Burning Arrow

I have a suggestion.

I use the arrow fire gem with another gem support that increases the number of arrow fired to third.
when I have 3 monsters in front of me, every arrow hits a monster
but if I have only one monster in front of me only one arrow hits the monster and the others are lost.

My suggestion is that if you only have a monster in front of me and no other nearby, the three arrows should hit the monster single.
"
delamaree wrote:
I have a suggestion.

I use the arrow fire gem with another gem support that increases the number of arrow fired to third.
when I have 3 monsters in front of me, every arrow hits a monster
but if I have only one monster in front of me only one arrow hits the monster and the others are lost.

My suggestion is that if you only have a monster in front of me and no other nearby, the three arrows should hit the monster single.

Problem with that is its way to powerful is you do that. You would have to cut the damage of each arrow greatly.

My problem with this arrow is that Poison arrow seems to do as much or more damage not even counting the dot effect which works everytime and in a large area.

Burning arrow for me has no place, other than low mana.
Burning arrow has nice synergy with Chance to Ignite and Elemental Proliferation though. Perhaps this skill is better for bow witches than rangers?
its ranger spell?
"
ramalhinhuuu wrote:
its ranger spell?

It's meant for rangers as it has a dex/bow requirement. Other classes can use it though, if they have a bow and enough dex.
I use this arrow as my basic attack over poison arrow.

With added fire damage support, the DPS of this arrow is very high, and it's got higher burst than poison. With point blank passive a level-equal enemy is usually outright killed at point blank range from a fire arrow.

I link poison to pierce instead so can spread around poison clouds. It's not worth it for me to put all my supports into supporting poison, because that would drive up mana cost too high, and would mean I can't use those supports for other skills, like lightning arrow.

A lot of the damage from poison also comes from the damage over time effect, so against a tough opponent will start with a poison arrow then fire burning arrows until the poison DoT is exhausted.
Last edited by StealthNerf on Apr 6, 2012, 1:49:34 AM
Got to level 50 just now using this as my main single target attack. It's not particularly exciting, but it gets the job done: low mana cost and decent damage. Has killed pretty much every normal enemy in 2 hits from 1-50 (or 1 crit).

The burning is nice against bosses as well.

I miss doublestrike though :(
OP ( my screenshot says enough: )
This skill is a hero for me, it's my 'main' left mousebutton attack, i linked it with a 'faster projectiles' support gem and right now it does 1,300 DPS on ruthless, level 12 i think? Only downside to this skill, is that unlike the lightning arrow skill, burning arrow only has a limited range it can fire, while other arrows fly out of your screen and hit enemies.
Shoep - Default league Ranger
Peohs - Any other class or character i play.
Jhuvik - My Marauder
Merialeth - My witch
"
Struyk wrote:
OP ( my screenshot says enough: )

Lol.

My above feedback was without AoF and stacked weapon elemental damage. At that point the skill was fine.

Now my build is complete, and the skill is...yeah.

So I would say not a problem with Burning Arrow itself, but with the stuff you can combine it with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info