Lightning Arrow

Is this skill more effective with LMP + chain or GMP + pierce?

One benefit i can see is the mana cost, not too sure on the dps

can anyone clarify?
Just wanted to know how this skill interacts with chain and lmp cause I have tried many forums and global but no answers, even though this might have been asked a lot before. So the options are:
A
1 Arrow hits and procs the AoE
2 The AoE spreads to 3 mobs
3 The mobs getting hit by the AoE chains and procs the AoE
4 The chain continues until it ends
5 Total of 12 hits in one arrow

B
1 Arrow hits and procs the AoE AND chain
2 The AoE spreads to 3 mobs and chain shall chain to mobs
3 The chain procs the AoE while chaining
4 The chain continues until it ends
5 Total of 12 hits in one arrow

It's either those two or there's other options I don't know. If my options are wrong please tell me the pattern and how many hits are made from 1 arrow.
Default: one arrow. Whenever it connects with a monster, it damages that monster and up to three additional monsters nearby. (or objects)

LMP: You fire three arrows instead.
Chain: Each arrow Chains twice. Hits a dude -> hits up to four monsters -> flies to the next closest target -> hits -> damage to four -> chain -> hit -> damage

It's as simple as that.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 23, 2013, 10:59:19 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Default: one arrow. Whenever it connects with a monster, it damages that monster and up to three additional monsters nearby. (or objects)

Chain: Each arrow Chains twice. Hits a dude -> hits up to four monsters -> flies to the next closest target -> hits -> damage to four -> chain -> hit -> damage

It's as simple as that.

So it's actually:
1 Arrow hits and activates the AoE AND chain
2 Chain hits a mob and activates the AoE
3 Second chains does #2

I tried to rephrase to my understanding and apparently its still 12 hits from an arrow. Just give me a yes if I understood right.

"
bnxbandit wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

It's as simple as that.

So it's actually:
1 Arrow hits and activates the AoE AND chain
2 Chain hits a mob and activates the AoE
3 Second chains does #2

I tried to rephrase to my understanding and apparently its still 12 hits from an arrow. Just give me a yes if I understood right.

if there are enough mobs to hit, yes.
Is increased shock duration applied before or after the minimum duration to shock calculation?
IGN: Torrenz
Nemesis Shop: view-thread/634031
"
Torrenz wrote:
Is increased shock duration applied before or after the minimum duration to shock calculation?
both but not twice. game needs to know duration in order to even apply.
I made my first LA ranger during the one week turbo. This skill occasionally causes severe video lag. It seems especially obvious when first loading/using it after starting the game. The same way Summon Skeletons and Summon Water Elementals (Solaris/Descent boss) does/used to. I had it linked to Lesser Mult Projectiles and Chain, but i don't know that either of those are even the cause.

It didn't phase me too much, until yesterday's 105min turbo solo. Having seen the skill from the player's end, Chamber of Sins 1's LA skeletons really stood out. The exact same lag was occurring, despite no Chain or LMP. I used to think it was general video lag due to Sins 1 Necromancers and such. But it's clear that Lightning Arrow itself has some issues. Perhaps it is just doing too many vector/obstacle calculations when indoors. Then again, playing with the skill outdoors the same issue would occur on first load...

Regardless of the cause, i think it needs to be optimised.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97
Necropolis: 98
Last edited by unsane on Oct 6, 2013, 1:47:04 AM
Does concentrated effect work on ligtning arrow?It has the aoe tag and have asked around but have not gotten an answer.
Lightning Arrow has an AoE in which it seeks new targets (the on-Hit effect). However, Lightning Arrow never deals AoE Damage, so Conc Effect will not increase your damage output. It will only reduce the range in which the on-Hit effect seeks targets.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info