0.10.2 Patch Notes

"
MackBesmirch wrote:
Ooh, I like the changes to the Duelist tree area -- He's got more good nodes at his starting location now, like the other classes. The duelist was slower to build before, and sorely lacking in Intelligence.

The Mana Flows and Armor Master moves HAVE affected my Marauder and Ranger characters... but I see this as an opportunity to be creative and reimagine the builds. I was dying a lot in Cruel anyhow, totally not planning for the faster monsters and my lowered resistances.

Only suggestion: Resetting the trees of directly affected characters is a given; for the other classe, might it be cool to give them all some free respec points? Like, my Ranger was totally headed to the Duelist area for some specific nodes, but had not yet quite reached them. I used all remaining respec points to get those nodes back to reallocate elsewhere, and now still have a few nodes I'd never have used, had I not intended to venture to the Duelist area.

The Armour Master change hurts my Movement Speed by about 8% :-( No longer at a perma 40%, will be more like 32% (8% loss is miniscule at that level of movement but I loved it.) I understand that GGG wanted to give Duelists a little bit of IAS in mid-game by replacing it with Berserking, but they didn't have to put the Armour Master talent in the SIXTH NODE of the Leather and Steel cluster.
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
Last edited by MajorThor on Mar 7, 2013, 10:22:34 PM
Woot, projectile damage upped from 6% to 8%. However, the life nodes there are now unfriendly to ranged builds, i.e. they're surrounded by melee nodes. Maybe make the 2 melee nodes above (or Master of the Arena) into just physical damage instead of melee physical damage?
Last edited by Dregos on Mar 7, 2013, 10:22:59 PM
mana flow :(

at least give us shadows a single 10% mana & 20% regen somewhere. rangers got their deep thought node, and shadows who are supposed to be caster types dont have single good.. scratch that, we dont have single mana node in our tree, how stupid is that ?
this was my only good mana node and i had to vent all to outskirt s of duelist portion of the tree to take it. now ? impossible.

and i dont get reasoning to put it in the middle of their tree. to make it harder for rest of us to get it ? what ?
A stranger like no otherther,
Faced the wall of the Umbra,

@Yastro
Last edited by yastru on Mar 7, 2013, 10:58:03 PM
the fire breathing snakes are game breaking.

it's like you listened to the feedback about voidbears and said, 'let's put them in act 2 as well. oh, and you melee guys, fuck you as well.'

/uninstall
Bring back the old lighting arrow effect build as an option in the main menu.

Why are you breaking your good looking skills like that.
At least make it an option for us to turn it on and off.

I really don't understand you GGG.
I don't know if any GGG folks are still reading after 56 pages of comments (wow) but I just tried out a duelist character with the new patch and gameplay is more fun now, at least for my particular build. I had gotten stuck grinding at the beginning of Act 3 Cruel, but the passive skill changes and the improvements to Cleave and Dual strike may get me through to the next level.

There is such a big variety of possible builds and playing styles that there is no way everyone going to like the changes, but for me, at least, they have been great so far. Thanks, guys!
Last edited by Prairie_Harpy on Mar 7, 2013, 11:20:00 PM
Though I am nervous about the firebreathing snakes... :)

edit: So I checked out the snakes and they are AWESOME. The animation is hilarious and I imagine that getting fire resistance by using rings or special gear will be easier for some players than ever-elusive chaos resistance.

woot flamethrower snakes!
Last edited by Prairie_Harpy on Mar 7, 2013, 11:29:19 PM
Taking Armour Master out of the tree to buff Duelists? That doesn't make any sense!
"
Mongrole wrote:
Taking Armour Master out of the tree to buff Duelists? That doesn't make any sense!

It got blended in with the 6th node in "Leather and Steel," which is right next to Unwavering Stance. So to get it back, we need to spend 5 passives just to get there.
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
Love it! Keep it up!
IGN@ Im_Better_Than_You.

BACK IN BIZ :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info