efficacy (less dps more QoL)
"
Winter Orb
Controlled Destruction
GMP
Hypothermia (no brainer)

does too much res pen/lower res have diminishing returns? I'm also running frostbite as a 2nd curse. I haven't ran PoB because my PC hates it.
Thanks

Does Empower (rank 3) make any difference?
"
NSUCK wrote:
"
Winter Orb
Controlled Destruction
GMP
Hypothermia (no brainer)

does too much res pen/lower res have diminishing returns? I'm also running frostbite as a 2nd curse. I haven't ran PoB because my PC hates it.

sort of, once their resists are negative, pen is less valuable compared to when their resists were positive

also with so much “elemental damage added as chaos”, the cold pen doesnt benefit such chaos damage
slower proj is actually more dps than cold pen... but slower proj... takes awhile to hit mobs

frostbite has -60% or 80% effectiveness on shaper i wouldnt bother with it

sources of pen
you have -25% from frost bomb
another -25% from herald of ice
20% with pandemonius
30+% (?) with cold pen gem

none of which diminishes in effectiveness on shaper/yellow mobs

frostbite on shaper would only give extra 6-8% pen

"
"
NSUCK wrote:
"
Winter Orb
Controlled Destruction
GMP
Hypothermia (no brainer)

sort of, once their resists are negative, pen is less valuable compared to when their resists were positive

also with so much “elemental damage added as chaos”, the cold pen doesnt benefit such chaos damage
slower proj is actually more dps than cold pen... but slower proj... takes awhile to hit mobs

sources of pen
20% with pandemonius

According to PoB, Winter Orb, Controlled Destruction, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Slower Projectiles, Added Cold Damage and Hypothermia is the highest dps combination of gems for bosses.

Instead of the Alva mod on rare gloves, I use Winds of Change for the same effect at 1/4 the price and they have the added benefit of canceling out the slower proj gem. We don't need the extra res on rare gloves.
"
"
NSUCK wrote:
"
Winter Orb
Controlled Destruction
GMP
Hypothermia (no brainer)

sources of pen
20% with pandemonius

Makes sense, maybe I'll drop frostbite and add enfeeble then.

"
Dreamsickle wrote:

According to PoB, Winter Orb, Controlled Destruction, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Slower Projectiles, Added Cold Damage and Hypothermia is the highest dps combination of gems for bosses.

Instead of the Alva mod on rare gloves, I use Winds of Change for the same effect at 1/4 the price and they have the added benefit of canceling out the slower proj gem. We don't need the extra res on rare gloves.

FYI, you can get a ton of DPS on gloves with multi-modding. There are a few other options that I don't have on mine. Increased damage during flask effect, +1 level AoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info