Burning Arrow

"
k0do wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Burning Arrow is considered a cheap spammable SINGLE-TARGET skill. It cant match AoE skills in terms of AoE damage. Try to use it as intended, link something like Added fire(or faster attacks)/WED/Life leech to it in 4-L(prefferably with Blackgleam), and use it as alternate skill against bosses.

sure, you can use it for single target

but it will still be doing ALOT less damage than frenzy or ele hit

theres just no place late game where using burning arrow is optimal :/

Frenzy and elemental hit eat a LOT MORE MANA! Like i said, Burning Arrow is a cheap skill, while frenzy is a massive mana dump. Same with Elemental Hit. You're forced to go Blood Magic with them, usually.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Oct 3, 2013, 8:52:22 AM
Elemental Hit, yes you're generally mana screwed with low physical damage. For Frenzy, you need one trivial gearslot with any mana leech on it.

The only thing I can really say in its favor nowadays is: since every single monster in the final act resists elemental damage, it's maybe not completely strictly inferior to Fireball.

Still, not super enthused about how Pyromaniac is effectively unreachable, even if this were nice skill to use. One of the more pervasive ideas about stretching the Ranger's slice of the ability pie is with DoT delivered through attacks - for example a node that universally added +% burning/poison damage with attacks, stuff that hits the survival craftsman trope. Would also punch up weird two-handed Infernal Blow rangers as a bonus...
Last edited by LimitedRooster on Oct 9, 2013, 12:55:59 AM
"
Elemental Hit, yes you're generally mana screwed with low physical damage. For Frenzy, you need one trivial gearslot with any mana leech on it.

The only thing I can really say in its favor nowadays is: since every single monster in the final act resists elemental damage, it's maybe not completely strictly inferior to Fireball.

Still, not super enthused about how Pyromaniac is effectively unreachable, even if this were nice skill to use. One of the more pervasive ideas about stretching the Ranger's slice of the ability pie is with DoT delivered through attacks - for example a node that universally added +% burning/poison damage with attacks, stuff that hits the survival craftsman trope. Would also punch up weird two-handed Infernal Blow rangers as a bonus...

Frenzy costs 18 mana without supports, and have greatly increased attack speed. Even in 4-L, it's manacost would be quite hard to maintain (and in 6-L mana cost will be even higher).
And you want to tell me, that mana leech will be enough? How many mana do you have? 1000+?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I know I harp on this one a lot, but another idea:

If this is meant to be like a ranged Viper Strike, where you use it once to start a DoT (and the +3% burn duration as its Quality implies that. As a primary spam attack, the quality is absolutely worthless.) then it should scale up to a 90 (Increased Burning Damage's quality would matter) to 100% ignite chance at slvl 20. And the quality could lengthen the burning to a full 10 seconds.

As a supplemental skill, I suppose the fact there's not a lot of great supports to raise its DoT (just Burning Damage, W.Elemental Damage, and Added Fire basically) actually begins to work in its favor.

I would actually love this skill if it were a real, reliable DoT.
Last edited by LimitedRooster on Oct 12, 2013, 1:17:06 PM
One question: the Burning Arrow gem does not have the projectile tag, does this mean it's not affected by projectile modifiers like point blank, ballistic mastery and the increased projectile damage nodes?
"
ariantes wrote:
One question: the Burning Arrow gem does not have the projectile tag, does this mean it's not affected by projectile modifiers like point blank, ballistic mastery and the increased projectile damage nodes?
bows shoot projectiles... so... um...
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
ariantes wrote:
bows shoot projectiles... so... um...

Obviously, but why does a skill like Split Arrow have the projectile tag and Burning Arrow doesn't? What difference does it make?
Someone forgot to add Projectile to Burning Arrow's description is the only difference :) Everything that normally works for Projectiles does apply to Burning Arrow as expected.
>>>
IGN - TrolldAllDay

Scammers - @IamSuchAFatty - scammed 1 onslaught exalt for 2 hardcore
<<<
Last edited by twapper on Oct 29, 2013, 12:06:51 PM
Well now, that changes everything. Damage is fine; only thing left to complain about is that the quality = +Duration which is weird.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info