Burning Arrow

nice gem
IGN : DCDTDito
"
StealthNerf wrote:
I use this arrow as my basic attack over poison arrow.

With added fire damage support, the DPS of this arrow is very high, and it's got higher burst than poison. With point blank passive a level-equal enemy is usually outright killed at point blank range from a fire arrow.

I link poison to pierce instead so can spread around poison clouds. It's not worth it for me to put all my supports into supporting poison, because that would drive up mana cost too high, and would mean I can't use those supports for other skills, like lightning arrow.

A lot of the damage from poison also comes from the damage over time effect, so against a tough opponent will start with a poison arrow then fire burning arrows until the poison DoT is exhausted.

It's funny you mention this because this is how I'm using Burning Arrow and poison arrow on my lvl 53 Ranger. (Freshly arrived at Merciless :D)

Burning Arrow has been my go-to default attack (swapped the default attack out). Reason being because it's low mana cost (11 mana atm). It's probably one of the few arrow skills that costs so little in mana even with the Haste aura on. In conjunction with faster projectiles and faster attack speed support gems, I can spam this thing forever. Usually I have my Haste aura on (that thing sucks up SO much mana) and I can spam my Burning Arrow even faster. Without Haste or frenzy charges, it does around 1.7k damage.

Only problem is that I don't use any support gems that increase the elemental damage on it (my sockets don't support it either), but in a way, that's made it more effective for me as I've changed my strategy from having high DPH to decent DPS due to attacking speed. (I'm getting sick of having to dish out a fortune for items with high elemental damage mods.)

I use poison arrow with lesser multiple projectiles and faster projectiles for AoE/DoT/groups, Lightning Arrow for pairs/triples, and Frenzy as another method to increase my attacking speed. Last I counted, with haste aura on and 3 frenzy charges, I could spam Burning Arrow 2.53 times per second. For high health enemies, I use the projectile weakness curse to give me an edge. (The battle with Oak on Ruthless showed me that attacking speed isn't everything.)
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Is burning arrow considered as an attack or a spell?
Needs a bow, fires arrows, damage based on weapon. All signs point to Attack ;)
"
Islidox wrote:
"
StealthNerf wrote:
I use this arrow as my basic attack over poison arrow.

With added fire damage support, the DPS of this arrow is very high, and it's got higher burst than poison. With point blank passive a level-equal enemy is usually outright killed at point blank range from a fire arrow.

I link poison to pierce instead so can spread around poison clouds. It's not worth it for me to put all my supports into supporting poison, because that would drive up mana cost too high, and would mean I can't use those supports for other skills, like lightning arrow.

A lot of the damage from poison also comes from the damage over time effect, so against a tough opponent will start with a poison arrow then fire burning arrows until the poison DoT is exhausted.

It's funny you mention this because this is how I'm using Burning Arrow and poison arrow on my lvl 53 Ranger. (Freshly arrived at Merciless :D)

Burning Arrow has been my go-to default attack (swapped the default attack out). Reason being because it's low mana cost (11 mana atm). It's probably one of the few arrow skills that costs so little in mana even with the Haste aura on. In conjunction with faster projectiles and faster attack speed support gems, I can spam this thing forever. Usually I have my Haste aura on (that thing sucks up SO much mana) and I can spam my Burning Arrow even faster. Without Haste or frenzy charges, it does around 1.7k damage.

Only problem is that I don't use any support gems that increase the elemental damage on it (my sockets don't support it either), but in a way, that's made it more effective for me as I've changed my strategy from having high DPH to decent DPS due to attacking speed. (I'm getting sick of having to dish out a fortune for items with high elemental damage mods.)

I use poison arrow with lesser multiple projectiles and faster projectiles for AoE/DoT/groups, Lightning Arrow for pairs/triples, and Frenzy as another method to increase my attacking speed. Last I counted, with haste aura on and 3 frenzy charges, I could spam Burning Arrow 2.53 times per second. For high health enemies, I use the projectile weakness curse to give me an edge. (The battle with Oak on Ruthless showed me that attacking speed isn't everything.)

Ahah. I'm using burning arrow as default attack and poison arrow (+lesser multiple projectiles/+pierce/... it depends), just like you guys. It's my first char on PoE.
I was planning on using burning arrow as my main skill, but then I discovered poison arrow and I just can't stop using it. That's how burning arrow became my default attack, and poison arrow my main skill.
IGN: Arcley (Bloodlines)
Last edited by Huxley on Aug 5, 2012, 10:58:27 PM
I Find burning arrow to excellent will multiple projectiles, chance to burn, and elemental prolif. With a few burn damage passives and fire damage passives i could almost call it comparable damage wise to poison arrow. The mana cost with those support gems isn't all that bad either 18 mana is spammable with my hybrid shadow.
BLARG
Burning Arrow doesn't have the 'Fire' tag on it. I assume that it should have it.
"
Jozen wrote:
Burning Arrow doesn't have the 'Fire' tag on it. I assume that it should have it.
Thanks, this will be fixed soon.
dont change this, standard lowcost, spammable, solid.
Definitely agree with other posters here. Don't mess with this one...perfect skill to use that does solid damage for lower mana costs compared to other shots. Rangers need something to fall back on from time to time and Burning Arrow fits that bill wonderfully.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info