[3.5] Suck's First Level 100 Winter Orb Elementalist Guide! (BSC) Uber Elder/Atziri

What to multi-craft?

To Maximum Life
% Increased Damage

Then what? I figure my choices are:
Adds Fire Damage & Adds cold Damage
Maximum Mana & Reduced cost of skills
- Total mana cost of skills.
"
poeGT wrote:
How come no warlords/ice/thunder/curse on hit? Lack of available slots? I like to throw in decoy totem too but there's no room if I want grace/CoH set-up and frost bomb.

No need, we have Warlords on hit on ring.

Last edited by Esper21 on Jan 14, 2019, 2:45:03 PM
Any tips for leveling besides Freezing Pulse? Please, like which gems should I link to it.
"
Faendris wrote:
With some modifications it is quite possible to delve to 600 with this:

Cheers!

Share some insight on the helmet and gloves please?
"
Zynkh wrote:
Any tips for leveling besides Freezing Pulse? Please, like which gems should I link to it.

I usually link Freezing Pulse to Onslaught, Added Cold/Lightning damage, Arcane Surge(until Flame Dash) and Faster Casting. Should be working as fine, wiping everything within first 3 acts until lvl 28.

If you don't like it you could try using arc from lvl 12 with pretty much the same gem setup.
Last edited by Hoceto on Jan 15, 2019, 1:02:38 AM
Looking for some help.
I attempted uber elder/shaper at level 89 tonight and got smacked around!

Can someone help review my setup and see what might be wrong?
What should I prioritize for upgrades too.

Currently my goal now is to level up to 94 before attempting again but I look froward to discussing things here as well!

"
KhyleWillis wrote:

What to multi-craft?

To Maximum Life
% Increased Damage

Then what? I figure my choices are:
Adds Fire Damage & Adds cold Damage
Maximum Mana & Reduced cost of skills
- Total mana cost of skills.

The craft:
I did "testing" in PoB, and the flat dmg had better result (dps) for me, and it is cheaper than %increased dmg :)
Mana reduction is not needed (and i run all 3 heralds + spider)
crafted some meme sceptre

all pretty good!
does this build also work good without the green dream?
Fiddling with PoB and leaving everything at default save for toggling on "is the enemy chilled", the highest damage 6L combination that I come up with for all enemy types (trash, bosses, shaper/guardians) is Winter Orb, Controlled Destruction, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Added Cold Damage, Slower Multiple Projectiles and Hypothermia.

Any combination of the above with Empower and/or Cold Penetration all result in a loss of damage of 5% or more (if you go switching GMP or Controlled Destruction for some reason). GMP is the most beneficial support gem, followed by controlled destruction with added cold, slower projectiles and hypothermia all contributing about the same percentage to overall dps.

Of course Winter Orb is a new skill, and is tricky to replicate in a spreadsheet, plus I don't know how accurate the calculations in PoB are for the skill, so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info