Zero players from top 100 betrayal are melee.

I'm trying to do Yellow map and dear fucking god the syndicate just do too much damage and lets not forgot about the never ending army of garbage they spawn too, you just can't see shit anymore and going in there with a melee char is crazy, it clearly feel it was not tested for melee at all.

I'm going to reroll a ez ranged char because at this point i'm wasting my time.
DW is still good for Spectral Throw LUL
My biggest problem this league isn't the nerf itself rather the league mechanic. I cant see a thing everything is clustered with shades of green, i just hit lvl 80 and thinking about rerolling into a ranged character because its frustrating as hell, they are cheaper and more tanky.
You have to be suicidal to go into melee range against the syndicate, unless you are playing a max block build.
Somebody call the wahmbulance.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
well it makes it not a recommended league starter because you don't have currency to scale equal to ranged/spells power immediately, but while playing the game you'll always get enough currency to fund at least one build.

being more expensive doesn't stress how much more expensive. it isn't like an equally powered melee build would be 50ex while ranged is 1 or something ridiculous like that.

but ya i'd basically just sum it up with - do not play melee as a league starter. it always feels like garbage for a long time until you can invest more into your items.

Fair enough.

The more I dwell on it, the more this is in-line with my D2 experiences as well. I'd play something fairly breezy to accumulate gear, find some weird unique and go, hey, what if I tried...this? Then I'd mule like crazy (oh the days before shared stash -- kids have no idea how rough we had it!) and start really experimenting. Rib Cracker Assassin, for example. Or knife-throwing Sorceress. You just can't do that without getting the gear to begin with.

Easy to forget, I guess.

Easy to forget running my pindle or mephisto bot 19hrs a day
"
xMustard wrote:
well it makes it not a recommended league starter because you don't have currency to scale equal to ranged/spells power immediately, but while playing the game you'll always get enough currency to fund at least one build.

Having leveled plenty of melee from zero currency, this feels off.

1. You need to max your resists and find some life rolls.
That's true for both spells/bows and melee.
But all archetypes can do this selffound if need be.

2. You need sufficient damage output to progress.
As melee, the Whetstone recipe carries you into late act 2, then you invest a single chaos orb into a 250+ dps unique weapon and can start mapping into yellow tiers. Maybe also want to spend 3-4 chaos orbs for a 5L chest (but you probably also want that as a ranged build).

Nobody can tell me that a 1 (or 4-5) chaos orb difference in entrance price is
such a big deal.

The reason why melee is not that great as a starter is the overall speed (no matter the expenses or stage of the game), especially at the beginning of a league, when being among the first in endgame means tons of profit.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I have 29 characters which include

zero Duelists
2 Shadows (1 trap, 1 bow)
and 2 Marauders (1 shield throw and 1 facebreaker/totem)

Melee has sucked for a while.
KKNZ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info