Burning Arrow

I reported this in the bugs forum, but it may get lost because of Xmas, so Burning Arrow doesn't work with Point Blank keystone or PB gem. I tested All other skills usable with bows and they work fine with PB.

edit: now fixed
Last edited by Thalandor on Jan 25, 2013, 2:21:39 PM
There goes by current build then.
Does the chance to ignite on this skill stack with the chance to ignite support gem? E.g if you have 15% chance to ignite with BA and 20% from the support gem, do you have 35% chance to ignite on hit with each attack?
"
Does the chance to ignite on this skill stack with the chance to ignite support gem? E.g if you have 15% chance to ignite with BA and 20% from the support gem, do you have 35% chance to ignite on hit with each attack?

Yes ignite chance is additive from all the sources you have.
"
Thalandor wrote:
I reported this in the bugs forum, but it may get lost because of Xmas, so Burning Arrow doesn't work with Point Blank keystone or PB gem. I tested All other skills usable with bows and they work fine with PB.
This is fixed in open beta, btw. And PyrosEien is correct about chance to ignite stacking.
sorry if it's been asked before (maybe even by me).

Theoretical situation, Burning Arrow + Fire Penetration + Elemental Proliferation

Will the Fire Penetration affect the damage of the burning DoT that is being proliferated?
Visit the Path of Exile Wiki at http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/
"
Danny wrote:
sorry if it's been asked before (maybe even by me).

Theoretical situation, Burning Arrow + Fire Penetration + Elemental Proliferation

Will the Fire Penetration affect the damage of the burning DoT that is being proliferated?

I just opened this thread to ask this very question.
Actually, I don't even know if the explosion phase of explosive arrow is buffed by fire penetration.
Nor do I know, (if it is buffed at all) if it only buffs against the one mob that was hit with the arrow, or if it affects all the mobs that are in range of the explosion

My tests are inconclusive
Fire Penetration applies to hits made by the linked skill. Damage-over-Time does not Hit, and as such cannot benefit from FPen.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Fire Penetration applies to hits made by the linked skill. Damage-over-Time does not Hit, and as such cannot benefit from FPen.

That's not the question. I know that fire penetration does not lower the resists of enemies hit by a DOT.

What is being asked is this:

Since the damage of the ingited DOT is based on the damage that the initial target took, is the damage over time is based on the damage before or after penetrated resists of the initial target?
Visit the Path of Exile Wiki at http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/
pretty sure we need a dev on this one. i know the hit from whatever act that caused fire damage linked to fire penetrate gets benefit. but we don't know if the resulting burning is still affected by fire penetration afterwards. considering DoT are not hits but it is from a skill that was under effects... Schrödinger's cat?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info