Burning Arrow

"
aimlessgun wrote:
"
Struyk wrote:
OP ( my screenshot says enough: )

Lol.

My above feedback was without AoF and stacked weapon elemental damage. At that point the skill was fine.

Now my build is complete, and the skill is...yeah.

So I would say not a problem with Burning Arrow itself, but with the stuff you can combine it with.

I just started playing the game. I am about lvl 11 and have burning arrow as my rightclick and main skill.
I dont have any support gems or amplifying abilities for fire arrow yet and I hardly see a difference in attacking with normal attack or flaming arrow. perhaps its base values should be increased somewhat and therefore decrease scaling with support gems or pasives.
Anyone got an idea how this could be done?
ign: kahunB
"
Struyk wrote:

It's AoF, not burning arrow. Dps doesn't consider burning damage, so it's even worse than the screenshot says, but it's only because of AoF.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
"
zriL wrote:
"
Struyk wrote:

It's AoF, not burning arrow. Dps doesn't consider burning damage, so it's even worse than the screenshot says, but it's only because of AoF.

AoF is not the problem, its the +%weapon elemental damage passives and gem and diamond flasks...
When is AoF going to be patched? I'm tired of all these high level players abusing it. They can make a new build and hit level 60 in a few hours with it...

It took a player today 6 hours to hit level 60 with AoF....really ruins the balance of the game.
"
Struyk wrote:
"
zriL wrote:
"
Struyk wrote:

AoF is not the problem, its the +%weapon elemental damage passives and gem and diamond flasks...

The Weapon Elemental Damage passives are not the problem as they are balanced to builds without AoF. AOF and Diamond Flasks are both problems. I would suggest they both be removed or reworked majorly.
Last edited by thepmrc on Apr 26, 2012, 1:49:13 PM
For consistency, it should indicate a bow is required.
itsalljustagame.wordpress.com - my blog about all things gaming - Current project - "Communal effort" - Game design by popular vote!
Or you could... you know... not take AoF and have a fun game.

I have a Lvl 36 Ranger using Fire arrow + Elemental+ gem + mana leech as my normal attack (yes leech offsets the mana use). I previously used poison arrow + pierce.

I have lightning arrow + faster projectiles (increased damage) for small groups of enemies. Previously Rain of Arrows + added cold damage... yes I know...

Evasion based gear increased by Grace skill gems (+420 or some

A high damage bow + 83% increased physical damage and a quiver with 28% increased elemental damage (affects my primary and secondary attacks).

Point Blank Shot Passive. While I know it has many disadvantages, the 50% increase at next to close range is very powerful. the -50% malus at long range rarely affects me.

Pierce passive. I found while pressing C that the passive and skill gem doesn't seem to stack. It's stuck at 35%.

With elemental+, damage+, +50% from point blank and a good chance to pierce multiple targets... Fire Arrow is usually very destructive without exploiting too much the passive tree.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
Does the dot effects from burning arrow stack with those of fire trap?
Does igniting enemies so they burn have anything to do with getting a crit, or is it totally unrelated?

Petrov.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Does igniting enemies so they burn have anything to do with getting a crit, or is it totally unrelated?

It's unrelated, using Resolute Technique and this with Chance to Ignite will still ignite mobs.

However crits will cause burning for the same damage (benefiting from the 20% increased damage) so diamond flasks are still useful.

"
Kaiden wrote:
Does the dot effects from burning arrow stack with those of fire trap?

I'm pretty sure it does. The burning from fire trap isn't an Elemental Status like the burning from burning arrow, it's an AoE DoT.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info