Zero players from top 100 betrayal are melee.

My clan

''LOL MELEE OKAY HAVE FUN WITH 130% LESS DAMAGE THANKS REDDIT THANKS COMMUNITY THANKS FOR LISTENING TO US''

''LOL MELEE OKAY HAVE FUN WITH 130% LESS DAMAGE THANKS REDDIT THANKS COMMUNITY THANKS FOR LISTENING TO US''

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Melee may suck (played Sunder, Molten Strike, Earthquake), but it's all up to the player personality.

i'll *NEVER* play a multi totem build - i saw vids.
You place totems, RUN AWAY and let them do the work.

it's efficient, but it's not fun.

I love facetanking. I'm crazy. Even when i need to run way i still facetank.
this is who i am, this is my way of playing.

I started playing Betrayal with Tectonic slam, but it really sucks,
so currently i'm back to molten strike, since it's the only normal melee.

"Do you even facetank?"

Last edited by Ofirdr78 on Dec 10, 2018, 2:48:23 AM
"
Ofirdr78 wrote:
Melee may suck (played Sunder, Molten Strike, Earthquake), but it's all up to the player personality.

i'll *NEVER* play a multi totem build - i saw vids.
You place totems, RUN AWAY and let them do the work.

it's efficient, but it's not fun.

I love facetanking. I'm crazy. Even when i need to run way i still facetank.
this is who i am, this is my way of playing.

I started playing Betrayal with Tectonic slam, but it really sucks,
so currently i'm back to molten strike, since it's the only normal melee.

"Do you even facetank?"

Molten strike is projectiles and the reason it`s still viable all the way to endgame.
Welcome to post stat sticks. We told you so. No one listened.

I held out until last league on stubbornly playing melee. I have officially given up.

<<sad trombone>>

Maybe someday something will rotate in again to make some melee skill accessible without ridiculous investment.
melee should not have crazy damage numbers like ranged but the current state of it is almost retarded. i refuse to play non melee chars, i simply cant run away from danger - that literally infuriates me. im a very straightforward guy irl too and playing ranged/totem/whatever bullshit feels like being a faggot (this will probly get deleted rofl).

i can still kill shaper and perform decently on t17 elder but it feels wrong in overall. even in that video imtroducing primordial blocks boss it was a witch ffs

edit
Spoiler
Last edited by Kreaper_669 on Dec 10, 2018, 12:38:42 PM
see told ya melee is fine as long as you do not play it.

Besides it could be worse. Melee could still have other issues like targeting, survivability, positioning, and damage options. However all that is just background noise the real issue was that players were not playing enough ranged shit and spells. Well glad that has been finally worked out.

Also if you want melee you have to play another game. (Grim Dawn, Titan Quest, Wolcen, Lost Ark, Torchlight, etc.)

However why should you have to leave? It is not like GGG can't solve "The Riddle of Melee." Other ARPG's have been doing it for years.

Maybe just maybe people are playing Arc, BV, etc. until they have the currency to spend to make their potential melee builds half as good as all the other options. That has to be it. Give it a week or two and melee builds should be back up their with the other more powerful, cheaper, faster, enemy mechanic ignoring, options.

THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!!
Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
Last edited by bionicg2040 on Dec 10, 2018, 12:41:58 PM
thats the problem - you have to invest rather heavily to make melee viable while investing all of that to ranged makes it roflstomp shaper and uber elder.

torchlight 2 did melee the right way btw
I'm plying frost blades. I'm level 96 right now. Everything is dead till multistrike finish. No bosses of course, but clearing speed is awesome. I have also mirrored dagger for it and build is extremely expensive. They suppose to do something with melee. I understand pain of regular melee.
Meh I'm doing ok. I built my chieftain pretty tanky. Sadly most of my damage is from ignite instead of melee. I use an unhealthy amount of cast when damage taken gems lol...
I'm playing meelee... Caster. Blade Vortex.

Was hoping to play Double Strike Champion, but all the guides/builds I saw said meelee is bad and dual wield even worse, so...

Nothing that BV sin is not fun, I'm having an easier life, but would love to dual wield champion.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info